[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /sp/ think about the XFL?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 1280px-XFL_Logo.svg.png (39KB, 1280x620px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-XFL_Logo.svg.png
39KB, 1280x620px
What does /sp/ think about the XFL?
>>
it was okay, I'm not a big Vin Diesel fan though
>>
Most people on /sp/ were shitting in their pants on a daily basis when this was around.

I was just getting out of high school.

I promised myself I wouldn't feel old today.
>>
this shit would of work if they had open tryouts. an alternative to ncaa amateur ball.
>>
>>74191547
Killer clown mascot.
>>
>>74192143
Don't feel old, most people on /sp/ are still shitting their pants regularly.
>>
>>74192143
I'm pretty sure /sp/ didn't exist when the XFL was around.
>>
>>74191547
I think it doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>74191547
I saw two games when I was 10. The players were all trash and some of the rules were stupid (no fair catch). The wrestling elements they tried to mix in were weird. I liked Jim Ross' commentary, though
>>
it made for a good 30 for 30
shame that guy forgot to put gas in the generators

bob costas is a faggot
>>
>>74197773
I found the 30 for 30 hilarious. Vince clearly didn't have a clue about how a league and franchises were supposed to run
>>
>>74191547
Is this the Vince McMahon or the Donald Trump handegg league?
>>
>>74198584
Vince McMahon
>>
>>74198477

You mean he doesn't understand competitive sports because he runs theatre with a pantomime sports aesthetic that involves prescripted outcomes?
>>
>>74199883
Exactly, he just said that the XFL was going to start within 1 year, no teams defined, no owners, just muh smashmouth fertbell, like absolutely no organisation nor planning. The execution was so bad it's hilarious
>>
Did he choose X because he's a manchild who thinks it is a cool letter?
>>
Vince wanted to buy the CFL previously, but the 3 community owned teams stopped it

>>74199916
the budget was so low, they should have had a limited exhibition season with a lot of practices to make a better product
>>
>>74198584
>hand egg

Fuck off to your divegrass threads, achmed.
>>
>>74199980
He figured his dumb audience thought X was a cool letter
>>
They picked the wrong sport. A XBA with nothing but dunks and showboating and fancy dribbling would have gotten huge ratings esp from blacks

There's very few ways to showboat in football besides trick plays and endzone celebrations.
>>
File: rod_smart.gif (4MB, 350x266px) Image search: [Google]
rod_smart.gif
4MB, 350x266px
The league had some pretty good ideas, but had some pretty shitty ones too.

The good.
>Cameras everywhere
>Custom player name plates
getting paid more to win

The bad
>The dumb 1 point 2 point conversion
>Sprinting for the 1st possession
>Stripper cheerleaders
>Telling everyone how little the players get paid, especially kickers
>>
>>74201828
jesus you sound insecure
>>
>Vince McMahon

Literally who
>>
>>74202522
That was called Slamball and it didn't really take off, either.
>>
>>74192889

What do you mean by that? I would hope that wouldn't be the case. Would be fucking hell to clean up.
>>
>>74202522
>A XBA with nothing but dunks and showboating and fancy dribbling would have gotten huge ratings esp from blacks

You mean the NBA?
>>
File: XflNight.jpg (174KB, 1152x872px) Image search: [Google]
XflNight.jpg
174KB, 1152x872px
JUST
>>
>>74208667
100,000 people probably claim to have seen that game there
>>
>>74191547
The loose ball scramble to decide who receives should be implemented in the NFL.
>>
>>74192939
XFL precedes /sp/ by about 7 years.

This guy>>74192143
is a poser faggot
>>
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>74202522
>with nothing but dunks and showboating and fancy dribbling
they're called the globetrotters
>>
File: extreme-gulp.jpg (54KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
extreme-gulp.jpg
54KB, 630x420px
>>74199980
It was 90s marketing hang over: X-Games, NBA Jam eXtreme shit like image attached. Also remember, it was created in 1999 and didn't play till 2001.
>>
>>74202939
>stripper cheerleaders bad

wew lad that sounds pretty gay
>>
>>74209495
was he a draw?
>>
>>74213666
The only draw
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.