[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The 17-Year-Old Girl Who Struck Out Babe Ruth And Lou Gehrig

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

How do sexists and baseball fans justify this?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lindseyadler/the-story-of-the-17-year-old-girl-who-struck-out-babe-ruth-a?utm_term=.leYq0aybV1#.qvnqMaxkQB
>>
(((Buzzfeed)))
>>
>>74332629
Wow, really makes you think
>>
>>74332643
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/videos/category/history/the-girl-who-struck-out-babe-ruth/

a 17 year old girl struck out two of the greatest batters in the history of the game

what kind of a sport is that
>>
>>74332629
It's not like it was a joke, or anything. Two of the greatest players ever, being pitched to by a tiny teenage girl. They definitely wouldn't ham it up for the cameras. And I bet the girl didn't represent a soap company either.

She was just superior, right?
>>
>Women were not formally banned from the MLB until 1952

lol
>>
>1 example
>forget the whole sporting gamut which proves again and again that men are better than women at sport
oh, and buzzfeed
>>
>The Lookouts’ president, Joe Engel, clearly signed Mitchell to attract publicity and sell tickets, both of which he achieved. And some news reports on the game hinted at a less than sincere effort by Ruth and Gehrig. Of Ruth’s at bat, the New York Times wrote that he “performed his role very ably” by striking out before the delighted Chattanooga crowd, while Gehrig “took three hefty swings as his contribution to the occasion.” Also, the game was originally scheduled for April 1 and delayed a day because of rain, leading to speculation that Engel had plotted Mitchell’s outing as an April Fools’ Day prank.

>Third baseman Ben Chapman, who was due to bat when Mitchell was pulled from the mound, said he “had no intention of striking out. I planned to hit the ball.” But he suspected Ruth and Gehrig agreed between themselves to strike out. “It was a good promotion, a good show,” he said. “It really packed the house.”

Sideshow freak.
>>
>>74332629
>implying they even tried
>>
>>74333443
yeah right
baseball requires so little skill that the two best batters in the history of the game got BTFO by a 17 year old girl
>>
File: large annoyed pepe.jpg (50KB, 1106x553px) Image search: [Google]
large annoyed pepe.jpg
50KB, 1106x553px
> people actually think either of those guys were trying.

Babe was probably drunk and Lou obviously wasnt trying after it said he swung and 3 straight pitches.
>>
>>74332629
Baseball was practically professional wrestling back in those days, that was probably the only real pitches Babe Ruth saw that entire season.
>>
>>74332629
Did they actually confirm that player's sex?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.