[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JUST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 13

File: C4LfDQzWAAEuSCu.jpg (134KB, 1024x576px)
C4LfDQzWAAEuSCu.jpg
134KB, 1024x576px
JUST
>>
WHY CAN'T WE TAKE THIS COMPETITION SERIOUSLY REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>74142631
>adam chimpout jones
>>
>Adam "gas the kikes" Jones
>>
>2006 was easily the best team we've put together
>finished 8th
>>
>>74142631
Can i get a quick rundown on Adam Jones?
>>
>>74142731
>Some people finally learn baseball exists here
>Get jewed
reeeee
>>
>>74142670
because no 200 millions $ player want to risk injuries for this irrelevant shit?
>>
>>74142789
You lost to fucking England
>>
>>74142799
Right, but like, why? Pogba/Griezmann/Giroud still show up for France at Euros and the WC...
>>
>>74142773
>muh everthing is rayciss
>>
File: what_the_feel.jpg (45KB, 567x510px) Image search: [Google]
what_the_feel.jpg
45KB, 567x510px
>No Tebow
>>
>>74142773
>>74142726
what is this fascination about adam jones?

anyway he's past his prime now, was really good like 3 years ago

>>74142799
but giancarlo stanton is a 300M player, he's always injured anyways though

Machado will be a 300M+ player after this season and he's playing in it
>>
>>74142806
You're an idiot
>>
>>74142838
Yeah, I know. I'm also very drunk. But could you explain, leafbro? I'll post a pic of a pretty girl if you help me out...
>>
>>74142806
Because FIFA is the most powerful and wealthy federation in divegrass, and therefore can fight against the power of the clubs.

Plus, the FIFA is the international governing body reigning over the national federations, so they can fuck them if they don't comply (though the national professional leagues often have a strong independance from the federations, they're still often linked to them).

Also, the WC or Euro have a lot of prestige, so the players are often motivated for those tournaments, and players who perform well during those see their value rising considerably. And as the divegrass' economy is heavily reliant on transferts, they can eventually make a lot of profit from this if their players play well.

The international baseball federation has nothing of these aces in their hands, so they're basically powerless against the MLB.

It's the same for basketball and ice hockey actually, though not as bad as it is for baseball. NBA franchise often "convince" their player to not play for their national teams (except for the Olympics). It's even harder for NHL players, especially since the hockey world cup is played during the NHL season.
>>
>>74142860
>>74143010
Frogbro has you covered
>>
File: C4Lf6MwVUAQlySo.jpg (313KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C4Lf6MwVUAQlySo.jpg
313KB, 1200x1200px
>>74142631
>>
This tournament is run by MLB though. There's no prestige though, baseball has MLB and the world series and nothing else matters.

Still it's largely MLB's fault that this tournament is such a meme, they barely advertise it and don't punish anyone for not playing or anything. They don't really care because they don't need to, MLB is rolling in cash right now. They don't want to risk angering all the rich old white guys who don't give a fuck about international baseball and that make up 90% of MLB fans.

The WBC is still a hell of a lot better than any previous international baseball tournament though, and it's a pretty big deal in some of the asian and latin countries, just not in the US

Maybe in 30 years when the all the oldfags who watch baseball are dead MLB and all the owners will get together and try to actually make a world baseball tournament a success, seems like a pretty good way to grow the game internationally and get casuals in the US interested, casuals like world cups
>>
>>74143359
remarkably mediocre team

pitching staff made up almost entirely of barely above replacement level players, not a single great player anywhere other than maybe Osuna
>>
File: C4LhBb_WcAEvRaz.jpg (142KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
C4LhBb_WcAEvRaz.jpg
142KB, 1024x576px
>>74142631
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>74143552
I'm more amazed about you guys having internet and electricity
>>
>>74143359
>Jaime Garcia

Enjoy that 4 run first inning
>>
File: candle.webm (1MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
candle.webm
1MB, 640x640px
>>74143010
Very reasonable. I have begun to notice this happening in basketball, most notably with the way that the USA's best players essentially ignore the FIBA WC. That's going to lead to a horrible humiliation sooner than later, as foreign countries continue to produce good players (France with guys like Tony Parker, for example).

>>74143266
Damn right he does. Have a qt anyway
>>
>>74143552
I genuinely don't know. I love Venezuela though, one of your people taught my Spanish class in HS and she was the only Spanish teacher I ever had who didn't make fun of my Cuban accent. Also my first and ever blowjob was from a drunk Venezuelan slut who thought I was Venezuelan too (I lied and faked your accent lol).

I hope one day you can become a US state, you seem like wonderful people. Best of luck to you at the WBC, I hope you humiliate our lazy fuckers (both from the USA and from Cuba).
>>
>>74143552
Prado
Altuve
Miggy
Vmart
Cargo
Odubel
Salvy
Inciarte
Escobar

pretty good

pitching is just like mexico's, mediocre as fuck since felix is shit now
>>
>>74143795
If the USA actually gets humilliated at some point, what are the chances they start sending actually good teams for the next WBCs? Like they did with basketball in the olympics.
>>
>>74143764
Very QT, thanks southernbro
>>
File: 1483671335532.png (159KB, 2753x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1483671335532.png
159KB, 2753x1400px
>>74143816
we haven't even made the final in 3 editions of this shit, that's pretty humiliating, except no one watches this so no one cares
>>
File: raspberries.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
raspberries.webm
2MB, 640x640px
I don't know why MLB and the regional networks don't do more to promote the WBC. Haven't they seen what a big boost the World Cup is for soccer's popularity? Aren't they aware that it's the #1 sport for Cubans/Dominicans/Boricuas, and the #2 sport for Mexicans? Or that anglo white Americans will watch for national pride?

There is a massive opportunity here to promote the sport and the league. Baseball has legitimate worlwide appeal. My father and his whole family were born in Cuba. But his cousin played pro ball all over the USA, then went to Japan (world's 3rd largest economy) and played even more. There is massive potential. But they're just ignoring it. I don't understand why.
>>
>Canada had to bring players out of retirement to play

jesus
>>
>>74143816
They've been humiliated 3 straight times

This isn't like USA basketball. No one is gonna risk hundreds of millions of dollars playing in this meme thing unless MLB forces them to do which they won't because MLB also has a stake in these players not getting hurt
>>
>>74143816
>If the USA actually gets humilliated at some point, what are the chances they start sending actually good teams for the next WBCs?

I think 0. It's sad, but I don't think non-latino Americans really care about the WBC. The only people who genuinely seem to care about it are half-latinos like me. The only thing that will convince the US to send good teams is a concerted marketing effort by the owners.

I hope they do. Some of my favorite memories as kid are going to my grandfather's house and watching the Baltimore Orioles (who were decent back then they had Cal Ripken Jr) playing the Cuban national team. It was fun, we were rooting against each other, of course, but it was still fun because were just enjoying baseball together. That's what MLB needs to tap into, that market, that mindset.

If they don't, they will die.
>>
>>74143848
how do people get hurt playing baseball?
>>
3 tigger players, nice
>>
>>74143875
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvf4YUs8Kaw
>>
>>74143875
pitchers are very injury prone, I can understand them not wanting to play, especially since it's a sport of routine and a high level tournament in the middle of march is not what they're used to

but fuck position players who don't go, very little chance they get injured, if they do it's a freak thing

fuck you Trout
>>
>>74143893
lol
>>
>>74143875
Oh man, in all sorts of ways. I played baseball for 15 years (from age 3 to age 18), please bear with my drunk ass as I list them:

-dislocated shoulders sliding into a base (see Jeter in Opening Day against the Jays)
-concussions from collisions at the plate
-hit by pitch
-Tommy John surgery (the boogeyman that scares every pitcher between the ages of 12 and 35)
>regular athletic injuries (sprained ankles, knees, wrists)
>fractured skulls from getting hit as a pitcher
>normal muscle injuries
>broken clavicles from getting hit as any infielder

And many more I probably can't remember. It is a surprisingly dangerous sport, remember that the ball is coming off of that bat at 120 mph.
>>
>>74143913
thats rude
>>
>>74143915
And then there's this shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV-iHSH4rOw
>>
>>74144003
you're right i'm sorry
>>
>>74143915
deGrom once broke his hand cutting off a calf's balls
>>
If you play in the World Baseball Classic you're a POS and should be cut
>>
>>74143359
that's a lot of pitchers
>>
>>74144097
You can have 28 players
>>
>>74144021
Don't feel bad, that's hilarious. I played baseball from the age of 3 to 18, Little League, Travel, High School, AAU, even a Minor League tryout (solely because of my godfather's connection, I was not good enough), was the batboy at my godfather's game, watched Baseball Tonight like every day with my dad....never saw anything like that. It's funny as fuck.

>>74144097
You need a lot of pitchers.
>>
>>74144097
For you
>>
>>74144090
This. Just kill this shitty gimmick already.
>>
>>74143764
>That's going to lead to a horrible humiliation sooner than later, as foreign countries continue to produce good players

That already happened, though. The US team finished 6th in its own WC played in Indianapolis in 2002. Lost again Argentina, Serbia and Spain. That team was a complete joke, and the result of the players not giving a fuck for a dedace after the 1992 Olympics.

Problem is they didn't understood the reasons of this failure and just ran the same program in the 2004 Olympics, just thinking "let's take the best players available" without adressing any of the problem, and obviously it ended the same way, with them loosing against Argentina again, Lithuania and fucking Puerto Rico. Plus a defeat against Italy in a friendly. Now that was the real shock for the US, because even if they don't are about world cups, they care about the Olympics, and a blow the NBA couldn't let to pass as the branded best league in the world. So they finally sorted out their shit.

It was better in the 2006 WC, and they hould have won, but Greece decided to play the best game in their history (and coach K decided to sho his limits too) and upset the US. However, they were on the right tracks and they didn't loose a game since then (even if some games were quite close during the last Olympics, thanks to coack K retarded tactical changes).

also
>(France with guys like Tony Parker, for example)
Parker is done now, m8, but yeah there are some really good youngster coming in the next year. Frank Ntilikina will most likely be a lottery pick in the next draft, and he's already better and won more titles than Parker at the same age.
>>
>>74144206
Actually the problem with 04 was the same with this one
The 03 team which easily won the fiba americas tournament was probably the best collection of talent we had. The 04 team had 2 players from 03. It was basically Tim Duncan and rookie LeBron. That team even had Emeka Okafor who hadn't played a minute in the nba
Basically everyone pulled out
>>
File: 1450167802490.gif (2MB, 432x319px) Image search: [Google]
1450167802490.gif
2MB, 432x319px
>>74143359
>Xorge Carrillo
>Xorge
What the FUCK? That name is central american tier.
>>
>>74143795
thanks senpai
>>
File: 1483595171945.png (314KB, 1920x1109px) Image search: [Google]
1483595171945.png
314KB, 1920x1109px
Reminder china is our team
>>
im going to the miami games
>>
>>74144309
China is never our team you fucking communist.
>>
>>74144351
What if it's RoC china?
>>
>>74144269
Well, I get that some massive players like Garnett, Allen, Bryant or Shaq pulled out, but there was still some good players to use, much more than for any other countries. The US program being a complete shamble was much more of a problem. THey took the same retarded approach they had until now and that failed in 2002, by considering the team as some sort of all-star selection without giving a single fuck about team balance, chemistry, international experience, scouting or differences in rules... I mean, who the fuck in the US selection commitee though it would be a good idea to have Iverson and Marbury as playmakers to manage the game?

Plus, about the rules, US people often have grave misconceptions on the differences between NBA and international rules, and tend to focus on minor ones such as the travel, goaltending or 3pts line which are all irrelevant at this level, and completely forget the real one that makes a hell fucking lot of difference: the absence of defensive restrictions in international basketball (which is a massive game changer for players whose game relies heavily on driving to the basket).
>>
official rosters power rankings

1. DR
2. USA
3. Venezuela
4. Puerto Rico
5. Mexico
6. Japan
7. Netherlands
8. Colombia
9. Canada
10. Korea
11. Israel
12. Italy
13. Cuba
14. Australia
15. Taiwan
16. China
>>
>>74146106
>13. Cuba

take a look back at the 2009 team
there are several major leaguers on that team even though none of us had heard of any of them yet
cuba is top 8 easily
>>
>>74146131
nah man, it's basically the same team that was playing in the caribbean series, there are no elite players there, the closest thing to a good player is cespedes' brother, but he's still very young and not that good yet. It's a team that can barely compete with the other teams of AAA type players that make up those winter league teams

all the talent in cuba is gone, they're all leaving young as fuck now
>>
File: 1476338622424.jpg (197KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1476338622424.jpg
197KB, 1200x900px
>>74144406
>Chinese Taipei
>>
>>74143844
I played little league with one of the minor league guys who made the team, but considering they had to resurrect Gagne and Ryan fucking Dempster, guess that's not saying much
>>
File: 1472799686973.jpg (37KB, 332x512px) Image search: [Google]
1472799686973.jpg
37KB, 332x512px
>>74146106
>6. Japan
>>
>>74146686
none of their mlb pitchers, no otani

the best other pitchers in japan are maybe at the level of maeda, and that's only a few of them, the rest would probably be about replacement level or a bit better in MLB

the best hitters in Japan are probably at the level of ichiro and aoki, maybe slightly better, but unlike the pitchers it's only a couple of them, the rest of the team are probably closer to AAA level, replacement level at best

I'd say them and Mexico are extremely similar, a mostly major league level pitching staff but no one elite, and only a couple of mlb level hitters.
>>
>>74146689
Chris Denorfia doesn't count as "talent"
>>
>>74146767
I agree. That's why we had to elect Trump. Hopefully he finally expels all these nation traitors who hide their allegiances under the pretense of being "American" until it's convenient for them.
>>
>>74146767
USA has other players who are just as good, so it's not a huge loss to not have someone like freddie freeman on the team this year, who chose to play for Canada. Goldy is just as good.

not that I'm saying it's a good thing that the eligibility is so loose, but what you're talking about isn't the problem
>>
>>74146106
best possible rosters power rankings

1. USA

massive power gap

2. DR
3. Venezuela
4. Japan
5. Puerto Rico
6. Cuba
7. Mexico
8. Netherlands
9. Canada
10. Colombia
11. Korea

power gap these countries don't really matter
12. Panama
13. Taiwan
14. Brazil
15. Australia
16. Nicaragua
17. Italy

I thought Cuba was a bit better but looking at their players I don't think they have a single regular MLB pitcher other than Chapman now without Fernandez, maybe Raisel Iglesias. PR doesn't have much either, Edwin Diaz is good, Hector Santiago is kind of shit, a couple other relievers. I gave them the edge because Jose de Leon and Jose Berrios could be really good within the next couple seasons. position player wise they're similarly talented

starting pitching is heavily dominated by USA. Only them, DR, Venezuela, Japan, and Mexico have more than a couple.
>>
File: IMG_20170209_100658.jpg (121KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170209_100658.jpg
121KB, 1024x576px
>>74143844
It's pretty rough
Ryan Dempster might be your ace despite not playing in 3 years
>>
File: bobby.jpg (47KB, 558x564px) Image search: [Google]
bobby.jpg
47KB, 558x564px
>>74148149
>no fergie jenkins
damn shame
>>
>>74142631
>neshek
KEK
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.