[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this state so shit at sports?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: minnesota.png (4KB, 297x239px) Image search: [Google]
minnesota.png
4KB, 297x239px
Why is this state so shit at sports?
>>
>>74481986

they just can't attract major players
>>
>>74481986

It's just large enough to have a large urban area justifying the presence of multiple franchises, and just small enough relative to the other, bigger states/urban areas, to not have the clout/money to put the right talent together. I am sure that someone else could offer details about Muh Front Offices, but I think that the above is a simpler explanation.

One distinction worth mentioning: there are almost no cities proper in the USA that have one team from all four big-four leagues playing within their city limits; exceptions are Detroit and like one other. But Minneapolis-St. Paul comes close: the NFL, NBA and MLB teams play within a few thousand feet of each other, near downtown Minneapolis, while the Wild play in downtown St. Paul. But this is hair-splitting, because for locals, the two cities are simply "the cities"; the one urban node of the state.
>>
Twins owner only cares about making money.
>>
>>74482177
Los Angeles now does.
>>
>>74482177
NYC, LA, Chicago, DC, Dallas, Philadelphia, Denver, Boston if you count the Pats, and SF if you count the San Jose Sharks all have major league teams in the each of the Big 4 plus MLS

There are more than you think

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_and_Canadian_cities_by_number_of_major_professional_sports_franchises
>>
Best team in the NHL this year
>>
File: 1444978953460.png (35KB, 316x358px) Image search: [Google]
1444978953460.png
35KB, 316x358px
Too small to attract major talent. Too big to be considered an underdog. The university is rifled with scandals. NFL has a prestigious history of chocking, no one cares about the NBA. The only sport [people care about is hockey and some jew owner took it away for 8 years.
>>
>>74483312
They have some decent output of nhl talent. But, how to get them all to play in Minnesota? You can't any more than other teams can. It's basically indistinguishable to talent. Players get evenly dispersed no matter where they come from.
>>
>>74481986
Sports are hard to play in 36 inches of snow.
>>
>>74482956
within the city limits senpai
patriots are in foxborough, sharks are in san jose and the warriors are in oakland for now, giants and jets are in new jersey, cowboys and rangers are in arlington, redskins are in maryland. The pistons play in some distant suburb but they'll be moving downtown next season

Philly, Denver, Minneapolis, and LA are all in the city limits. LA just for now, the new stadium won't be in the city limits

philly teams all are in the same parking lot a few miles from downtown
denver and minneapolis all near the downtown area, and detroit soon also
>>
>>74483472
oh forgot chicago, all play in the city limits but they are all quite far away from each other and from downtown other than soldier field.

there's also miami where the dolphins and panthers play in some suburb and phoenix where the cardinals and coyotes play in some suburb
>>
oh shit wait I didn't even read >>74482177
, wild don't even play in Minneapolis. Minneapolis can fuck off then

Denver is officially the undisputed GOAT. Detroit soon also
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.