[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did he become a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1637.png (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1637.png
15KB, 200x200px
Why did he become a meme?
>>
File: foledawg.jpg (147KB, 1217x817px) Image search: [Google]
foledawg.jpg
147KB, 1217x817px
>>74667133
because the 2013 season was a fluke. his injury in 2014 pretty much closed the book on him repeating that success ever again.
>>
>>74667154
But why was it a fluke?
>>
he was always a meme
>>
didn't he throw 7 TDs in one game once?

kek
>>
File: foles raidurrs.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
foles raidurrs.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>74667174
couple of reasons.

first, it was chip kelly's first season in the NFL. the hurry-up offense was still really new to teams at the time, so the eagles were able to rack up points very quickly against exhausted defenses.

second, the eagles offense was actually extremely good outside of foles in 2013. they had the NFL's leading rusher in mccoy, the best deep threat in the league in djax, and the best offensive line in the league. combined with the innovative offensive system, they were very hard to stop at times.

thirdly, it was just a ridiculous lucky season for him. i can't remember ever seeing more dropped interceptions in a single season. add all this to the fact that riley cooper was somehow a great WR that year, and you get 27 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, and 1 playoff berth.
>>
>>74667223
how did they actually lose that playoff game against the saints? I remember being shocked at the result, thinking the eagles would be going far that year, refresh my memory pls
>>
File: foles saints.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
foles saints.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>74667244
basically alex henery was our kicker and he missed a field goal that would have won the game. we scored the go-ahead TD with 5 minutes left, but sproles gave them good field position, and our shitty secondary put them into position to kick a GW field goal.
>>
>>74667345
>our

I'm so sorry you're an eagles fan
>>
>>74667223
that webm, and that is why dj is on the lions now
>>
File: sighsigh.jpg (74KB, 746x489px) Image search: [Google]
sighsigh.jpg
74KB, 746x489px
>>74667360
you get used to it.
>>
>>74667345
not an eagles fan but that was a really fun team to watch. What a core that team had!
>>
File: s8.webm (509KB, 660x388px) Image search: [Google]
s8.webm
509KB, 660x388px
>>74667379
yeah, and then chip kelly got a big head and thought he was the sole reason for the team's success, and got rid of the players that made that team good.
>>
>>74667425
was that season before or after djax? thought that was the worst move he ever made
>>
>>74667431
in 2013 maclin was injured and djax was the main guy, put up fantastic numbers. then chip fucking CUT him that offseason.

2014, maclin came back and played great. so of course chip doesn't resign him, trades shady to the bills for a white oregon LB, and trades foles for bradford.

2015, he gets fired.
>>
>>74667223
>hurry-up offense new to the NFL in 2013

TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
>>74667345
Eagles would have just gotten raped alive in Seattle anyway, but yeah imagine if Wentz had that offense to develop with

I guess the good thing is that >our defense is trending upwards towards elite with literally just needing a good LB and any corners capable of starting in the NFL
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.