[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the worst MVP of all time? Will he be the first mvp to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: drose.jpg (3MB, 4080x2720px) Image search: [Google]
drose.jpg
3MB, 4080x2720px
Is he the worst MVP of all time?

Will he be the first mvp to never make the hall of fame?
>>
He has the fastest downfall of all MVP's, that season was spectacular though.
>>
Lebron was MVP that year. Rose just got the award
>>
>>74202761
>Is he the worst MVP of all time?

I genuinely don't know every MVP ever, but as a native "Chicagoan"*, I have so much respect for D Rose, he carried our team for years, and I refuse to believe that he is the worst.

>Will he be the first mvp to never make the hall of fame?

Yes. He was drafted in '08, and his time as a superstar more or less ended in 2012. He was Hall of Fame-tier for 2 years. That's it. Not enough to get him inducted. I won't say it's sad, because Rose earns 10 times more in one month than the average person in the world will earn in a year, but he's seriously underrated, and doesn't get enough respect for being such a great player, even if it didn't last long.

*Ok, I'm actually from Evanston, but come on, that's basically the same. Was born like 5 miles from the Chicago city limits.
>>
File: D Rose Dance.webm (303KB, 432x520px) Image search: [Google]
D Rose Dance.webm
303KB, 432x520px
>>74202797
*Oh, and also this anon is right >>74202783

"MVP" is just another way of saying 'player of the year' these days. It does not mean 'best player in the world'. Westbrook will almost certainly win it this year, but would anyone seriously say he's the best in the world? Of course not. Lebron, Curry, and arguably Durant are all better.

I think we should either create separate awards for 'best in the world' and 'player of the year' (which is what the European soccer leagues do), or change the name of MVP to 'player of the year'.

Because Lebron has been the most valuable player literally since the night he played his first game. This is a guy who got a $100 million contract from Nike before he even finished 1 month in the league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws0hrf4GHeE
>>
File: Dennis Rodman u dumb.jpg (282KB, 736x1118px) Image search: [Google]
Dennis Rodman u dumb.jpg
282KB, 736x1118px
>>74202775

Was media driven bullshit, wasn't even the best PG in the game let alone the best player
>>
>>74202822
Harden's going to win it

Curry this year isn't playing better than RW or Harden also
>>
>>74202822
LeBron was player of the year in 2011 though.
>>
Drose is a blackhole, he's a bigger cancer than Carmelo ever was
>>
It's interesting that in the NFL and MLB you have lots of MVPs not in the HOF, but in NHL and especially NBA you have pretty much none. Why is that? All I can think of is that NFL MVP is always just best QB/RB, while the HOF is more evenly distributed across positions, while in MLB you have two MVPs every season and a lot of them are only excluded from the HOF because of scandals.
>>
I still think D Rose could be a HoF inductee. People don't factor in winning an MVP when they consider if he should be inducted or not, they also forget the huge brand and the shoes and the big-market teams he's played on.
>>
>>74203436
2 reasons. First is NBA HOF is incredibly easy to get into. Chris Bosh would not be a Hall of Famer in the NFL but he will likely be first ballot in the NBA. Secondly is a single player has such a profound impact in the NBA and for them to win MVP means they are almost certainly a top 10 player of their generation.
>>
>>74203436

Because in basketball the teams are way smaller.
>>
>>74203314
westbrook is playing better than harden
>>
>>74203777

Hardens team is doing better
>>
>>74202761
>Will he be the first mvp to never make the hall of fame?
Yes.
>>
>>74202761
His surgeon will make the Hall of Fame though.
>>
>>74202797
He hurt the team for more years than he "carried" them
>>
>>74204494
because Harden's team IS better.
>>
>muh team performance

in that case Kawhi is the MVP, his team is doing better than the Rockets and he actually plays defense.
>>
>>74204532
yeah, but the MVP always reflects on team performance too. whether you think that is right or wrong is a whole other debate. harden having 9 more wins under his belt over westbrook will put him over westbrook in the mvp voting easily. even durant has a better shot than westbrook
>>
NBA hall of fame is laughably easy to get into. He'll make it.
>>
Junmy Butler is having a much better year than he did during his MVP year
>>
>>74204549
media already voted Westbrook ahead of Harden in the ASG voting.

if Westbrook averages a triple double and the Thunder are at least the seventh seed he will, at worst, finish second to Harden in a tight MVP race. Durant isn't even in consideration.
>>
>>74204566
ASG voting =/= MVP voting

the only reason durant wouldnt get the nod over westbrook is because his team is so stacked.

an ultra efficient 26/5/8 and the 1st seed > a somewhat efficient 31/10/11 and the 7th seed in MVP voting. while i dont necessarily agree with ruling out players on poorer teams for MVP contention, you have to reward winning to discourage players balling out in losses and being rewarded for it
>>
>>74202761

Well..you can assume
>>
rose's mvp was more deserving than Steve Nash's desu
>>
>>74202761
"Worst MVP" is a retarded way of looking at it. Yes, he's probably the worst player career-wise to win it in the modern era, but that's in comparison to elite players. He's still an above-average NBA player. Who cares who is the "worst best?"

His situation with getting a big contract before huge injuries is pretty unique and plays way too much into the analysis of his skill. As a Bulls fan i always feel that he was treated unfairly here and i wish him the best
>>
>>74207465
this desu senpai
>>
>>74204566
last time an MVP was not on a top 2 seed team was 30 years ago
and he was the 3rd seed

not even Oscar Roberson got the MVP when he averaged a triple double because his team had a shit record
shit matter of fact that same season Wilt averaged 50 and he didn't get the MVP either, it was Bill Russell because he had the better record by far

so yeah, Westbrook ain't getting it, he's overrated as shit and can't win to save his life because he doesn't play winning basketball, being the only one touching the ball and heroballing isn't gonna get you far
>>
>injuries consume his lower body after he signs with adidas

should've stuck with nike familia. adidas ruined the life of an mvp and first ballot HOF'er
>>
He was incredible that season but injuries fucked him completely
>>
>le dribble for 10 seconds and attempt a flailing layup and fall down and injure himself man
>good
Loving every laff

Rose is trash. He won the butthurt MVP from voters who were mad and wanted Lebron to lose. Just gave it to the guy taking the most shots on a Bulls team that had its great record due to defense.
>>
>>74204620
Durant went to a team that set a record for wins in the previous season. He's not even in the conversation, fair or not. If Westbrook drags his team to the playoffs, AND keeps the season triple double numbers, he gets it easily.
>>
>>74209736
>not even Oscar Roberson got the MVP when he averaged a triple double because his team had a shit record
>shit matter of fact that same season Wilt averaged 50 and he didn't get the MVP either, it was Bill Russell because he had the better record by far
One, it's harder to average a triple double nowadays due to fewer possessions, and two, totally different media situation back then. Westbrook's getting a ton of coverage for what he's doing. We can already see how the voting's going to go if he keeps up the pace.
>>
>>74202822
do people actually believe curry>durant??????? HELLO?????????
>>
>>74212084

harden is putting up equally good numbers but his team is actually doing well and is a threat to win the west.

harden > wb > lebron > durant > kawhi >>>>>>> isaiha thomas > john wall > curry > everyone else imo
>>
>>74202761
Modern day penny hardway right there
>>
Rose's MVP year was incredible. If you're just going by stats then Lelbron maybe should have won, but if you're a fan of basketball for like 2 years Rose was the fastest most acrobatic dude in the league. I remember he would train in the offseason with Westbrook and pundits would be like "Can Russel become the next DRose?" funny how life can just fuck you in the ass so quick
>>
>>74202761

it's called the hall of fame not the hall of best players.

Rose will make it because his torn ACL's, multiple injuries, and fall from grace make him more famous and noteworthy than say, Chris Bosh who won 2 rings and put up multiple all-star seasons and is considered a lock for HoF yet is a literally who in the grand scheme of things.
>>
shout out to derrick rose
>>
>>74217811
MAN THAT NIGGA NICE
>>
>>74202822
Westbrook has 0 shot. His team doesn't win enough. It is Legod or Soften.
>>
>>74203436
In the NBA, the best players on the best team almost always wins the championship since teams are small and they play best of 7, so the best team will usually win out. Basketball stars are also very consistent in their production year to year, so if a player is good, they are good for a while. Only injuries and massive overhype lead to a Derek Rose situation.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.