[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Americas cup innovation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: americas-cup-bike-power.jpg (178KB, 619x310px) Image search: [Google]
americas-cup-bike-power.jpg
178KB, 619x310px
Are >we for real with bike power?

>Emirates Team New Zealand have the America's Cup world in a flap, after springing a surprise innovation in their race boat for this year's event in Bermuda.

>The team have replaced the traditional grinding pedestals in the boat with cycles, allowing the crew to use their more powerful leg muscles to power the sophisticated control systems in their new 50ft race boat.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11801021
>>
>literally called America's Cup
>thinks he has a chance
Fuck outta here with your meme pedals
>>
>>74228253
Its """our' year la
>>
didnt the kiwis massively choke a huge lead in this cup a few years ago?
>>
>>74228387
Americans bichted an moaned about low wind even though >we could and wanted to race to stall for a new part to be designed, made and sent to them. (Yes we did)
>>
>>74228253
Give Team New Zealand a billionaire to back them and we'll beat you every time. Do you even have any Americans on the 'American' team?
>>
What are the chances the Americans will copy us?

Answer: 100%

They copied our foiling boat last time too.
>>
>>74228387
Sort of. The Americans had more money and better technology. There were also a lot of cancelled races when we had the jump on Oracle at the line. America also cheated and were lucky to not be disqualified. The American boat didn't have any American sailors either.
>>
>>74228623
bro me and my friends have been talking about foiling boats since 2007
>>
>>74228632
I've been foiling your mum since 2007
>>
>>74228632
We were the first to actually do it with an AC72
>>
>>74228641
>not knowing about AC71

sad
>>
>>74228647
enlighten me, my man

Never heard of her
>>
>>74228478

Not really - the part you're referring to was developed by Boeing, and was a fixed loop feedback control system, and was always going to win the cup once it made it onto the boat.

They didn't bitch and moan about low wind - it was just a case of the race organisers not shortening the course when there is a light airs race, as is the case for literally every other windward-leeward yacht racing on the planet, so of course they weren't going to finish a full length course in that sort of time. Was the same for every other team out there though.

Both teams we entitled to a lay day, the way we fucked up was having that dopey cunt Dalton on the boat for a key race which we lost, and then him taking a rest day in order for key sponsors to arrive early, as we didn't think we'd be up 8-0 at that point in time (remember that Oracle had to come from -2, not 0).

I say "we" because I was over there and my boss was a key sponsor.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.