[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Dirk better than Duncan? Do the Spurs still win all those

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: DirkNowitzki.jpg (21KB, 220x353px)
DirkNowitzki.jpg
21KB, 220x353px
Is Dirk better than Duncan? Do the Spurs still win all those titles with Dirk? Do the Mavs win any titles with Timmy?
>>
Yes
Yes
No

Duncan's better than Dirk, but Pop is the real reason for the Spurs' success.
>>
>>74569976

This. Duncan is still greater than Dirk though because sports isn't about maybes and shoulda's, it's about tangible things like Rings and MVPs, which duncan has and dirk doesn't.
>>
>>74569345
>le no defense big man

Duncan is miles better than Dirk. Check the resume
>>
Heavily biased german here

Duncan > Dirk. Nothing but love and respect for Dirk though, clearly one of the all-time greats.
>>
>>74569345
If Dirk got the 4 rings he should've won (03,06,07,11) then he would be considered the GOAT PF, but it didn't happen.. It took Dirk 3 choke jobs to finally get it right in 2011.
>>
>>74571397
Lmao

Dumbass boy

>>74569345
Dirk cant play defense but he still a top 30 player in NBA history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrY-znAxUE0
>>
>>74571397
>dat 06 final
Even as a spurs fan
Holy shit the mavs got hosed by the refs in the finals
>>
>>74572154
>Dwayne Wade scored over half the Heats points in free throws in a game

Fuck that guy and fuck the refs
>>
Dirk was a playoff choker before 2011, him losing the warriors in the first round is the most embarrassing nba performance ever, even moreso than lebron in 2011. Hell if lebron didn't shrink in the finals, dirk would have zero rings. Duncan is easily better, his overall defensive and offensive impact outweighs dirk's by a large margin
>>
KG is better than both
>>
OMG...the shit on this board

Duncan is the best 4 in history, and therefore > Dirk

>>74572307
This guy is just simply retarded. You can't even begin to make that argument.
>>
>>74572291
>Dirk was a playoff choker before 2011

No he wasnt. He took the Spurs to 7 Games in the WCF in 03, beat the defending champ Spurs
in 7 games in the WCF in 06. 07 was the only choke but the Mavs team as whole choked..
>>
>>74569976
>coaches in basketball matter

wew
>>
Duncan's better from an efficiency standpoint, Dirk from an aesthetic standpoint. Hard to say how they would do if they switched places because they play differently and those teams were built around their skillsets. I think the teams w/Duncan would probably do a little better, but Dirk would probably roast Timmy in a game of 1 on 1.
>>
>>74569345
I can't believe Dirk's knees haven't exploded from all those hard landings on fadeaways. How did he get 20 years?

He's not the greatest 4, but he got 20 years. Makes the stat sheet look nice.
>>
File: Dirk Hentai.jpg (51KB, 678x533px) Image search: [Google]
Dirk Hentai.jpg
51KB, 678x533px
>>74569345

Yes, laughable that people actually debate this
Yes, and more
No, the 2011 squad would be good enough for him to have a shot, but the 2011 Spurs with Dirk would kill them
>>
>>74569345
Dirk won't ever be close to Tim Duncan-God tier.
>>
>>74572307
Came here to say this. If we're using the hypothetical put them all on the same teams argument, I'm sure KG comes out of it with the best career. I only rate Karl Malone ahead of Kevin at the 4.
>>
>>74576249
Yeah fucking right . None of them will ever know the pressure to perform in critical games to seal that 5th ring. By the way, KG got lazy and sold out.
>>
File: When will they learn.jpg (310KB, 1280x887px) Image search: [Google]
When will they learn.jpg
310KB, 1280x887px
>>74576226
>>74576249

Spotted two dorks that don't know shit about basketball
>>
>>74576294
What part of hypothetical don't you understand? Kevin's personality is different under 20 years of Poppovich. He's more focused. You think Duncan is the exact same if he rots on a lottery team most of his career ?
>>
>>74576316
Get the fuck over your hypothetical bullshit, moron. We were talking about the power forwards, stop making excuses, and learn the game and their players. Smh.
>>
>>74576506
You are the moron sir. Basketball is a team sport but you fucking numbskulls never seem to understand this, which makes all the player comparisons and dick-measuring pointless. You have to factor in everything.
>>
>>74576526
Dude I agree 100% it's a team game, I just didn't bother explaining that to this idiot all over KG's nuts. Popovich is one of the best and he coaches an impressive team season after season, but some of these kids need to give Duncan more credit. You can't just swap out players and say "he'd do the same or better".
>>
>>74569976
done
>>74572635
good coach = stability. pop created a good environment, and his players helped solidify it.
>>
>>74569976
> dirk is better than duncs
yes
> do spurs win with dirk
yes
> duncs is better than dirk

Do you even proof read what you type?
>>
RAW TALENT IT GOES:

KG > Malone > Dirk > Duncan

This is objective.
>>
>>74576719
Malone > Kevin otherwise correct. If Michael wasn't in the league man.. the way we'd be talking about Karl Malone.
>>
File: CgcKRotWwAALHvJ.jpg (55KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CgcKRotWwAALHvJ.jpg
55KB, 600x600px
>>74576742

We'd be talking about how one of the most overrated players of all time is a pedophile
>>
>>74578282
There's nothing wrong with pedophilia
>>
File: 1488147515195.gif (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488147515195.gif
1MB, 480x360px
>>74571344
>German has pop into a dirk thread.

Everytime.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (6KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
6KB, 184x184px
>>74576249
>A scrutiny of the greatness of basketball players involves placing them in hypothetical scenarios where they are in a lottery team environment
>I objectively think Malone and Garnett are better than Duncan
>>
>>74578409
fuck you kangaroo fucker
>>
dirk is better offensively but duncan is a wall defensively. doubt they win more than 1 or 2 if they replaced each other
>>
>>74578428
David Robinson was there with Duncan when Spurs won 2, all Dirk ever needed in his career was Center like D-Rob who would play D and protect the rim.

Only finals I'd see Spurs losing with Dirk instead of Duncan is 05 against the Pistons.
>>
Dirk was a better shooter than Duncan or any other big man in history.

But Duncan could do everything perfectly
>>
File: Dennis Rodman u dumb.jpg (282KB, 736x1118px) Image search: [Google]
Dennis Rodman u dumb.jpg
282KB, 736x1118px
>>74578368

Time to put the keyboard down, Karl Malone
>>
Duncan
Malone
KG
Dirk
Barkley
McHale
Pettit
Rodman
Gasol
Draymond Green
>>
>>74576685
This. Just contradicting himself and everyone agrees with him.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.