[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much does a kicker or a punter earn compared to other positions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

How much does a kicker or a punter earn compared to other positions?
>>
>>74716470
I also share this peculiar curiosity, my transalpine friend.
>>
why don't you ask that in google instead of here?
>>
>>74716470
I think about 2 or 3 million a year on the high end. Not much compared to other starters on the team but still a good chunk money.

I bet kickers make the most money per minutes played. Maybe. I don't have stats to back up that theory, and I'm not about to do math.
>>
>>74716470
less that pretty much all 22 starters
but more than just about all the backups outside the occasional qb
>>
>>74716470
kicking and punting are very different positions. Punter is much easier than kicker, so I'd imagine kicker makes more. However, an elite punter is much more valuable than people think.
>>
>>74716470
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/matt-bryant-2959/

Here's the money Matt Bryant made, who is a good barometer for what a "good" kicker would be making around the league, an elite level kicker would be making much more that this

a good kicker is worth their weight in gold and worth every penny they're paid, a good kicker will typically be the highest scorer on the team

Compared to others though, it's chump change. You're never going to see a kicker getting a 4 year $72 million monster deal
>>
>>74716470
They're almost on the bottom on the totem pole, although they can make more than long snappers
>>
>>74720991
Why? Couldn't an amateur literally punt the ball as long as he had strong enough legs?
>>
>>74721862
when you punt the ball, you're allowed to kick it out of bounds. so the best punters will aim to pin opponents within their own 20 by kicking the ball so that it lands out of bounds there.

the best thing a punter can do is punt the ball into the "coffin corner", which means it goes out of bounds right before the endzone. this gives the other team really poor field position.
>>
Reliable kickers probably make around $1M/yr
>>
>>74716470
An imperfect analogy would be how much money you'd pay a goalkeeper. The good ones get plenty of money, but Neuer is never going to make as much as Messi.
>>
On average, NBA players make $5.15 million, MLB players make $3.2 million, NHL players make $2.4 million, and NFL players make $1.9 million per year, according to Forbes.
>>
>>74716470
More than most RB
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.