[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest: what is your personal definition of a sport?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 404.jpg (49KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
404.jpg
49KB, 500x387px
Be honest: what is your personal definition of a sport?
>>
File: 1486412777387.jpg (24KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1486412777387.jpg
24KB, 350x350px
>What does the Burger mean by this?
>>
physical contact with an opponent, for one thing
>>
Really any competition that requires physical effort/skills and that isn't virtual. I consider shooting/motorsport to be sports but I don't consider LoL to be a sport.
>>
Anything that is physical and is also a competition
>>
A competition with physical elements.
>>
What's the point of forcing this stupid, lame meme?
>>
has to be someone competing against you
physically trying to stop you from winning
chess isn't a sport
golf isn't a sport
best examples are MMA, rugby, NFL, hockey...

>>74640060
>forcing
what the fuck does that even mean? no one is talking about it.
>>
>>74639874
Sport is a competition in which some high level of athleticism or concentration or both are involved.

>>74640060

>He hasnt heard about the call that saved Europe.
>>
Panem et circenses

And it's still working fine. I don't even mind being a pleb that gets distracted by sports.
>>
>>74640060
>upset at the call that doomed Brazil
>>
>more physical then hammering a nail (gookclick gtfo)
>objective scoring system (1 goal, 1 point, not gymnastics with judges)
>established league (fuck outta here quidditch on brooms)

Basically it
>>
Men fighting against other men or nature for the sole purpuse of finding out who is better or who measures up to the obsticle.
>>
>>74639874
Dunking my balls in your mom's ass every night.
>>
>>74639874
Can I get a quick rundown on this guy?
>>
>>74640099
>golf isn't a sport

Nature tries to stop you from winning.
>>
Anything competitive against an opponent or even yourself where the physical execution of an action is just as important as the strategic/tactical side of the equation.

Golf is, indeed, a sport. You can easily theorize how to attack a course, but if you're not skilled enough to hit the ball straight, you won't go anywhere.

Chess isn't.

By this definition, video games are sports, since they do require physical performance, but they are at the ultimate bottom of the list of sports with something like fishing. Hell, it's an insult to fishing to compare the relative exertion involved.
>>
>>74640060
Nice try bogdabots
>>
>>74639874
physical activity for the sake of just physical activity or competition
>>
File: esports.jpg (3MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
esports.jpg
3MB, 2000x1333px
>>74639874
A sport is a game where competitiveness is based on a person's physical abilities. Golf and curling are sports; auto and horse racing, chess, video games, etc. are not sports.
>>
>>74642015
wouldnt that exclude solo sports like jogging ?
>>
>>74642845
Jogging is not a sport, it's an activity.

Who are you competing against when you go for a jog?
>>
>>74642876
>>Who are you competing against
no one which is exactly my point. I really didnt think the popular definition doesnt consider jogging as sport.
>>
MMA isn't a sport
>>
>>74642938
how is it not?
>>
>>74642015
hand-eye coordination is a physical ability, as is team communication, the United States views esport players as athletes, so there's really no argument otherwise
>>
>>74639874

Something that's not actually sports related.
>>
>>74642015
Mental ability is just as important/if not more important than physical ability in most sports

>chess
mental ability
>horse racing
jockeys
>video games
mental ability/hand eye
>>
>>74639874
who is this guy? can i get a quick rundown?
>>
Is it true that the Bogdanoffs created every sport?
>>
>>74639874
dumb bogposter
>>
>requires exceptional athleticism, both cardiovascular and strength (e-sports are not sports, kys)

>needs to be offense and defense (golf is a game)

>scoring system must be objective (i.e. no gymnastics)
>>
>>74643445
none of the three things you listed are sports.
>>
>>74643920
everything is true about the Bogdanoffs
>>
>>74644082
yes they are
>>
>>74644589
no
>>
i know it when i see it, ok??! stop asking dumb questions
>>
I hate this meme
>>
>>74643962
What about fights decided by the judges?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.