[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do the other countries even stand a chance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 16

File: Sundby Krogh.jpg (909KB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
Sundby Krogh.jpg
909KB, 4608x3072px
Do the other countries even stand a chance?
>>
>>74470247
russia wins
>>
File: 1443545153256.jpg (65KB, 344x499px)
1443545153256.jpg
65KB, 344x499px
>>74470247
Do the other countries even care?
>>
Norgay stinks lmao
>>
File: ebin suomi.png (83KB, 1266x701px) Image search: [Google]
ebin suomi.png
83KB, 1266x701px
>>74470399
Nobody likes you, Finland. Go away.
>>
File: medals.png (32KB, 606x502px) Image search: [Google]
medals.png
32KB, 606x502px
>>74470399
your tears are delicious
>>
>finland falling behind

YES
>>
>>74470247
Poland will win the team ski jumping combination and there is nothing anyone can do about it
>>
Norway and Russia far ahead of the rest. So far, so good.
>>
Russian is catching up to Krogh
we're gonna lose this
>>
>>74470247
Krogh looks like a Turbo-Sami, I wonder if it's the Sami admixture that have made us this good at skiing. Petter Northug also have some.
>>
File: FinnH2_4.jpg (538KB, 700x1019px) Image search: [Google]
FinnH2_4.jpg
538KB, 700x1019px
>>74470648
>>74470662
Krogh is smarter than the Russian. Ustjugov is exploding himself.
>>
>>74470662
nah, its the doping
>>
These fucking track conditions
>>
>>74470247
Is this about cross-country skiing? This is literally running on skiers, the nigger of winter sports.
>>
File: 288386_large.jpg (312KB, 2048x1368px) Image search: [Google]
288386_large.jpg
312KB, 2048x1368px
>>74470666
Vik fra meg, Satan.

PRIS HERREN
R
I
S

H
E
R
R
E
N
>>
>>74470668
>t. butthurt

Just because you have a culture of doping, doesn't mean that everybody else do. Basically Finland can only win with doping.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce-by4Hi0Ls
>>
>>74470692
We had shitty doping culture, we got caught. Yours is far superior, only getting caught on inconsequential lip balm and not on "completely legal" asthma medicine abuse.
>>
Has there ever been an athlete from an odd country with barely any mountains/snow that made it to the top level?

Because every time I watch sports like cross counrty skiing, ski jump, biathlon it's always this >>74470415 bunch.
>>
>Norway and Russia fighting an epic battle for the gold
>Germany, Switzerland and our retarded brothers screwing around. trying to trick each other out of the bronze
>>
>>74470707
>t. butthurt

If we had a doping culture, we would have been busted a long time ago.

Dream on
>>
File: allmedals.png (85KB, 856x913px) Image search: [Google]
allmedals.png
85KB, 856x913px
>>74470712
medal table for all championships
>>
BTFO

Finland or Sweden for bronze?

Finnish /sp/ posters have been complete cancer in these threads so I say Sweden
>>
>>74470733
Note that the Spaniard was actually German
>>
>>74470733
right, silly me. But that confirms it for me.

Not sure what I was expecting, anyway.
>>
Well fought, Russia. I didn't expect it to be this close.
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FINLAND
>>
Fuck this gay Earth
>>
File: ௵.jpg (21KB, 372x260px) Image search: [Google]
௵.jpg
21KB, 372x260px
>Finland

Why did you do that, you fucking retard
>>
>>74470757
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHBAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PECKA FALLER
>>
>>74470757
Karma for all of your shitposting
>>
>>74470346
>the city of (you)
>>
File: oECt5eM.png (31KB, 339x294px) Image search: [Google]
oECt5eM.png
31KB, 339x294px
>>
>>74470733
20+ of the Finnish golds is probably doping, so Sweden nr. 2
>>
File: 1460648520539.gif (3MB, 300x177px) Image search: [Google]
1460648520539.gif
3MB, 300x177px
I'm not mad at all and no one even cares about skiing anyways
>>
>>74470668
t. mika
>>
>>74470785
It's Friday, time to saddle up your woman and get her to Club Swagga
>>
>>74470712
happens in x-games and other meme sports
>>
>>74470791
That sounds more like something you would do. And I don't have a gf so jokes on you
>>
>>74470803
Pecka, ta det lite lugnt. Ni kan ju alltid vara stolta över att ni inte fuskade denna gången och tog medal...
>>
File: Finn.jpg (123KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Finn.jpg
123KB, 1200x675px
Can't beat Finn in Finland.
>>
>>74470791
>this flag
>that post
>>
>>74470812
look at those samis
>>
All these butthurt norwegians diverting the attention from the most disgusting thing that happened in these games.
At least he didn't drag anyone else down with him, unlike certain crybaby.
>>
>>74470668
I think it has more to do with Norway having a bigger talent pool, bigger budget, bigger ski culture, better coaches, better technical team and that they train more.
>>
>>74470819
cry me a river
>>
>>74470819
I don't think Norwegians are the butthurt ones here.
>>
>>74470825
Don't forget superior genes, the finnish mongolgenes are not true snownigger tier.
>>
File: Hm.png (89KB, 1164x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Hm.png
89KB, 1164x1024px
What did Finland and Sweden mean by this?
>>
>>74470841
Better check those medals from finland, think they might be cheating... again...
>>
>in the turd place: Sweden!
>>
>>74470827
Sure looks like it.
>>
>>74470859
We have no reason to be butthurt. We just won gold.
>>
File: finn hågen.jpg (221KB, 1252x782px) Image search: [Google]
finn hågen.jpg
221KB, 1252x782px
based
>>
>>74470869
looks like his ancestors got KHAN'D
>>
>>74470835
we have sami and celtic admixture so i wouldn't say we're superior to the finns, but we're atleast better looking holy shit iivo is ugly
>>
>>74470835
>refering to yourself as a nigger
Are you even Germanic?

>>74470841
Is there any sport in the world that Sweden does not suck at? Just one?

Congratulations on winning whatever this is, Norway
>>
>>74470819
it was the finn's fault, the one who comes from behind is always at fault and also if it wasn't for the fall the finns would have finished 4th desu
>>
>>74470865
Says the guy who replies in one minute and claims not to be butthurt. Shame is a powerful feeling.
>>
>>74470877
GOAT bandy nation.
>>
>>74470897
Oh, apparently Russia is better...
>>
>>74470877
t. Muhammed Bin Hitler

Ever heard of Bandy?
>>
>>74470889
Actually Iversen was pretty spent, i think he would've finished 4th.
>>
>>74470906
possible, too bad iversen will get depressed and get fat again
>>
>>74470897
wat

>>74470903
No, honestly not.

Can't you just try to get better at real sports again?
>>
that was a great race, the russian team is terrifying. krogh with an amazing last leg, i thought for sure he would get caught
>>
>>74470938
Like football? We have approx 500.000 women and men over 15 playing and our league sucks. Can we get some jewish repmoney to build up a good youth academy?
>>
>>74470954
and the russians are missing lekov, belov, vyleg and some other great skiers. they're going to take it all in the pyongyang olympics next year
>>
>tfw Russians are banned because they would rekt everyone on 50km and take another triple victory
>>
>>74470974
Sweden used to be good at football. And handball. And decent at a variety of winter sports.

What happened?
>>
>>74470995
Hmmm, those sports have apparently been given less and less money over the years. While we are importing scientists and rocket engineers from the qualified countries in the world.

Nah, Think Swedens youth is more interested in computer games and what not.
>>
>>74471038
Very subtle, it almost feels like it isn't sarcasm.
>>
>>74470995
stopped subsidising rural towns
>>
>>74471038
>While we are importing scientists and rocket engineers from the qualified countries in the world
hm
>>
>>74470992
vyleg is done, legkov might bounce back if he's allowed to compete, belov is a weird one. smorebom next year and sweden wins it by magic.
>>
>>74470247
I did not watched(I FUCKING FORGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? i watched dull sprint in korea and forgot about realy) but 2 question:
1. is it the closest anyone(we) been to beat Norway in almost 10-15 years? final resault and assumptions before race(i uironically thought we could have a chance if the last etappe for Ustugove would not be -40 sec, but lets say -10 sec)
2. how good was our guys? every stage
>>
>>74470672
>the nigger of winter sports.
lol, skiing is whitest of sports and way whiter than moutnian skiing
>>
runet saying Chervotkin is lost only 17.7 to Sundby, that's good considering he is just from USA from junior wch and he is only 21 yo(just like me, wtf time so fast)
>>
>>74471437
Krogh had 17 seconds on Ustjugov before the last leg. It was really close, well fought. Norway and Russia were equally matched in the first two legs, far ahead of everyone else. Third leg was of course Sundby time, but your guy put up a fight. Last leg was Krogh fighting to not let Ustjugov catch up with him, and he barely managed to do so. Brilliant tactics by Krogh.
>>
>>74471508
>Last leg was Krogh fighting to not let Ustjugov catch up with him, and he barely managed to do so. Brilliant tactics by Krogh.
shipulin did so in biathln relay 2 weeks ago, i understand your feeling when you was hoping for krogh on last lap

...I hope for Korea
>>
>>74471534
You have no idea how tense it was. Suddenly, Ustjugov was just 8 seconds behind, and then Krogh picked up the pace, 11 seconds difference, Ustjugov looks tired, then Ustjugov attacks, Krogh barely keeps him from catching up... If Sundby had given Krogh two seconds less of a lead, it might have been a very different relay.

Meanwhile, it looked like Finland, Sweden and the other guys had just given up. It was clear even after the first lap that this was going to be Norway or Russia.
>>
>>74471569
If we had a full team(Legkov, Vylegzhanin, Belov, Bessmertnykh I think are on pair or little bit better than those who were today), I wonder we would win. If we managed not the have a gap with norway in the first 3 stages, then ustugov would have 60/40 chance to win his 10km race.

I can't rememebr we won relay last time, maybe not even in last 20 years. It was historical moment today.
>>
>>74471600
I think it might not have been so different. Mind you, the Norwegian strategy was to be equal the first two stages and then let Sundby give Krogh as big of a lead as possible. I don't think that strategy would have worked any better or worse against the other ones. Also, this is the first World Championship relay since 2005 without Northug on the last leg. Had he been on the team and in good form, it wouldn't have been necessary to have a lead before the last leg, even against Ustjugov.
>>
>>74471502
why didn't bolshunov run instaead of Chervotkin if they both competed at the jwc?
>>
>>74471647
idk, it's coaches' decision

>>74471645
>don't think that strategy would have worked any better or worse against the other ones.
Russian keyboard experts assuming Legov in a good day would go as good as Sundby

btw why Klaebo did not started? he looks very good this wchamps, new northug indeed

I don't follow skiing very closely, is he worse than Tonsenth or Durkhaug on classic part?
>>
>>74471715
both were much better at the 15k C
>>
>>74471715
Russian keyboard experts. Legkov wouldn't be anywhere near as good as Sundby. Klæbo is good, but not experienced enough for a relay.
>>
>>74471756
>Legkov wouldn't be anywhere near as good as Sundby.
but better than junior.
especially since this season began very good for Legkov, if i remember correctly, better than two previous
and he is always good in 10km relay parts
>>
>>74471756
>Legkov wouldn't be anywhere near as good as Sundby.

What do you mean with 'not anywhere near'? Even Chervotkin only lost 17 sec to Sundby. If Legkov/Vylegzhanin/Belov had been just 5-10 sec faster than Chervotkin, which isn't completely delusional, the outcome of this relay could have been totally different.
>>
>>74471834
I agree with you. Had the gap been say 10 seconds, Ustjugov would have gotten Krogh's back and probably won a duel. Probably because Krogh might have "long sprinted" him down still, but not likely.
>>
File: 4x10.png (379KB, 1455x1304px) Image search: [Google]
4x10.png
379KB, 1455x1304px
>>74471834
Chervotkin did a fantastic leg, not sure why people are acting like he let the Russian team down.
>>
R Y D Z E K
Y
D
Z
E
K
>>
GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK GOATZEK
>>
Silver medal outta nowhere, nice.
>>
germanwinslol
>>
>>74472299
germany even
>>
>>74472187
He didn't let Russia down.

But if you look at Norway's leg time placements it's clear that you need an outstanding performance to beat them. Russia missed at least 3 world class athletes who maybe could have delivered that performance.

I'm still impressed with Notz's performance. If Tscharnke and Dotzler had been healthy something better than a 6th place could have been possible.

Norway was also a bit lucky that Finland's and Sweden's classic skis were so bad. Hellner was incredible today.
>>
>>74472393
You can't just assume these suspended racers would do miracles due to past achievements though, that's like assuming Northug would've crushed Ustiugov if he was in good shape. Iversen, Holund and Klæbo were all missing, and have all won/been on the podium distance races this season, the Russians in turn, have not showed anything this season. Speculation like this is pretty pointless, Norway hasn't won the last nine world championship relays by lucking out.
>>
>Norwegian TV going on and on about the Russian guy supposedly preventing Krog from getting gold there
I can't tell if they're just doing it for the drama or if they're really such sore losers. It was pretty obvious Rydzek would've taken that regardless.
>>
>>74472456
>Norway hasn't won the last nine world championship relays by lucking out

Since 2007 Norway won every relay because of Northug. There's not a single exception. Today Northug wasn't starting. All I'm saying is that Norway was beatable today because of that fact. Russia had to compete with their "B-Team". I'm not saying that the A-Team would do miracles, but the chances of them doing a good job is probably not that low. And yes, I know it's all speculation and therefore pointless.

>>74472456
>the Russians in turn, have not showed anything this season

oh vey, I wonder why
>>
France with. So again in biathlon, don't you Nordicks get tired of getting cucked in your own sports by the French ? First rally, then biathlon and handball.
>>
File: WC.png (151KB, 1331x963px) Image search: [Google]
WC.png
151KB, 1331x963px
>>74472670
Sundby was not a part of the WCh relay team in 2013 and 2015, so the tactics were completely different back then. I'd say our team was easier to beat back then than now, but none of the teams managed to break away from Northug before the finish, so there's that. Our current squad is strong enough to have two relay teams fighting for gold at this point, both with great finishers.

We have eighth (8) skiers among the 15 best skiers in the distance cup this year. Klæbo, Northug and Gloersen are not among them, and could alone cancel out Belov, Legkov and Vylegzhanin.
>>
Play a real sport like hockey, Nordgays
>>
>>74475592
Also, many of these past world championships relay races developed in such a way because the Norwegian team knew from the very start that they had the strongest finisher in the world on the last leg. With that in mind there wasn't much of an incentive for the guys on the first three legs to try breaking away from the rest of the teams, risking hitting the wall and potentially losing a medal, when no other teams attacked. One can't simply say Norway would've lost without Northug on the team, as the races very likely would've ended up very different. In 2005 we won with a huge gap with Hofstad on last leg as we knew Teichmann was a strong(er) finisher. It was a similar race today. The team knew a big gap to Sergey was crucial as he could break away from Finn in the hills (like Sundby did to Chervotkin) if they were neck-and-neck at the start of the last leg.

Don't know why people consider Krogh such a weak link on the last few hundred metres though. As one of the best sprinters in the world, his finishing capabilities are world-class, and he's beaten Sergey on the 100m several times this season. If he had kept up with Sergey until the stadium there's no telling who would've won.
>>
>le doping fishsamis win again
nice sport
>>
>>74475592

is there an objective way in quantifying who has best performance in sprint and distance?
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.