[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>US roster does not contain most if any of our best players

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: fgy6ZPT.png (122KB, 819x625px) Image search: [Google]
fgy6ZPT.png
122KB, 819x625px
>US roster does not contain most if any of our best players
>Korea lost two games to NPB teams
>Japan lost to a Taiwanese all-star team
>MLB players pulling out left and right

Who's ready for the WBC?
>>
>>74432818
Can't imagine why any MLB player would want to play in this and risk getting hurt right before the beginning of the season.
>>
>>74432960
To play for their country?
Patriotism?
Something the players who stick around have and you don't?
>>
the fact that any team can win is what makes it good

>>74432960
>implying the chance of injury is any greater than in spring training
>>
>>74432981
>He fell for the Patriotism meme
>>
>>74432818
I'm excited to root for Italia again.
>>
>>74432981
>Patriotism

They should risk tens of millions of dollars to play in a tournament that nobody in your own country cares about.....why? To stick it to the Cubans and Japs who actually watch?
>>
>>74434405
>implying the chance of injury is any greater than in spring training
>>
>>74434599
you get paid to go to spring training though, it's a function of your actual job as an MLB player

the WBC is just a chance to get injured trying to win something that no one cares about
>>
>>74434627
no you don't and no it isn't, you're getting paid to produce in the majors, no one gives a fuck if mike trout takes almost every game off in spring training, or goes 0-30 in spring training

and you literally don't get paid your regular salary either, so all minor leaguers and any pre arb and arb players don't get paid at all other than meal money for spring training
>>
>>74432960
are injuries common in baseball or is it a meme?
>>
didn't our island niggers win this recently? funny because literally nobody cares about baseball here, eventhough I believe there are some 'dutch' player in the mlb
>>
>>74434672
actually I assume contracts only pay during the MLB season also, so basically no one gets paid for spring training

>>74434690
common for pitchers

less common for position players, serious injuries at least

>>74434723
4th place, same best finish as USA. All your best players are from curacao, but netherlands does have the best league and players in mainland europe, so some people care, faggot
>>
>>74434739
I have literally never, ever heard anyone talk about baseball.

Football, ice skating, field hockey, swimming, cycling, track and volleyball are more popular.
>>
>>74432818
The rules for playing for a country are very loose as well. There's some guy on the Mets who's mom was from Italy, so he is playing for them, cause he has no chance of making the USA roster, the country he was born and raised in.
>>
>>74435199
It's like that in every sport, as far as I know.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.