[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have 17 seconds to explain to me why the Lombardi Trophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: nfl_lombardi_01.jpg (1MB, 2048x1394px) Image search: [Google]
nfl_lombardi_01.jpg
1MB, 2048x1394px
You have 17 seconds to explain to me why the Lombardi Trophy should not be renamed the Belichick trophy.
>>
>>74156043
Because the Belichick trophy would be a bronzed, underinflated football, and that wouldn't look good.
>>
>>74156043

>leaf
>>
>>74156080
burger
>>
>>74156062
physics is hard :(
>>
>>74156043
Tradition.
>>
>>74156043
Old people.
>>
>>74156062
>ameritards
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_gas_law
>>
>>74156043
because belicheck is a cheater

when you cheat to win, you already lost.
>>
he hasn't retired yet
>>
>>74156557
You know that "Spygate" happened because of a rule passed in 2006, after Belichick had already won 3 Super Bowls, right? And that it didn't make filming illegal, it only made filming from a certain place illegal?

They should call it "Wronglocationgate".
>>
Because handing the next 5 Belichick trophies to Belichick seems odd
>>
>>74156601
>this wild revisionist history

lmao no one will ever believe you, cheatriots
>>
>>74156043
He's probably going to win another one, you don't hand a man a trophy with his own name on it.

>>74156610
It's a fact. Feel free to look it up if you want. Filming always has been and still is legal. The issue was a 2006 memo saying "from now on, you can only do it from a certain place" and Belichick deciding to be a stubborn jackass and keep filming from the same old spot.

Also

>you

I'm a Jets fan lol.
>>
>>74156578
This
>>
>>74156622
>i'm a jets fan

i believe you :^)

daily reminder that the only good patsfag is a dead patsfag
>>
>>74156601
Never heard it put that way, best justification argument I've heard for it yet, still a twat move, still cheating, stil belicheck's call
>>
>>74156676
you've never heard it put that way because it's literally a lie. they recorded practices of opponents systematically and goodell helped them hide the evidence, "spygate" was just a slap on the wrist.

deflategate was a response to every other owner getting fucking fed up with the patriots blatant and consistent cheating, goodell only did it to save his ass for not being honest about the severity of spygate and not punishing them sufficiently for that.

t. worked for an nfl team
>>
Belichick continued to film quite openly for anyone to see when he was "caught". I'm not sure he clearly understood the new rule or thought he'd only get a slap on the wrist and it was worth the risk. There's no way he would have done it if he knew the league was going to treat it like a crime against humanity. As he said, he was only filming what 80000 people in the stadium could see themselves.
>>
>>74156732

None of that is true.

T. NFL team owner
>>
File: spygate.jpg (199KB, 600x392px) Image search: [Google]
spygate.jpg
199KB, 600x392px
>>74156732
>you've never heard it put that way because it's literally a lie

It literally isn't. It's exactly what happened.

>they recorded practices of opponents systematically

No, they didn't. You're confusing "Spygate" with "Walkthroughgate", a completely different lie made up in 2008 by a Boston tabloid, which cited an unnamed and unverified source. There was absolutely no proof at any point in time, and they apologized for it later.

http://yourteamcheats.com/NE#Walkthroughgate-2002
>>
>>74159336
>cites your team cheats

no one trusts your biased ass bullshit garbage website

again, the only good patsfag is a dead patsfag
>>
>>74159507
What should I cite? Feel free to check other sources for yourself.

There is no evidence that the Patriots ever filmed opposing teams' practices except for that one claim by a tabloid, and Marshall Faulk being butthurt.

"Spygate", a different scandal, was based entirely on a 2006 memo saying "you can only film games from a certain spot now". Even if the 2006 memo said "you can't film at all" (which it didn't, every team still films and does so completely legally), it would have no impact on the Super Bowl wins in 2002, 2004, and 2005.
>>
>>74159540
>he thinks your team cheats is a source

into le trash this entire post goes
>>
>>74159557
Find evidence of any rule before 2006 saying that you can't film games. It started with the September 2006 memo saying you can't film on the sidelines or in the locker room.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9407E6D7163CF930A25756C0A96E9C8B63

http://archive.boston.com/sports/articles/2007/09/21/patriots_wont_be_hit_harder/

The "cheating" occurred after this, when the Patriots kept filming from the sideline.
>>
>>74159577
>he thinks you're going to find evidence of covert behavior from before it was exposed

how retarded are you lmao
>>
>>74159596
I'm not asking for evidence of covert behavior, I'm asking for evidence of a rule. Surely the NFL wouldn't make its own rules a secret.
>>
>>74159596
Lol, so the fact that you can't prove that the Patriots WEREN'T doing anything shady in secret means that they must have been cheating?

By this logic, every team that has ever won anything in any sport must have been cheating. After all, can you prove that they weren't doing it secretly?
>>
>>74159602
>>74159616
you played yourself samefag
>>
>>74159620
Meant to put that little * thing at the beginning to show I was adding on to my own post.

Either way, can you answer?
>>
Renaming trophies is lame as fuck. Name the COTY award after him or something.
>>
>>74159634
yeah you can name cheater of the year award after belicheck
>>
>>74156043
Because Lombardi dresses sharp,
Belichick dresses like shit.
>>
>>74156043
Belichick lost a super bowl

Based Vince never did and went 3 peat.
>>
>>74156601
Hmm, lets listen to what Marshall Faulk has to say about that first super bowl. Really makes the neurons spin.
>>
>>74156043
I'll tell you in a bit, just want to make sure I'm not being illegally recorded.
>>
>>74159336
>It's exactly what happened.
Goodell went to the trouble of having the tapes destroyed because they were filming in the wrong location. Sure thing, brah.
>>
Belichick should get the last Lombardi, and a new trophy should be made in his name.
>>
>>74156601
Sup/sp/icer
>>
>>74162480
>Goodell went to the trouble of having the tapes destroyed

After he showed them to a ton of reporters...
>>
>>74162440
Marshall Faulk, who lost the Super Bowl, got butthurt and invented a crazy conspiracy theory about why his team lost the Super Bowl. What a shock.

>we wuz super bowl kangz n sheeit man that evil white man belichick stole ours signals man i swear to god man
>>
>>74162545
Wrong. Even Kurt Warner says something was up. Faulk said he had motioned to position they never ran before and somehow the Pats knew exactly where to check to.
>>
>>74156601
Are you just blatantly overlooking that they filmed practices in secret?
>>
>>74162576
See >>74159336
>>
>>74162589
>unverified evidence
They very much did find the equipment that the Patriots used, just not the tapes
>>
>>74162480
This.

Goodell would not have the tapes burnt as soon as he did unless it had something that was substantially serious to the league's future and past.
>>
>>74156043
it will be
>>
>>74162480
>the patriots were filming evil black magic voodoo in a packed stadium during a televised game
>>
>>74162530
>The reporters went back and time and watched Goodell's tapes before he destroyed them.
That's now how it happened. Goodell's copies were destroyed in October of 2007. Reporters were allowed to watch some tapes in 2008.
>>
>>74162545
>>74162573
>>74162576
So I'm pretty sure you've for some evidence for those filmed practices, right?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.