[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of us gonna take this seriously?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: wbc_1280_er4o2xsw_wwvu45yr.png (29KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
wbc_1280_er4o2xsw_wwvu45yr.png
29KB, 320x180px
Any of us gonna take this seriously?
>>
I wish, but we never send our best players. It is annoying.
>>
None of our pros take it seriously, why should we? Literally meme tournament.
>>
>>74252919
imagine the MLB fan outrage if a star got seriously injured in a glorified exhibition tournament
>>
>>74252927
>placing importance of a club team over the motherfucking United States
Truely pathetic
>>
>>74252899
no but i'd go to a game
>>
>>74252927
>injuries in baseball
>>
>>74252927
I don't care, my team has all its star venezuelans and shit go.
>>
>>74252946
>implying even if we created the ultimate dream team with current American MLB players, our citizens would actually tune in to watch, even if MLBtv were free

Guarantee even if this were the case, they'd pull in less ratings than women's world cup finals.
>>
>>74252946
if you're not being retarded, you'd realize that MLB games are infinitely more important than this failure of a tournament for the players

literally no one watches this, and no one actually thinks the country that wins is better than america at baseball anyway
>>
>>74252969
They are, but it's a shame that this doesn't take more importance

Who cares? I want to see the US crush the hopes of poor foreign people
>>
>>74252899
I would if it was available on my tv package
>>
>>74252927
>player gets injured in spring training
>no one gives a shit or blames anyone

>player get injured in WBC
>END THIS FUCKING MEME MICKEY MOUSE TOURNAMENT

anyway, I love the wbc, I'll be watching every game even the asian ones at 4am, hopefully I'm not alone in the gamethreads
>>
File: 1483671335532.png (159KB, 2753x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1483671335532.png
159KB, 2753x1400px
Hoping for a USA-Mexico final desu senpaitachi, would easily be the most watched matchup, could be big for the sports popularity both here and in Mexico also

>>74252919
in 2006 we pretty much sent our best players and ended up 8th place, players have been getting worse every time since but still mostly all stars so you'd think they'd do better
>>
>>74254142
It wasn't as good as people think
Also Dontrelle Willis fucked that entire tournament
>>
>>74254095
because spring training is a part of the MLB, whereas the WBC is not. are you fucking retarded?
>>
File: 000121.jpg (17KB, 219x251px) Image search: [Google]
000121.jpg
17KB, 219x251px
>tfw all I remember from the first WBC was that when I got up extra early to watch a game from Asia one morning, I tried shaving my pubic hair for the first time
>>
>>74254218
There's a game from the first one
USA vs South Africa
There's no clips of it anywhere
It's amazing
The game wasn't shown live
>>
>>74254248
Was that the one that Clemens pitched?
>>
>>74254254
Yes
And somehow South Africa got two hits
>>
>>74254182
He was elite at the time though. Clemens was an old fuck but he had also just come off a season where he led the league in ERA by more than half a run. The bullpen and infield were elite as fuck, couldn't be better. Outfield could have been better, still decent.

>>74254195
not sure what you're trying to say here desu, the wbc is run by mlb, neither is part of the regular season mlb

position players have very little injury concern while playing baseball. If they get injured it's probably a freak thing or a result of being a retard, injury risk shouldn't be a reason to skip the wbc. But if a star does happen to get injured in the wbc there would absolutely be an outrage, which is ridiculous.

pitching is a [slightly] different story. But if he prepares properly and just doesn't try to overexert himself it shouldn't be a problem either. If the pitcher has any real problem it would've popped up in spring training or during the season anyway.
>>
>>74254345
And there's that retarded pitching count
They really need this in like November

I doubt that cutting into the vacations of players is as big of a deal as they make it out to be
>>
>>74254363
It's not exactly a strenuous sport and they have several months off, players keep working out for most of the offseason anyway. Many of the best players used to play winter ball also, the best don't anymore but shitters still do and I don't think it makes them any more injury prone. Only concern for pitchers is mileage on the arm I guess, but they'd throw just a handful of innings in the wbc.

and yeah fuck the pitch counts, makes it hard to take this tournament seriously. At least let the teams and players who care play
>>
>>74254218
>tried shaving my pubic hair for the first time
k
>>
>>74254218
Try shaving your asscrack hair for the first time :3
>>
>>74254423
Well there's other reasons not to have it in November too
Mostly football-related reasons
But for a tournament that lacks legitimacy not having the best players avoid it because of injury concerns seem to be at least a little alleviated in november
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.