[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what exactly is the nfl franchise tag? does player receive a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0256.jpg (192KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0256.jpg
192KB, 750x1334px
what exactly is the nfl franchise tag?

does player receive a fixed amount of money? can it be used on players who were previously tagged?

nfl law bros plz respond
>>
I didn't read your shit, post more of that slut though
>>
give me that snapchat pls
>>
>>74421579
>>74421652
stay on topic pls
>>
>203 second story

fuckin dropped la
>>
>>74421537
A player receivers the average of the top 5 paid in his position. So instead of a rookie contract expiring and he wants 4 years, 100 million. You can tag him for say $20million, 1 year. Either he signs it or walks. People can be re-franchised. Its why Jimmy Graham was such a big argument some years ago, cause a franchise tag for a TE was rather low, and his argument was he is a WR, with much higher average pay.
>>
>>74421717
this

stories longer than 30 seconds don't get viewed ever.
>>
>>74421723
>Either he signs it or walks
wrong

>>74421537
There are two franchise tags, exclusive and non exclusive.

The exclusive tag prevents the player from negotiating with other teams. The salary is one year, 100% guaranteed, based on the (i believe) average top 3 salaries at the position.

The non exclusive tag allows the player to negotiate with other teams and potentially sign elsewhere. However, if the player signs elsewhere, the team that tagged him MUST RECEIVE 2 (two) first round picks, regardless of other contract details. Very steep price outside of QB.

Once a team tags a player with either one, they have until july 15 to negotiate a long term salary. If they dont, the tag becomes fully guaranteed on that date.

Also, a player is not required to sign a franchise tender. He could ignore it and hold out. However, if he holds out past the end of free agency, he gets the tag salary anyway, regardless of ANY other factors, including holding out.

If the player signs it almost immediately (kirk cousins), then non of the other stuff applies, its like a normal contract.

>can it be used on players who were previously tagged
yes, under specific guidelines. If a player has been tagged in ANY previous year (it does not matter if it was last season or ten seasons ago), then the salary calculations are different. They get EITHER:
a) their previous tag salary x 1.25, or the current EXCLUSIVE franchise salary x1.25, whichever is greater.

A good example of this is Drew Brees, who has already been tagged twice. Tagging hime a third time would be something like 34M dollars.
>>
>>74421537
give me that snapchat pls
>>
>>74421537
who dat grill
>>
>>74421537

WHO
H
O
>>
>>74422662
>>74423085
>>74423180
this
>>
>>74421537

moar
>>
more tits please
>>
>franchise tag

aka

le im not gonna pay you multiple years option
>>
>>74425257
In this case it's gives to steelers the ability to keep Brown and Bell without blowing the entire cap. Look for Bell to get his multi year deal next season
>>
>>74424498
is this her?
>>
>>74421537
tiddies
>>
>>74424498
thanks im gonna cum now
>>
>>74425997
No, that's Lindsey Pelas ya goof.
>>
>>74425975
its the "avoid" big contracts move

its main purpose is to avoid commitment beyond one year

see cousins
>>
>>74421717
>>74422104

what the everloving fuck is a story
>>
>>74421537
A team CAN apply their one tag a year to the same player. However, if they're gonna do that, it's probably cheaper to negotiate a long-term deal since they have to pay a premium for one year on the tag.
>>
>>74427388
the premium is based on average player position

see the jimmy case. saints weren't going to commit long term for a system te. they took it to the extreme by not paying wr money
>>
>>74421537
In spite of your pointless drivel, those tits really caught my attention.
Well played, OP.
>>
>>74427259
Snapchat story

It's normie bullshit
>>
>>74424498
>>74421537
Nice
Hi Mar
>>
>>74421537
I have no idea but I want to put a franchise tag on those titties
>>
>>74421537
TITTÄN!!!!!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.