[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the dumb jock stereotype true? Are athletes really dumb?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

Is the dumb jock stereotype true? Are athletes really dumb?
>>
Some people are intelligent and some people are not that intelligent
>>
>>74340160
Nba and nfl players for sure
>>
>>74340160
Depends on the position for NFL. Most QBs are at least average IQ. Offensive line are all really smart. Defensive players and WR are usually dumb as fuck.
>>
>>74340160
> being this much of a chad but you cant get a decent hair cut
>>
>>74340160
Not at all. Most athletes at college and the HS level have better grades than normal students.
>>
Yes that's why they need coaches
>>
Aren't all American players forced to spend at least one whole year at a university before being eligible for the drafts of the NFL and NBA?
>>
>>74340249
Only NBA. NFL you need 4 years of college
>>
>>74340249
You just have to be one year removed from HS for the NBA. Two years for NFL. You dont have to go to college at all.

>>74340264
wrong. Guys leave school early all the time for the NFL
>>
>>74340249
yeah but if they show any promise of making it at the next level they are not really expected to do anything academically
>>
>>74340249
just take a couple wild guesses as to how their time is spent while on campus.
>>
>>74340160

Well that's certainly the stereotype. The stereotype of someone who uses this website is a fat, greasy virgin who is unemployed and lives with his parents. I mean that should tell you all you need to know about stereotypes. Really makes you think.
>>
>>74340160
there are plenty of athletes competing in the ivy league and plenty who are smart enough to realize they arent going to make it to the big leagues and use the scholarship to forward their lives while enjoying their sport.
>>
>>74340340
100% true than
>>
>>74340340
joke's on you, I'm not fat
>>
>>74340221
>grades
>>
The kids who did the niche sports were typically the most diligent students in my experience
>>
>>74340382
ivy's don't give athletic schollies m8
>>
NBA and NFL players are literally some of the dumbest people on earth. Just listen to guys like LeBron James, who are considered some of the smarter ones, talk about current events or social issues and they have no fucking idea what they're talking about but are just repeating something someone told them.
>>
>>74340510
t. """I'm smart but lazy""" jackass
>>
>>74341543
I noticed this aswell.
>>
I'm not american but the football (soccer) team I play in is full of normies and they're all dumb as fuck.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.