[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What sports are more corrupt/rigged? American or European?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: Pondering Pepe.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
Pondering Pepe.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
What sports are more corrupt/rigged? American or European?
>>
>>74191715

American sports are more corrupt. European sports are more rigged.
>>
>>74191715
Euros have a ton of lower professional leagues. Seems like there would be a lot of room for corruption.

USA only has 1 professional league for the major sports and the top 3 are so popular and high profile that there isn't much to be gained a lot to lose by rigging, since people will watch no matter what. It is only when you get to the lower levels like College, High School, etc. where things start to get really scummy.
>>
>>74191715
Europe, due to Serie A alone.
>>
American sports are a theater play, and european football is corrupt
>>
>>74191715
American sports are more rigged but European sports are more corrupt
>>
>>74191752
>It is only when you get to the lower levels like College, High School, etc. where things start to get really scummy

Wouldn't that be the equivalent of lower professional leagues? I mean I know they aren't by definition "professional", but you can still gamble on them and that's all that's important. NFL matches and the like aren't rigged anymore than PL matches aren't rigged, not because there's no point in rigging them, but because it would bring far too much attention.
It's stupid trying to compare the two anyway. Europe is a continent full of different types of people and ran by completely different governing bodies. American sports have one governing body per sport, we have one per country and by sport.
>>
Only Australian sports are pure tbqhwyf
>>
>>74191743
other way around
>>
>>74191975
This
>>
>>74191715
Canadian CSL
Thread over
>>
>>74191715
Well...

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Italian_football_scandal
>>
>>74191743
I think it's the opposite
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with rigging matches and if you don't agree you're a weak cuck
>>
>>74191715
>corrupt
European
>rigged
America
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
yeah, NHL is totally rigged and corrupt.
NFL, NBA are rigged and corrupt as well.
MLB is certainly corrupt.
Major euro sports are corrupt as well.
>>
lower league soccer rigging is actually pretty common, its not even uncommon to spot teams who've had the same high odd results year after year
>>
Super Bowl was fakest thing I've ever seen (lucky I only wasted time on highlights)
>>
European sports are corrupt as fuck

American sports are rigged as fuck
>>
>>74191743
>>74192757

What exactly is the difference between rigged and corrupt? Aren't they implying the same thing?
>>
>>74191997
This
>>
European sports are both rigged and corrupt as fuck.

FIFA is the prime example.
>>
>>74193121
not necessarily.

Corruption in soccer relates to greasing palms to get World Cup hosting, coercing certain nations to vote for someone to become FIFA president, Golden Ball voting, player agents getting together with team managers to fulfill certain contract clauses with on-pitch decisions, etc. While there are plenty of rigged games, almost all of them are at a very low level

in American sports you don't see that massive organisational corruption because it's not international so no oil money can get involved. But games are entirely centered around TV ratings so there is every incentive to stretch series, to have miraculous comebacks, build up soap opera style drama etc. Basketball is the obvious example but I've suspected there's plenty of that in the NFL as well
>>
Europe isn't a country, mate.

Obviously corruption is more common in Eastern-European shitholes than in the west.
>>
>>74191834
>>74192074
that was more than a decade ago

OP said "are", not "were"
>>
>>74193628
Kek, as long as Italy and Spain are counted among Western European nations, you can keep dreaming m8
>>
>>74192420
top quality post right there
>>
As far as American sports are concerned the NBA is the most rigged.
>>
>>74191975
Nrl just had a match fixing scandal
>>
Practically all of our leagues are rigged in some way.
>>
>>74191975
There's insane amounts of corruption in the koala toss leagues. Bribery, extortion, prostitution, the list goes on.

Don't even get me started on the kangaroo races.
>>
idk anymore guys
>that world series
>that nba finals
>that owl
is it all rigged?
>>
>>74195717
>would you leave this multi-billion dollar business to chance.html
>>
>>74191834
serie a isn't even the most corrupt league in italy
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.