[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which sport is superior?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12

File: NHL-v-NBA-350x244.jpg (20KB, 350x244px) Image search: [Google]
NHL-v-NBA-350x244.jpg
20KB, 350x244px
which sport is superior?
>>
Furpuck
>>
NHL by far
>>
>>74401430
being 7'0 is not a skill
>>
hockey
>>
>>74401430
at this point the nhl is
>>
>>74401614
being 7' and mobile is
>>
My wife's son would say NBA but I'm hotkey all the way
>>
NBA has gone soft, just a bunch of divas.

NHL puts hair on my chest.
>>
>used to like the NBA
>hate it now mainly because of the warriors, at least before there was at least a little chance of parity
>also how obsessed with social media drama the league and fans are

>didn't grow up with hockey
>tried to watch it and turn in off in a few minutes cause I don't know any players, rules, nothing

>MLB team sucks so i don't watch baseball much

>NFL team sucks but i still watch a ton of NFL games
>>
>Be LelBron
>able to trash teammates on Twitter
>trash teammates in interviews
>Flop whenever I get touched

>Be Draymond Green
>Chimp out when I get called for a fowl

>Be Carmello Anthony
>Pad my own stats my whole career
>Don't win shit but ESPN still rates me.

NHL is superior at the moment.
>>
File: 1487911511880.jpg (62KB, 573x590px) Image search: [Google]
1487911511880.jpg
62KB, 573x590px
DUDE THREES LMAO
>>
why are there some canadians who prefer NBA to NHL?
>>
>>74404158
The Raptors play better than the Leafs.
>>
>>74404342
faggot

the Leafs are one of the most prestigious hockey teams in the world, the Craptors are an embarrassment

fucking neck yourself
>>
>>74404407
Prestige isn't worth anything in the present. There is no reason to cling to the past.
>>
>>74401430
>which sport
>posts pic that compares leagues

wut?

It's hockey though.
>>
>>74402026
That's funny, because the NHL has gone soft as well.
>>
>>74404342
I'm curious. I know the Raptors originally had a dinosaur logo, but what does everyone picture when they think of the Raptors: a dinosaur or a bird of prey? The latter to me seems like a way more bad ass team name, while the former is cheesy garbage.
>>
Apehoop > Furpuck

Hockey is more respectable than divegrass but still has a boring vanilla feel to it, I would need to be drunk to watch it.
>>
NHL by far. I love basketball but the NBA is rigged.
>>
>>74404812
>I would need to be drunk to watch it

As opposed to being stupid enough to watch nigger pumpkin toss? Literally the least exciting of sports because the best plays happen every minute, making them meaningless.
>>
NHL >>> NBA

Even with Bettman trying to ruin hockey, it's still way better than a league of 30 teams with only 3 championships contenders year after year.
>>
>Furpuck
>BOSTON AND CHICAGO WINS LOL

>Basketball
>competition is fierce
>anyone has a chance to win it all
>inclusive
>>
>A sport for white people vs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXHwIrEpeSQ

Hockey.
>>
Do you see more hockey threads or NBA threads?

There's your answer.
>>
>>74401443
>>74401457
>>74401614
>>74401636
>>74401640

these
>>
>>74405189
>inclusive
>only 0.01% of the world's population have the genetics necessary to play it competitively
>>
Hockey. Even Nascar is more exciting then floorsqweek.
>>
Hockey, not even hard to decide.
>>
I prefer NBA but they're both pretty entertaining.
>>
>>74401430
NHL

basket ball is a sport you're supposed to grow out of
>>
>>74406214
Because hockey fans are out working hard at their jobs making lots of money and being productive members of society. On the other hand, apehoop fans stare slack-jawed at their computer screens all day while drooling over the new pair of Jordan™ shoes that they can't afford.
>>
>>74406637
pretty sure that was bait
>>
basketball is by far the worst of the big four

which is saying something because gridiron football is also a big 4 sport
>>
>>74401430
>Furpuck
>>
>>74401430
NBA but just if you dissolve the warriors
>>
Cuckhoop is the only sport that has a "viable" women's league. That should tell you something.
>>
I enjoy watching basketball with my wife's son, we really don't watch hockey that much.
>>
Furpuck is nothing but wannabe /pol/ posters
Plus the best furpuck playing country is the country that also has a fucking leaf on their flag
That should tell you something
>>
File: bertuzzi.gif (457KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
bertuzzi.gif
457KB, 250x188px
>>74401430
the one thats actually a sport that requires skill
>>
>>74401430
>"sport" requiring a shit ton of equipment, including specialized sticks, padding, skates, nets, and a giant arena made of ice

vs.

>sport requiring only a ball and a hoop

I mean really, how can you even call it a sport if it requires so much specialized equipment and things to even play? A sport should be a competition between athletes, using the bare minimum of set up and tools to play. Hockey is a game, not a sport, as the things it requires are specialized skills and equipment, not athleticism
>>
>nba
>some people watch it
>nhl
>literally no one watches it
guess that settles it
>>
>enjoying a sport with the most niggers per capita where each team is individually capable of obtaining more than 100 points within an hour timeframe
Literally what is the appeal of apehoop?
>>
>>74412957
is being tall an sport?
>>
>>74413164
Do black people trigger you that much
>>
File: IMG_0358.jpg (67KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0358.jpg
67KB, 426x426px
>>74405189
>Boston wins

Listen here you cunt
>>
>>74401430

>basketball fans too busy enjoying their sport.
Hockey fans in here defending their sport

KEK
>>
>>74413164
I can't tell whats happening most of the time in hockey

is hockey one of those sports you have to play to have a greater appreciation for?
>>
NBA: relevant
NHL: irrelevant

That was tough.
>>
>>74401430
NBA circa 2011 was fucking god-tier; OKC before the Harden trade....they were so fun to watch
right now, NHL by far
>>
Basketball just needs to toughen up. Put a little contact in that sport.
>>
>>74414506
Just go see a game live.

Even if you hate white people, it's an amazing live event.
>>
I'm not into brain washed white people hitting a turd with a stick.
>>
>>74402073
nigga you think there was parity back in the day? warriors arent nearly as dominant as the 80s celtics or 90s bulls
>>
>>74402073
>parity
There has never been parity in the NBA in any point of history. Maybe the 00s and that's pushing it hard.
>>
>>74401430
nba
>>
>>74408827
if you're working 7pm to 1am you are an absolute loser
>>
>>74415405
>he doesnt work those times to put himself through school
like he said. slack jawed faggots
>>
>>74404158
Canada has a sizable amount of shitskins
>>
Post the picture of the basketball player crying and needing to be CARRIED off the court because he got a leg cramp and it's compared to the picture of the hockey player who had a heart attack on the ice and the second he got revived he demanded to be put back into the game.
>>
>>74406214
>>74408827
Actually I see more hockey threads.
>>
>it's another hockey fans talking shit about basketball thread

What the hell is wrong with you guys? What is with this inferiority complex you guys have, why can't you guys just enjoy your sport? Why do you have to constantly remind everyone how much you love your sport and how it's so much better than basketball - specifically. Your sport will NEVER be more popular than basketball because its really impractical. You got to have ice and all this special gear to play it. There's a reason you guys HAVE TO come online to find other hockey fans, meanwhile us basketball fans are out at restaurants or bars enjoying the game with a bunch of other patrons.

Also I like hockey the sport but it has by far the most insufferable fans I have ever seen, and that's impressive when you consider how fucking awful soccer fans are.

Pic related.
>>
File: BBALLZ.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
BBALLZ.webm
3MB, 720x480px
Basketball is way tougher than hockey.
>>
>>74415673
>having to come online to find hockey fans
top fucking kek. were you serious when you wrote this shit or what
>>
>>74415686

Hahahahaha! little whiteboi got [triggered] because he knows it's true!!
>>
>>74415685
those day are over son. where do u see shit like that happening anymore
but lol@childs punching kobe in his face
>>
>>74415697
feel sorry for u if u really live in an area with zero hockey fans. try getting out more man its good for u
>>
NHL by a mile. Less drama queens and gangbanders, more skill, more white people, and especially more parity. Right now I can already tell you that there's almost 100% chance the NBA Finals will be the Cavs against the Warriors. In the NHL a #8 seed can beat a #1 seed and it wouldn't be even that surprising.
>>
Ask any major city what they would rather have an NHL team or an NBA team.

I think that will answer your questions. I bet even in Canada people would rather have the NBA team.
>>
>>74414506
yeah it's p fast-paced (and can be very unpredictable)
I recommend you watch one of the NBC Sunday afternoon games (or Wednesday night rival games on NBC Sports), they usually have good matchups and color commentators that spoonfeed you the rules
>>
>>74415735
how do you talk to a major city?
>>
>>74415735
>any major city
Detoilet doesn't need any more disappointment
>>
>>74415375

70s, that about it
>>
>>74415685
Decent bait I'm not sure why it's not getting more yous.

Have one on the house
>>
>>74415744

Mayor + City Council + Investors
>>
>>74415735
It depends on demographics. Obviously cities like Atlanta or New Orleans prefer NBA, but I seriously doubt a city like Pittsburgh would give up the Penguins to get a NBA team.
>>
>>74415807
they'd prefer a second NHL team tbqh
>>
>>74401430
Depends. Are you white, or black?
>>
>>74415842
Whites are much better at basketball than blacks are at hockey. Advantage whites.
>>
>>74415807
>>74415807
>Pittsburgh

They had an ABA team but bball wasn't that popular back then so they lost it.
>>
>>74415842

There's so many good white players in basketball. This is a pretty stale meme.
>>
>>74415857
the sample size is too small; black athletes are pushed toward sports where they won't have fucking bananas thrown at them from the audience; you could argue that, if a high school funneled its talent toward hockey and no other sport, the black athletes might be fucking phenomenal
>>
>>74415880
>bananas thrown at them
This maybe happens in Russia but rarely in the US or Canada. Also blacks are generally shitty skaters for the same reason they're shitty swimmers - low bone density.
>>
File: Broke Niggaz.jpg (98KB, 1276x272px) Image search: [Google]
Broke Niggaz.jpg
98KB, 1276x272px
Uuhhhhh....puckfags???
>>
>>74415905
it happened a few years ago f.am
>>
>>74415924
people make the same argument about NFL players vs NBA players
NBA is especially lucrative because roster sizes are so small (as opposed to the 60-man NFL rosters, for example), so the players can earn way more money.
>>
>>74415983
>>
>>74414599
>nigga you think there was parity back in the day? warriors arent nearly as dominant as the 80s celtics or 90s bulls

Bulls beat 5 different teams for 6 rings.

That's better than Muh Warriors/Muh Cavs every year.

Maybe not parity, but better.
>>
Mfw puckerfags just want us to notice them
>>
>>74415776
Yeah I don't think Minneapolis is going to agree with that.
>>
File: poorfags.jpg (114KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
poorfags.jpg
114KB, 564x423px
>>74415924
>Only 30.9 mil salary
lmao poorfag gtfo
>>
NHL for sure.
>>
>>74401430
I can tell you with great certainty GSW and the Cavs are going to the finals

The same can't be said about the nhl
>>
>>74401430
NBA is for boys, NHL is for men
>>
>>74404652
To protect players from injury
>>
>>74405104
This is mostly why hockey is better
>>
>>74415924
>Shea Weber makes more than Kane, Crosby and Ovi
What the hell
>>
>>74405189
It's the complete opposite
>>
>>74416704
Defensemen are in higher demand
>>
>>74415685
lol nice
>>
>>74415723

Basketball is way more difficult and a lot more complex than Hockey. It takes years to develop the right chemistry and talent in order to just compete for a title shot. That's the reason you see the same treams in the finals every year because it's hard as fuck to get there - everything has to be perfect and only the BEST teams make it, you dont get in by luck because your opponent had a bad night. You actually have to prove your better by beating them in a best of 7.

There's so many NBA hall of famers who never won a title, Steve Nash, 2x MVP, NEVER even made it to Finals. That's how hard it is.
>>
File: 1487686246213m.jpg (103KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487686246213m.jpg
103KB, 1024x1024px
>hockey fans come out vehemently to defend thier sport
>basketball fans stay in the /nba/ thread and continue Shitposting as usual

Top kek.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.