[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WBC thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: 1483595171945.png (314KB, 1920x1109px)
1483595171945.png
314KB, 1920x1109px
USA is 10-10 all time in the WBC, with losses coming to 7 different countries (Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Japan, Korea), best finish is 4th place

one more week until we once again take the baseball world by storm
>>
File: wbc record.png (33KB, 388x592px) Image search: [Google]
wbc record.png
33KB, 388x592px
A moment of silence for worst korea, they've tried so hard and gone so far only to be nankinged by the japs twice and by run differential the third time
>>
and here I have an analysis of the USA roster by 2016 fWAR rankings among american players. only included are top 30 pitchers, top 10 IF and top 20 OF

SP: 17th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 28th
RP: 1st, 9th, 22nd, 26th
C: 1st, 2nd
1B: 2nd, 5th
2B: 2nd, 3rd
3B: 5th
SS: 2nd
OF: 8th

compared to the 2006 USA team with their 2005 rankings

SP: 1st, 4th, 7th
RP: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 10th, 17th, 19th
C: 1st, 3rd, 5th
1B: 1st, 2nd
2B: 1st
3B: 1st, 5th
SS: 1st, 2nd
OF: 5th, 17th, 18th, 19th

A team as good as any all-star team, they finished a cool 8th place
>>
>>74393594
How is the coverage of WBC on TV? Are all game televised?
>>
>>74393594
bro's does the USA really get blown out by other countries in this?

some thread was saying USA loses at this and it just cant be true
>>
>>74393686
I think all games are televised but on MLB network, a cable channel that no one watches. It was on espn for the first couple editions, but espn couldn't give a fuck about baseball anymore

some games are at the same time though so maybe not all games, I think any games not live will be shown on delay.

half the games are in japan/korea also which are at like 4am here.

>>74393701
it's true senpai, we don't send the best players except in 2006 as seen >>74393634, but even the 2nd tier players we send should still be the best team out there, with only the dominicans being able to match up on paper, but they still suck. I think it's just that no matter who we send the players just don't care like the players on the asian and latin teams do, faggot americans treat it as exhibition
>>
>Italy is still 90% new jersey guidos
meh, i'll watch when we have an actual NT
>>
>>74393719
Ah OK, even if it's on MLB network, there will be links on streaming sites. So should be good to go.
>>
>>74393720
italian calling wops from jersey guidos
you deserve a fucking medal you noble descendant of rome
>>
File: wbc results.png (35KB, 742x346px) Image search: [Google]
wbc results.png
35KB, 742x346px
>>74393737
yeah streams shouldn't be an issue. mlbstreams on >reddit should have you covered, we'll surely have gamethreads here also with links

I hope we have gamethreads anyway, at worst there will be me and a few other faggots in /mlb/ watching
>>
>>74393634
When America sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're bringing scrubs. They're chokers. And some, I assume, are good players.
>>
Holding the event in 4 different countries and 3 different continents is pretty retarded. I guess they've given up on the WBC being a proper event.
>>
>>74393719
>americans treat it as exhibition
Because it is, players are barely in spring training and now they have deal with playing this stupid tournament. Manfred should stop being a useless sack of shit and abolish this tournament.
>>
>japan doesn't have their best player
>american players are not going
this tourny is already setting up to be a disaster.
just stick to Olympics.
>>
>>74396367
>being this unpatriotic
Off yourself you fucking pathetic excuse for an American
>>
>>74396597
Olympics would require MLB teams to give up their best players during the season
It's obviously not going to work
Plus MLB won't get any money out of it
>>
>>74397070
The NHL has done it since 98.
probably won't do it again though.
International sports are starting to become a drag.
>>
>>74393594
Israel?!
>>
>>74397040
nah, I'll be watching my team's spring training games while most baseball fans rightfully ignore this tournament :^)
>>
>>74397109
Furpuck was more desperate
Although less Americans watched furpuck's attempt at their own WBC
>>
>>74397191
At least have the decency to renounce your American citizenship
>>
>>74397121
Only 1 player from Israel
Another guy with recent Israeli ancestry

>>74393720
Could be worse
Great Britain had nearly nothing but players from the Bahamas
>>
Can't wait to lose
>>
>>74393594
Is Japan not going to just destroy everyone in that Pool B? Besides Cuba I guess.
>>
>>74406767
Japan is kind of shit desu, still should get through the group easily, australia and china are 2 worst teams in the tournament and cuba is bottom half also

but I wouldn't be that surprised if they lose to australia or cuba either, most of Japan's roster is AAA tier
>>
>>74393594
>Israel partecipating with two countries
it's not fair
>>
>no ohtani
>shit manager
>>
>>74406767
Cuba went 1-1 against Taiwan, lost to a Taiwanese team, then lost twice to South Korea
It's still spring training but I wouldn't expect much from them this time around

>>74408805
We supply you most of your players
>>
>>74409143
then it's pointless to call it "World Baseball cup"
>>
>>74410022
That's not the name

But anyways it's hard to get 16 countries to play in it if we don't prop up some teams with some talent
All of the Dutch players come from 1 small island in the Caribbean
>>
Is A-Gon playing for Mexico?
>>
>>74410169
nah man there are 13 players from mainland netherlands on the team, so a good number, more than there are Italians on Italy. curacao is part of the netherlands anyway

>>74410330
yeah, only MLB hitter on the team since khris davis pulled out
>>
>>74396597
>>74408886
Ohtani is not the only watchable player on Japan.
>>
>>74410649
yes the other ones are Darvish, Tanaka, Maeda, Iwakuma, and Ichiro
none of whom are playing
>>
me watching baseball:
*zzzzzzzzzzzzz*
>>
>>74410503
Curacao has their own national team too though
It's basically if we forced all of the good players from Puerto Rico on our team
>>
>>74411157
You're just jealous you didn't even get invited to the qualifers but Brazil did
>>
>>74411001
>not watching Fujinami put down batters with wicked sliders
>not watching Nakata slug homers into upper decks
>not watching best-hair shortstop lace doubles into outfield gaps
Pleb taste confirmed.
>>
File: 6BF.gif (2KB, 36x41px) Image search: [Google]
6BF.gif
2KB, 36x41px
>>74411201
>>
>>74411239
please at least name their better players. nakata has no business in their lineup and he'll probably be hitting in the middle of the order like usual for some fucking reason. They'll probably have some shitter like kikuchi who's good at bunting hitting 2nd also, japs are fucking retards. they've won the thing twice though so I guess I can't really say anything

sugano and senga were the best non otani pitchers last season. yamada and tsutsugo are their best hitters
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.