[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leave the Premier League to me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

File: lionel-messi.jpg (938KB, 1081x972px) Image search: [Google]
lionel-messi.jpg
938KB, 1081x972px
Leave the Premier League to me.
>>
>>74166091
He son is learning English. Doubt he'd go to Man Shitty though, Chelsea is much more likely.
>>
>>74166116
Chelsea can't afford him. City is the only EPL team that has made serious noise in actually offering him.
>>
>>74166123
If Chelsea can't afford him then nobody can, even Jose said they couldn't. According to
>March
Though Messi doesn't care about money in his new contract signing. His biggest issue is that he doesn't want to be in the midfield anymore.
>>
Objectively, Messi is underpaid in Barcelona. However, they would rather sell basically anyone else and use that money to pay Messi. He isn't going anywhere, he's Barca through and through.

"Cule de Corazon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXWjnhfM6sw
>>74166123
>Chelsea can't afford him

Are you high? From tv money alone, assuming they win the title, they will earn 170 million euros. That's not including the money they would get from shirt sales, commercial deals, etc. . I don't think Chelsea is going to buy him, but they, Man City, or Man United could possibly afford him. In fact, they're the only clubs in the entire world who can (other than Real Madrid, but obviously that isn't happening).

>>74166167
This. Messi doesn't give a shit anymore. If you're already making $30 million per year, why should an extra 5 mil matter to you? Plus adidas just gave him a lifetime deal, he'll be fine.
>>
>>74166116
He won't leave Barça nor it would made any sense. However, in case Barça couldn't afford him anymore and had to sell him, he would clearly go to the only similar status club, United. Definitely not newly-rich artifitial clubs like shity or chelsky
>>74166167
> even Jose said they couldn't
that's not what he said, he said he was an impossible target. not because of the price, but because of the club he's in. Barça won't sell him and he has no interest in leaving
>>
>>74166462
United currently is just a cut and paste of players Jose likes. So semblance of a real team unlike Chelsea, he could be a good replacement for Costa
>>
>>74166479
Messi would be a good replacement for practically every forward on the planet. The question is why on earth would Messi want to leave Barca?

Especially to go to England, a country which speaks English and Arabic, languages he doesn't know, where it rains all the time, where it's cold, where it's crowded, where all of the teams are worse than Barca, where his teammates would all speak French or maybe English...what reason could he possibly have for wanting to go there?
>>
>>74166462
>However, in case Barça couldn't afford him anymore and had to sell him, he would clearly go to the only similar status club, United.

Bullshit. United are a Europa league club, 6th in England, playing like utter shit, and not looking likely to get out of 6th place because the 5 teams above them are all objectively better. If Messi goes to England, it will be to Man City or Chelsea.

I don't think it's happening either way, but the idea of him going to Man United is laughable.
>>
>>74166494
There isn't any reason he would won't to go. The questions is if Barça wouldn't want to or couldn't keep him. Obviously they would want to but maybe Enrique thinks it's best that Messi stays in the midfield and Messi says fuck that and leaves.
>>
He's too much of a coward to leave the comfort of barca.

He'd be reduced to mediocrity in a season if he went to any EPL side
>>
>>74166514
Honestly, Messi can simply walk into Barca HQ, talk to Bartomeu (or maybe Pique, since he seems to be the real president these days), say "it's me or Lucho", and Luis Enrique will be fired before the end of the day. Then Barca will hire a manager who will let Messi do whatever he wants.
>>
>>74166501
No way in hell he'd ever consider living in Manchester.

It's Chelsea or nothing when it comes to England.
>>
>>74166479
Chelsea is Jose's team too, don't be retarded. United is under construction, one more transfer window and I doubt they'll have challengers for the Premier
>a good replacement for Costa
dream on, it won't happen. whatever Chelsea does, if they start losing nuclear players they won't have Jose anymore to tell them what to do and who to buy, it's the beginning of the end
>will be to Man City or Chelsea.
I already said why he won't even if he were to leave Barça. Real top players crave prestige, something neither shity nor chelsky can provide. get real dude.
>>
>>74166562
>Chelsea is Jose team too
They played like shit under Jose. Like Conte said "they were 11 players but not a team."
>dream on, it won't happen. whatever Chelsea does, if they start losing nuclear players they won't have Jose anymore to tell them what to do and who to buy, it's the beginning of the end
Conte is an accomplished coach too. It doesn't take a genius to know that Messi is a good replacement for any forward.
>I already said why he won't even if he were to leave Barça. Real top players crave prestige, something neither shity nor chelsky can provide. get real dude.
By that logic the only other team he could go to is Real Madrid then
>>
>>74166562
>United is under construction, one more transfer window and I doubt they'll have challengers for the Premier

I don't believe this. Objectively, United's squad is the most expensive in the world, the best-paid in England, the 2nd-best paid of all soccer clubs, and the 3rd-best paid of all sports teams.

They should be challenging for the league right now. The fact that they aren't shows a serious deficiency in either the manager or the "culture" of the club.

>>74166562
How many CL trophies did Barca have when Messi first started playing for them? Oh right, 1, same as Chelsea. That's it. Players give zero shits about such things, it's all about personal prestige and money. If Messi wants to leave Spain (unlikely), and thinks he can make more money and win trophies somewhere else, then he will.

"Prestige" has fuck all to do with it. It has always had nothing to do with it. Look at the world transfer records over the past 30 years or so.

>Napoli broke the record in the 80s, with literally 0 league titles in their entire history, and got Maradona
>Inter broke the record twice in the late 90s, despite winning 0 league titles and just 2 UEFA cups, despite not having won the CL since the 1960s
>Madrid broke the record in 2013, when they had 0 CLs and just 1 league title in the previous 5 years
>United broke the record in 2016, despite having been mediocre shit since 2013 and not having won the CL in 2009

All that matters is money and opportunity. Prestige is a meme.
>>
>>74166602
>They played like shit under Jose. Like Conte said "they were 11 players but not a team."
Of course Conte is gonna say that, he doesn't want to admit he's only reaping the rewards of what Jose did. Reality is that those 11 players were champions, under Jose. As a team.
>Messi
won't happen. if Costa does leave, Conte will have his balls chopped off in no time. he'll crumble under the pressure of making the right choice, knowing what happens in Chelsea when you dont deliver. he'll be undecided and end up buying some expensive meme player
>By that logic the only other team he could go to is Real Madrid then
Real Madrid would be one level up. United and Bayern one level down. Shity or chelsky are several levels down, one step above going to China for money
>>
>>74166678
7th last year Chelsea finished. Not even Europa league. Players like Costa were getting the blame but not with Conte they back to being good. There's no denying that Conte is a good manager you fucking moron. He took Juventus to the top and keep them there
>>
>>74166678
Jose did a brilliant job with Chelsea in 2013/14 and 2014/15. But he completely lost control in 2015/16. Conte is a dramatic improvement on 15/16 Mourinho.

IMO, Mourinho is finished. He should retire now, while he still has some dignity.
>>
>>74166649
>How many CL trophies did Barca have when Messi first started playing for them?
you dont understand how it works, Real Madrid is the top level of prestige, Barça is the next level because it's Real's only direct competitor
>"Prestige" has fuck all to do with it
that's the mentality of the players that are not world class. the thing to understand here is that when you reach a certain level, the money stops making a difference, because the only thing you lack is prestige. You won't get what I mean if you're some kind of poorfag loser, so stop trying.

>They should be challenging for the league right now.
no, they shouldn't. mourinho made a very strong team at Chelsea, and they're the only contenders atm. it takes time to produce a different team to do better. next season.
>>
>>74166713
he doesn't care about your opinion. you're probably a loser. best stick with what you do best like picking up trash or serving at tables or whatever it is you do to get your shekels. winners will always need losers to serve them
>>
>>74166695
I don't deny he's a good manager. he probably is. but there's a distinction between being good and the level required to stay at Chelsea. he'll be exposed when mourinho's work begins to wear off.
>>
get off /sp/ jose, you've got a match to prepare for
>>
>>74166789
Of course Mou doesn't care about my opinion. I'm a huge fan of Mourinho. I support Inter, and almost every Inter fan worships Mourinho. I just think that he's finished. There is nothing wrong with with. Nothing lasts forever. Mou is a managerial God, but he's on the ropes. IMO, it's time for him to call it a day. He's made his money, he has the respect of hundreds of millions of people....why not quit while he's still ahead? Spend time with his family? Maybe manage the US or Chinese NT for the next World Cup?

I seriously am a big fan of this man. I've even got a little Portuguese ancestry myself (my aunt was a sexy gold-digger from Lisbon who married my Cuban doctor dad). That's why I want him to quit now. Protect his reputation.

>>74166769
>you dont understand how it works, Real Madrid is the top level of prestige, Barça is the next level because it's Real's only direct competitor

No, *you* don't understand. Players sign for clubs that have money and that can help them win trophies. When Mascherano signed for Barca, his old club (Liverpool) had 5 CLs, Barca had 3. Torres signed for Chelsea, who had 0 CLs at the time. How do you not realize that this is all that matters? Haven't you seen dozens of your country's players leave Porto/Benfica (objectively prestigious clubs) so they can play for "plastica" teams like Man City and Chelsea? Come on.

>no, they shouldn't. mourinho made a very strong team at Chelsea, and they're the only contenders atm. it takes time to produce a different team to do better. next season.

Mou made a good team at Chelsea. The best team in the PL,. But I don't believe that Mourinho should be excused for his performance with Man United. It's honestly pathetic by his standards, and it's the main reason that I think he's done. The old Mou, "god tier manager" Mou, would have never tolerated this shit. He'd have this Man United team in 3rd place at minimum, and would still be pushing them to do better.
>>
File: Mouhandcuffs.jpg (52KB, 658x495px) Image search: [Google]
Mouhandcuffs.jpg
52KB, 658x495px
>>74166848
Oops, forgot pic. Probably the best one for his career.
>>
>>74166848
>.why not quit while he's still ahead?
I told you before, you won't get this because you have the mentality of a loser. that's not how a winner thinks
>That's why I want him to quit now.
Stop worrying about him and his reputation. He doesn't care about what you think.
>CLs
you're confusing CLs with prestige. that's not how it works
> players leave Porto/Benfica
it's not like they had the choice to go to Real Madrid, it's not a binary choice. obviously playing for a big team in a more prestigious league gives you both more money and more prestige, independently of the clubs they were in were already big and prestigious. You seriously seem to have difficulties in understanding simple reasoning.
>performance with Man United.
he's doing just fine. anyone following United this season can see where it's going and knows a successful team is in the making
>old Mou
that's a silly concept, people don't change. stop being silly, please.
>>
I think Barça is his little project at this point, I can't see him leaving in the next 5 years and why would he? money? He has all the money he needs, lives in a country with nice weather in a city where he's basically a god with his beautiful wife and two kids.

He plays for (arguably) the best club in the world and already started a dynasty of dominance in the (arguably) best league in the world. He won't find a club that gives him what Barcelona does.
>>
>going from sunny warm Barcelona to rainy depressing cold England
Why would he do that? It's not like he's desperate for money
>>
>>74166918
>Stop worrying about him and his reputation. He doesn't care about what you think.

I know he doesn't care what I think, you Anglo dick-sucking jackass. I'm simply giving my opinion.

>you're confusing CLs with prestige. that's not how it works

I genuinely don't see the difference. A CL trophy is the ultimate trophy. You can't argue against CL trophies. CLs are prestige.

>he's doing just fine. anyone following United this season can see where it's going and knows a successful team is in the making

I disagree. With the squad he has, to be in 6th place, 14 points off of second...it's a massive underachievement by his standards.

>that's a silly concept, people don't change

People change all the time. Tactics change. Mourinho has become out-dated. Very, very few coaches, in any sport, can last multiple decades.
>>
>>74167052
>I'm simply giving my opinion.
your opinion is pointless. you should realise Mourinho is Mourinho and Mourinho is going to do what Mourinho is going to do. Your concern is cringy to watch, to be honest
>I genuinely don't see the difference.
I know you don't. You'll never get it
> 14 points off of second.
he's 5 points from second. you don't follow the league and you can't even check a table. you're an embarrassment, even for /sp/ standards. please stop posting, it's getting beyond cringy
>Very, very few coaches, in any sport, can last multiple decades.
he's clearly one of them
>People change all the time.
No, they don't, that perception is part of your distorted world view. we already established you can't even understand what prestige means and you can't even check a league table, why are you still posting?
>>
>>74167092
You're clearly just a Moyes dick sucker. Don't you have anything better to do than defend someone who would probably hate you?
>>
>>74167115
shut up loser, you've been btfo long ago. crawl back to your little hole.
>>
>>74167092
>your opinion is pointless. you should realise Mourinho is Mourinho and Mourinho is going to do what Mourinho is going to do. Your concern is cringy to watch, to be honest

Yeah, fair enough. I'm just a fan. Just don't want to see a man that I respect get ridiculed by the entire world. The PL isn't Portugal. The whole world watches the English league, and the whole world laughs when you fuck up.

>he's 5 points from second. you don't follow the league and you can't even check a table

I follow the league, that's how I know that he's 14 points off second. That's also how I know that Man United have not given any indication that they are in any way capable of even making the top 4, let alone challenging for the title. Pogba, who is getting paid more than Suarez or Neymar has been a massive disappointment, there are literally at least 5 central mids doing better than him. There are at least 3 strikers doing better than Ibrahimovic, at least 3 attacking mids doing better than Mkhitaryan....United as a whole are a massive disappointment. How much did United spend on Bailly? 35 mil? How much dd Spurs spend on their CBs? 25 mil combined? Fucking ridiculous. The whole organization in Manchester is a mess.

>he's clearly one of them

No, he isn't. Mourinho burst onto the scene in 2004. His last title was in 2015. He has done fuck all since then. Now technically, that is 11 years, but "multiple decades" would be a massive exaggeration.

>No, they don't

People do change. Constantly. What kind of backwards worldview do you have? Is this why Portugal is so poor?
>>
Have you heard this fucking Portugueese guy, "players only Care about prestige " as if anyone with a brain in their skull would think "should I go to a club trying to be the future or a club living in the past." And chooses the latter unless all they want is an easy year earning top dollar

Take it from an expert; kill yourself.
>>
>>74167142
>The whole world watches the English league, and the whole world laughs when you fuck up.
that's the reason you're a loser. you care what others think of you. You either think what you do is what you should do, or you don't. If you don't, the logical conclusion is that you should kys.

>that's how I know that he's 14 points off second.
you got it wrong.
https://www.premierleague.com/tables
50-45 = 5, not 14.
just kill yourself already. please.
>His last title was in 2015.
that's it. it's february 2017 and he's already in another final. he's clearly finished
>The whole organization in Manchester is a mess.
You support Inter? Forget about it, he's not coming back.
>People do change.
they don't. Mourinho is a winner, that will never change. You're clearly a loser, as has been proven countless times. That will also never change.
>>
All yall fucken idiots. Anything is possible in football. What it ultimately comes down to is what midfielders Barca sign this summer. Barca have been shit this season and they just got exposed against Atletico (They went thru cuz of refball)

Messi cud end up at City, Chelsea, whoever you really think he cares whether its London or Manchester for a couple years stay
>>
>>74166479
cut and paste band of mercs
>>
>>74166123
Messi wouldn't really be the same in the BPL due to the fact that not only do you have to spend retarded amounts of money to buy him, you then have to also spend retarded amounts of money to build a world class team that plays the way he wants. That and due to the BPL being "physical", he'd be chopped down every game.
>>
>>74167231
Barca right now is not a world class team that is playing the way wants (see Messipendencia)

City is richer than Barca

You see where this is going????????????????????
>>
>>74166116

>Chelsea

I could actually see this happening. Messi wearing the #25 shirt toying with defenders in his late thirties.
>>
File: 1476657703006_0.jpg (44KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476657703006_0.jpg
44KB, 480x480px
I was wondering where the autistic Portuguese mou fan went
>>
15 goal season incoming.
Messi isn't so tough when he isn't stat padding against Eibar
>>
Oh please... "muuhhh Zlatan is gonna get exposed in EPL"

Messi would run laps around Huth and twice on sundays, and im not even a Barca fan ffs
>>
I like how people are seriously discussing Messi moving from Barcelona. It won't happen until he is like 35 when he goes to Newell's Old Boys.
>>
>>74167258
Or scoring hat tricks against Man City
>>
I want to see Messi to go to Spurs. Can't imagine anything funnier than him pulling a Maradona.
>>
>>74167268
i mean obviously the odds are very very low but then why hasnt he signed an extension yet? hes not gonna get a pay rise so whats he waiting for...
>>
>>74167275
Spurs are second in the league. They're no longer an average club. Going to Everton would be more fitting.
>>
>>74167283
It's already been stated. Under Enrique they have relied on him replacing Xavi and being a forward. He just wanted to be a forward now.
>>
Didnt he say he always admired Arse?????
He shud succeed Wonga and be player-manager desu
>>
>>74167288
Wow ur dumb all these posts are mine
>>74167283
>>74167267
>>74167246
>>74167206
>>
>>74167285
Come on. I like Spurs, but they are very much an average club. Lower revenue than Dortmund, lower wage bill than Dortmund. They're hardly elite.
>>
>>74167092
What an annoying little cunt you are...
>>
if he goes to the premier they will have a cult following for decades to come
>>
>>74166091
He doesn't have the balls to leave Barca, he knows he's useless in other teams and he doesn't want to ruin his image.

Now that would change if it's ManShitty because Pep could make a team to play for him.
>>
>>74167288
Sounds like he's subtly complaining that the midfield's gone to shit lately, which is true.
>>
>they don't realise the Javi Martinez to Liverpool Situation was a smokescreen for Messi
>>
>>74166167
if barca stops winning he'll move, he has at least another 5 years of top level playing in him, why would he waste them at a degrading club?
>>74167592
jej
>>
>>74166091
He would never leave as he doesn't want to be exposed
>>
>>74166091
I don't get why footballers stay in the same team for their whole careers
fair enough if you find a set of fans that you love then fair enough stay, but barca fans are plastic pieces of shit
if you only care about winning then you're in it for the wrong reasons
Objective career path is: lower league club where you started, top 7 PL team, one of the Milans, Dortmund/Bayern, Athletico Madrid/Sevilla/Valencia, one of the old firm clubs
Gazza made it onto the all time greatest Rangers XI and he only played there for three years
>>
>>74167628
This
>>
>>74166462
>>74166562
The level of retartedness in your posts is close to Liverpool levels

>Van Gaal will fix us
> Jose will fix us! Title challengers la
> poised to finish outside of top for after spending more than a hundred mil on absolute shitters
> Next season is ours, just need to spend another 200 mil la! Mouyes is a genius!
>>
>>74168324
This.

I'd much rather have a great record at Bayern, Juventus, and Real Madrid than just being a one club great.
>>
>>74168324
No, best route is Local club -> Best club in a country with shit tier UEFA ranking -> PL/Championship yoyo clob -> Best club in a country with mid tier UEFA ranking -> Top 7 PL -> China -> Kazakhstan -> MLelS > Ayy League

t. NSS
>>
>>74167288
>>74167474
Verratti is the answer but good luck convincing Paris
>>
>>74168324
Alexis path was: Cobreloa (shit tier team un our country), Colo-Colo (best team in our country) River Plate (top 3 club on Argie), Nápoli, Barcelona and Arsenal.
>>
sell Suarez to Chelski, keep Messi and Nerman
>>
>>74167302
don't forget their European performance
>>
File: YourWelcomeWorld.png (22KB, 276x354px) Image search: [Google]
YourWelcomeWorld.png
22KB, 276x354px
>>74166091
You know where you truly belong, Leo.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.