[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stadiums

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: CPU heatsink stadium.jpg (163KB, 962x514px) Image search: [Google]
CPU heatsink stadium.jpg
163KB, 962x514px
Can anyone tell me how do expansions work? Do they make the stadiums taller? wider? How do they manage for the pitch to still be perfectly visible, or does that suffer after an expansion? Because I can see the weird architecture fluff they add on the outside but I don't see how does that make more people fit inside.

Just thought about it and I realized I really don't understand, I thought they wouldn't make it too big because fans wouldn't be able to see the game properly but maybe they don't really care about that
>>
Quite often they'll move the pitch 90 degrees and ultilise more efficient seating layouts on the new stands.
>>
nice question urubro, had that same question for years, never really bothered to look for an answer
>>74244052
can seating layout efficiency really make that much of a difference? Still, the 90 degrees thing is fucking brilliant
>>
>>74244091

Sure - move the aisles to better facilitate ingress and egress out of the seating areas from the concourse, and have them spaced in such a way as to maximise the number of seats in a row before it gets too annoying to get from the aisle to the middle of a row.

Another consideration is the angle of rise from the pitch, as you can fit more rows in at a steeper angle than you can a flatter one, which also has the advantage of improving the viewing experience for those higher up.
>>
>>74244019
See
>>74244143

In Chelsea's case, they are demolishing Stamford Bridge and building over the existing railway adjacent to the existing stadium to accommodate the depth required to have the seating angles and the increased seating capacity. Stadiums like Spurs' are done in phases, for example a portion of the stadium is being built while a section of the existing stadium was demolished to accommodate part of the new stadium.
>>
>>74244052
> move the pitch 90 degrees
How? are you memeing me?
>>
>>74244019
Engineerbro here

Stadium expansion can be done in several ways:

>reducing the space between the pitch and the seats (pretty much what most clubs do because it's cheap)

>doing large scale construction work (stadiums that aren't fully closed or only have one level of seats)

>rearranging seats (by reducing handicapped seats or opening VIP sectors with low attendance)

>removing seats and creating standing spaces (pretty much what everyone in brazil did until the WC bid)
>>
File: chelshit.jpg (76KB, 458x305px) Image search: [Google]
chelshit.jpg
76KB, 458x305px
>not building a new stadium in Battersea Power Station

Chelsea disgusts me.
>>
>>74246207
This was honestly the GOAT suggestion. Can't believe it got rejected
>>
>>74246207
Much better than what it looks like now. Went to london for a week and it took me two days to realise where it was cause of all the flats and building work around it
>>
>>74246207
Fuck the Malaysians for buying it and ruining this.This would have been the GOAT modern stadium, possibly the ONLY iconic modern stadium.Don't know if the CPO would have allowed the move though.
>>
they just dig deeped into the ground to add more rows of chairs
>>
>>74246501
Same. Took the train past it and was so gutted that the new shite flats block the entire view. What were they thinking man.
>>
In the case of Stamford Bridge they are building a tunnel over the train tracks and having the stadium on top of it, I assume getting National Rail to agree to it was the hardest part.

Also Stamford Bridge as it is now is surrounded by "Chelsea Village" which was some harebrained scheme by the last owner who hoped it would be a centre of nightlife, hotels, shopping etc. it never worked out because you can be much more desirable areas like the West End in 10 minutes. That's all being knocked down too to add more room for seats.
>>
Sometimes if you're getting rid of a track around a playing field, they'll actually lower the field to add a few more rows of stands where the track was.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.