[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

David Beckham

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: David-Beckham[1].jpg (592KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
David-Beckham[1].jpg
592KB, 2048x1152px
Was he overrated or underrated?
>>
Both.
>>
>>74210746
would you rather be underpaid or overrated
>>
>>74210746

No. Because he was good a freekicks everyone went "lol he's just a setpiece babby"

But he was an outstanding passer and playmaker, that's why AC Milan and PSG were still trying to use him that way as a CM into his mid-30s.
The same thing happened to Frank Lampard. So good at goals everyone decide it was all he could do and then decided to be cool kids by pretending that's shallow, even though was actually an outstanding playmaker and passer and the goals were just a bonus.
>>
Underrated.
Beckham was never overrated. He was just very popular, particularly with casual/non-fans.

He was a very good footballer, who lacked the flair of his winger contemporaries. He'd be GOAT in today's game as an attacking CM in a 4-3-3.
>>
>>74210795
It's funny how he was a 'setpiece babby' when his freekicks were the most overrated part of his game. There is at least one player in every EPL squad who can kick a deadball better than him in today's game. He was a good distributer but hampered by lack of speed.
>>
>>74210801
I dont think you should said he was underrated. He played with Galácticos, a team full of overrated pricks, besides Ronnie.

For me he was overrated as fuck. I mean, an "underrated" player would not been able to play in the most important teams of the world.
>>
Overrated. He's surprisingly slow on the offensive side of the game. He can barely defend his ground and if it isn't a high profile game, he barely gives it his all. His saving grace are his pinpoint accurate crosses and long ball passes.
>>
>>74210746
overrated. if he was not english and marketable, the world would not have looked at him twice.
>>
>>74210876
>There is at least one player in every EPL squad who can kick a deadball better than him in today's game

ha, what absolute bollocks. There's not a single player in the EPL who can hit a corner or FK as good as Beckham, not even close.
>>
Bang average midfielder that was more interested in raising his own profile than anything else. Just look up 'x celebrates England goal', like Heskey or whatever, and I can guarantee he'll be on the players shoulders within the first couple of lines worth of picture results, ensuring maximum exposure for himself. Glad all that stuff about the knighthood came out as well to expose him as the utter wanker I always thought he was.
>>
>>74211487
>He can barely defend his ground and if it isn't a high profile game, he barely gives it his all.

that is complete shit, mate.

there are many legit criticisms that could be levelled at him, but effort and defensive responsibilities are not them
>>
>>74211534
>and I can guarantee he'll be on the players shoulders within the first couple of lines worth of picture results,

Maybe because they ran to the player who put in the pinpoint cross they scored from.
>>
>>74210746
I've heard of him.

Overrated.
>>
Underrated easily. The guy didn't finish runner-up in the Ballon d'Or twice because he was good looking.

And just because he didn't have pace or flashy dribbling skills doesn't mean he wasn't a world class winger. He provided consistent end product. I'd take him over any current winger in today's game.
>>
>>74211586
Over Neymar , robben or ribery?

Kill yourself.
>>
>>74211567
Nope, like this
>>
He was a more focused, more marketable David Bentley. Not much between them, honestly...Beckham just played for better clubs and tried a bit more.
>>
Or like this
>>
Or indeed like this
>>
>>74211613
what a cunt. look at him there, celebrating with his teammates.
>>
>>74211609

Neymar is a forward, and yes i'd take him over current Robben and Ribery. Both are past their best.
>>
>>74210746
How well known would he have been if he wasn't attractive?
>>
>>74210757
agreed.

imo, beckham's marketability-- good looking, personable, the fact that the english nut over homegrown talent, etc.-- led the uninformed and the haters to call him overrated. see >>74211504

on the other hand, beckham was very clearly an exceptional right-winger on both sides of the ball. excellent distribution, excellent (if somewhat overrated) free kicks, and relatively underrated on the defensive side of the ball. the guy had a ridiculous football IQ.

basically, i'd say he's overrated, but for all the wrong reasons.
>>
>>74210746
underrated
>>
So overrated he eventually became underrated.

Makelele was the opposite, btw.
>>
>>74210770
Moral victories is for minor league coaches
>>
Beckham became the second player that I ever watched to single handedly win a match when England beat Greece.
Baggio did it before him, but did it multiple times in the World Cup.
I think that feat alone qualifies Beckham as underrated, but no where near as underrated as Baggio.
>>
>>74210746

He came second two times in Ballon 'dor. He was no doubt world class on his prime.
>>
>>74212064

I am stealing this for my local soccer forum discussions.
>>
His celebrity overshadowed his playing ability, so underrated.
>>
>>74210795
Even comparing lampard to becks lmao
>>
>>74210746
One of the best long passers of the ball I've seen, could certainly whip in a great cross too.
>>
>>74213756
The Eternal Slav strikes again.
>>
>>74210876
ABU detected. Beckham's set piece play was incredible. His long passing was second to none also
>>
File: file.png (107KB, 236x301px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
107KB, 236x301px
>>74212035
>football IQ
>>
I don't think you can put a price on delivery as consistent as beckhams desu

he may have been a bit of a plodder but his crossing was so godly it didn't matter
>>
>>74213461
>when England beat Greece

why lie about watching a match?
>>
Overrated to hell. His move to Real Madrid then MLS made him the ultimate meme.
>>
>>74210880
>>74214907
His move to Madrid had nothing to do with how people (even madrid) rated him as a player though, that was all about marketability. Throughout most of his time there people were calling him shit and overrated even in England.
>>
>>74210746
Underrated. He carried that international side.
>>
Overrated by women, underrated by men.
>>
>>74214931
In hindsight this
>>
>>74210746
Underrated in some ways because his set pieces and passing where absolutely godly. However he was a limited player due to his lack of pace or dribbling skill as a winger, meaning he could really only play as a conventional winger in a 442 limiting the team around him and probably hampering the England team he played most in slightly.
>>
File: reaching.png (3KB, 670x25px) Image search: [Google]
reaching.png
3KB, 670x25px
>I s-swear that I'm a J-Jew.
>>
>>74214993
He could play on central midfield though, he did that more later in his career
>>
>>74214995
but isn't that how things work in the jewish world?
>>
>>74215185
To be a true Jew it needs to be down the maternal line.
>>
>>74214931
What, carried them to being one of the most underachieving England generations of all time? Agreed.
>>
can't wait for him to be appointed kbe
>>
File: IMG_3133.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3133.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>74215206
He was good in 2006, did a few inspiring things
>>
>>74215270
See where England were during the Beckham captaincy and where they ended up after.
>>
>>74210746
one trick poney, but GOAT at his trick (long passes)
>>
File: jar jar.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jar jar.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
Was he overrated or underrated?
>>
Overrated massively by normies
>>
>>74215353
>one trick
You're forgetting his vehement defence of the Falklands whenever possible
>>
File: laughing girls.png (490KB, 449x401px)
laughing girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>74215353
>yfw most of the England team right now don't even have one trick
>>
>>74210746
Overrated in general, but for entirely the wrong reasons.

Massively underrated in the field of his true talent i.e playmakers
>>
TFW you realize /sp/ isn't old enough to remember just how good Beckham was.

He was unironically one of the best midfielders in the world at his peak.

NO ONE could take better free kicks
NO ONE could cross better
NO ONE could play long balls better
>>
>>74215497
Without Beckham Man Utd wouldn't had the treble, qualified to Euro 2000 or reached the World Cup semis and quarters in 98 and 2002...
>>
>>74215497
>>74215509
This. I honestly believe most people here have only seen him play in MLS and maybe some glimpses at Real Madrid.
>>
>>74212064
Spot on desu
>>
>>74210801
let me guess, you're referring to seb larsson or someone equally useless.
>>
he was great in the MLS the last 3 years.

put his head down and worked, could run a game at the MLS level still........... unlike Pirlo, Lampard, Gerrard, all guys that are properly extremely overrated
>>
>>74215497
>free kicks
>cross
>long balls
lmao this is a midfielder/10 in englel
>>
>>74215509
>Euro 2000 or reached the World Cup semis and quarters in 98 and 2002
u wot
>>
>>74217671
It's more than sideways passing and diving tbf
>>
>>74211642
made me laugh out loud mate
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.