[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After the Julio Jones catch in the 4th quarter, they had the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

After the Julio Jones catch in the 4th quarter, they had the Patriots defense reeling. So why did they suddenly go backwards?
>>
It's Vintage Falcons football. No matter who coaches them, no matter who plays for them, no matter what year or record setting numbers they've put on, Falcons are cursed to always fall short. I am a huge Falcons fan. Been one since the Chris Chandler era, but fuck me if this fucking team isn't one of the main reasons for my depression. I never ask myself "how far are we gonna go" during each season but "how will we fuck it up"
>>
they didn't run
>>
>>74204835
/thread
>>
>>74204835
>>74204852

Anyone with half a brain and who's played even ten games of Madden knows that in that situation, you run the ball twice in a row next no matter fucking what. Then MAYBE you throw to convert and ice the game if it's third and short - but you just could not lose yards at 1st and 10 from there no matter what. Absolute foolishness.

Call it a meme if you want, but I genuinely think that if coaches/coordinators would play a few games of Madden to understand other facets of the game that they don't always deal with, that it would make them better at their jobs. In a few years once a generation of people raised on the game get more into the NFL, shit like this won't happen.
>>
there should be a common sense coordinator on every team who examines every decision so he can tell the coaches "holy shit nigger what are you thinking?"
>>
>>74204895

Coaches aren't concerned with that stuff. They're usually more focused on motivation because that's the most important part of football. There should probably be a little madden nerd on every sideline to help with decisions like that, but in the heat of the moment an NFL coach probably wouldn't listen to him anyways.
>>
>>74204895

Most coaches need to have played football in their youth in order to command the respect of the players.
This means that most coaches will accordingly have some degree of brain damage.
Thinking of football as some game of wits and intellect is hilariously autistic.
It's literally a bunch of roided up brain damaged apes crashing into each other and pondering "hurrr run or pass?"
>>
File: 1484660373418.jpg (70KB, 770x760px) Image search: [Google]
1484660373418.jpg
70KB, 770x760px
>tfw to smart too win the superb owl
>>
File: 1483307021823.jpg (650KB, 2000x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1483307021823.jpg
650KB, 2000x1024px
>tfw people will do ANYTHING to illegitimize Patriots victories
Pats won fair and square boys, nobody choked, both teams did what they've been doing all year, Pats just rolled like they always do, get over it.
>>
>>74204720
Panthers fan living in ATL, I really feel for you guts sometimes. The Atlanta fans I know are still salty over the Braves only getting one title in the 90s

Don't worry, AUFC will bring the city another title
>>
>>74204895

Why is everyone ignoring the fact that the Falcons DID run it on first down and Freeman was tackled for a loss of one or two yards? Give the Pats D some credit, that was an amazing stand.
>>
>>74206348
>loss of one or two yards?

They could have done this 2 more times and still been relatively sure of making the FG. Game over.

Pats fan here, you're absolutely right that it was an amazing stand, probably most clutch play of the game, but it was a colossal fuckup on the part of the Falcons to try to pass instead of run. I was shocked when they didn't run.
>>
>>74206348
Are you stupid?
They could have lost ten yards, it wouldn't have mattered.
They lost 23.
>>
>>74206601

You and I are both Pats fans so we're a little spoiled when it comes to coaches consistently making the right call.
When you simplify things, which is what a smart team does against Belichick because we've seen what happens when you try trickery with the Pats, 2nd and 12 is a passing down.
And you never put the game in the hands (feet?) of your kicker until it is ABSOLUTELY the last resort. Kickers from 45 yards + in 2016 hit on only 54%.
I'm not saying it was a great move but it's never wrong to trust your MVP QB to move the ball.
>>
>>74206921

Never put the game on your kicker unless you are out of options. Letting your MVP QB try to make a throw is not the worst idea. Coaches make mistakes, hindsight is 20/20.
>>
>tfw too smart to keep a 28-3 lead

people just don't understand """""""""""analystics""""""""""""""""""
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.