[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Late 90's Football Nostalgia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6775.jpg (560KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6775.jpg
560KB, 1200x1600px
Why was football so superior in the late 90's /sp/?

Can the beautiful game ever become as beautiful again?
>>
we need portsmouth to rise again
>>
File: 4730.jpg (34KB, 302x515px)
4730.jpg
34KB, 302x515px
>>74272230
Wimbledon, Charlton Athletic and Coventry should all be returned to their rightful place.
>>
File: 177.jpg (161KB, 600x746px)
177.jpg
161KB, 600x746px
>merlin
>not having the superior panini
>>
>>74272296
>tfw watching Italian football on Channel 5
>Fiorentina will never be good again
>Roma will never be good again
>Lazio will never be good again
>>
>>74272213
That arsenal badge brings back some hardcore nostalgia.

Think I got the shiny. I'm a spurs fan as well
>>
>>74272213
Literally the only one I ever completed.

Panini a shit
>>
>Coventry are about to be relegated to League 2
They're really hopeless. Every time I've seen them in the past year they've been trash. At least we get Wembley before we die.
>>
Pompey wasn't pitied back then =(
>>
>>74272213
Most teams had at most 3 international stars and the limit in foreign players forced the teams to develop youngsters from their lower teams. These days the richest teams just buy the very best and the rest of the teams are fucked, while the free movement of international players mean that young local players are forced to play in mediocre.teams and relegation fodder.

Thank you so fucking much, Bosman.
>>
>>74274388
> the rest of the teams are fucked
Leicester just won the league, going up against 300 million dollar teams like Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, whatever
>>
Teams played 4-4-2 with proper out and out strikers and looked to score goals. Now everyone plays 4-2-3-1 cancer and all forwards now seem to be skinny manlet faggots.
>>
>>74274431
by accident
>>
>>74272213

I still have that album. The teams are 80% white English players. Many of them local lads too. The glory days of football.
>>
>>74274508
Teams played 4-2-3-1 back then. It actually makes for a good game because the other team was usually playing 4-4-2. It's only if both teams play 4-2-3-1 that the game becomes shit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.