[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to maximise La Liga's worldwide appeal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Spanish league logo.png (53KB, 600x663px) Image search: [Google]
Spanish league logo.png
53KB, 600x663px
Question towards non-Spanish association football fans that follow one or more foreign leagues that are not the Spanish league: what measures would you like the Spanish league to take so that it would increase the appeal of the product at hand (the Spanish first division) towards your liking? I came up with nine steps, but you can add any other that come to mind that you think the league is in dire need of adressing:

A) Full media coverage in English (game narrations, news, podcasts, post-match interviews, etc)
B) A more balanced distribution of TV rights revenue among the clubs
C) Injection of foreign investors' money in midtable clubs
D) More international players and managers (i.e., not from Spain or South America)
E) Earlier game schedules
F) Higher rate attendances, better fan atmosphere
G) Improvement of the refereeing; less leniency towards 'diving'
H) Introduction of US pro leagues format (draft, salary cap, playoffs, encouraging trades)
I) Renovated stadiums

I also made an online poll with the aforementioned nine ideas: http://www.strawpoll.me/12447976

Thank you in advance.
>>
Salary cap in spanish soccer would be hilarious to watch
>>
more evenly spread money
>>
File: Puerto_rico.jpg (69KB, 644x361px) Image search: [Google]
Puerto_rico.jpg
69KB, 644x361px
Less halal and barca REFBALL.
>>
They literally can't afford two extra refs lmao.
>>
A, B, and G
>>
LESS DIVING. Holy shit it's unbearable to watch. Every 3 minutes some little spic is rolling around on the floor because he got a tap on the ankle. Punish all diving and simulation with a booking.
>>
La Liga clubs are too tactical and are boring to watch desu.
>>
The clasicos need to be intense again.
And forget about league balance, I only watch it for the great teams.
>>
voted for the meme option
>>
More longballs and harder tackles, less of that gay passing shit
>>
>>74458013
>A) Full media coverage in English (game narrations, news, podcasts, post-match interviews, etc)

This already exists on British television at least
>>
>>74458243
You're crazy. The reason Serie A, bundesliga and la liga aren't more popular is because of the English language. We have the English language so if you don't speak German then you cannot watch the Bundesliga because of the English language means it's not popular because I don't speak German I cannot watch the Bundesliga, it is impossible I must speak German, we are lucky. English.
>>
I voted for the BFG

I like it a lot since Atletico and Sevilla became real contenders and I hope they can maintain this pressure on the big two for a while yet. It would be even nicer if a couple more teams approached that level
>>
Interesting replies so far, especially: >>74458074 >>74458060
>>
>>74458013
you need:
>better presentation: better crests, stadiums and kits, half of them look like third world shit
>better scheduling: don't spread the games so much, ppl like to enjoy life outside football
>aftergame ref review to apply punishments for aggressions, dives, unseen fouls, etc
>invest in international promotion: I doubt all those oldfags at the rfef have any clue about this or are willing to spend a cent on it
>full transparency for calendar draws and ref assignment
>apply technology to refereeing (goal tech, offsides, replays, etc)
>>
>>74458013
spanish league is good but for cultural reasons, they suffer from lack of competitivity in the matches of one of the best teams. Meaning when the league is on the line, everybody is against Real Madrid. Two consequences:
- They all play like in a final against Real Madrid (which is good, matches are interesting)
- They play like in an exibition match against the rival. The match loses interest, becomes boring, there's no real competition
That's bad for the league not only because the sporting values are thrown out the window but also because of the big matches on offer, every single week, one is interesting, the other is poor.

e.g. Real Madrid - Las Palmas vs Barcelona - Gijon
>>
>B) A more balanced distribution of TV rights revenue among the clubs
I thought this was happening anyway

>E) Earlier game schedules
Pointless, no need to compete with EPL on timeslot as well
>>
>>74458013
>A) Full media coverage in English (game narrations, news, podcasts, post-match interviews, etc)
this pretty much already happens, but its pretty ridiculous how long it them(and Bundesliga and Seriea A) to do it
irrelevant desu. it might stop the gap from getting bigger but you'd still have 2 teams with 500 million+ a year and the rest
>C) Injection of foreign investors' money in midtable clubs
only real solution
>D) More international players and managers (i.e., not from Spain or South America)
wgaf about the manager? also there are enough foreign players even if you dont count SA
europe doesnt give a fuck, maybe if you want china or something
>F) Higher rate attendances, better fan atmosphere
I mean away fans barely exist in spain and theres not really anything that can be done about the atmosphere. maybe plastic flags lmao
>G) Improvement of the refereeing; less leniency towards 'diving'
spanish refs arent really good but you cant really do anything about it.
>H) Introduction of US pro leagues format (draft, salary cap, playoffs, encouraging trades)
lol
>I) Renovated stadiums
to sit empty? lol
>>
>>74458013
this is a take it or leave it situation. they have the best clubs, the best players and the matches are exciting enough. if you don't like "the atmosphere" or the stadiums are not new enough, or the giants are too big, then don't watch. watch the premier.

>H) Introduction of US pro leagues format (draft, salary cap, playoffs, encouraging trades)
pure cancer. the day that happens in Europe is the day football dies.
>>
>>74458060
>too tactical
Pleb much?
>>
>>74458557
>I thought this was happening anyway
It's fairer but it doesn't come near to the PL.
>>
File: b8.gif (3MB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
b8.gif
3MB, 500x207px
>>
>>74458013
Don't care.

Is crucial. Having one player earning more in a week than an entire team, while playing in the same league is a fucking joke.

>C) Injection of foreign investors' money in midtable clubs
Would help a lot too. Although looking at Valencia, foreign investors can be cancer too.

>D) More international players and managers (i.e., not from Spain or South America)
A tiny bit more but it's looking alright now too. Should be given with more money.

Don't care.

>F) Higher rate attendances, better fan atmosphere
Is crucial too. Watching home games at smaller clubs with half empty stadiums is fucking depressing. Spanish fans generally got lazy as fuck in the last decade or so.

>G) Improvement of the refereeing; less leniency towards 'diving'
Mhmm, would help too although ref quality is inconsistent around the world. Also goal line technology for fucks sake.

Fuck that shit.

>I) Renovated stadiums
Mhmm, would be nice too.

One thing missing is the attitude of the teams, many lower sides basically turn up expecting to get raped, which happens a lot less frequently in EPLel. Also seems like most teams outside of the big two get ignored by most media.
>>
>>74458013
I can't stand mid day la liga games. Feels wrong.
>>
Stop posting on 4chan, Tebas. Modern football is already bad enough.
>>
File: laliga.gif (3MB, 540x290px) Image search: [Google]
laliga.gif
3MB, 540x290px
This is not fun to watch
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.