[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The catch that saved the Super Bowl.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: perfect catch.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
perfect catch.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
The catch that saved the Super Bowl.
>>
Tied for most clutch catch in Super Bowl history with the Tyree helmet catch. As much as that pains me to say.. pats fan here. Objectively they are equivalent
>>
>>74138922
>Edelman gets all this praise for a luck catch.
>Jones doesn't get shit for what is possibly the most truly skilled sideline grab of the NFL.
>>
>>74138922
The pats actually had a lot of catches they needed to save their Super Bowl.
>>
>>74138944

Post it.
>>
>>74138955
I don't save images, work computer
>>
>>74138941
>1st and 10 versus a 3rd and 5th in the final drive of the super bowl
sorry but tyree's always wins
>>
>>74138995
Giants would have just converted on the next play anyway, the Pats defense was determined to choke that drive
>>
>>74138944
Jones made a Superbowl winning catch then the coaching staff pissed it away with horrible play calling
>>
>>74138941
Tyree is better because of the Eli autism it took just to get the throw off
>>
>>74138922
But not really, it was on a first down, it wasn't a do-or-die play like Trey Flowers sack on Ryan. He could have dropped it, the clock would have stopped, and Brady still had two or three more tries.

It was still an incredible catch, but other plays that game were more clutch because they simply had to happen or it was game over.
>>
>>74138941
Coming from a Pats fan, the Tyree catch was the greater catch. Edelman's catch may have been a crazier catch, but the Tyree catch meant more.That was the play that broke the back of the undefeated patriots. Someone wins the superbowl ever year, but there has only ever been 1 team with the chance of going 19-0, and that catch stopped it.
>>
>>74146841
To me, the 4th and 1 where Brandon Jacobs (I think, it's been a long time) was able to keep the drive going with a second effort push was also big. The Pats defense had a shot at ending the game right there and sealing the 19-0 record but ended up being unable to get off the field...it came back to bite them.
>>
>>74138922
Gimme a quick rundown
>>
>>74138922
How boss were those refs to get that call right in real time also.... It was the falcunts challenging that and wasting their final timeout that very well may have cost them the game
>>
>>74138922
Edelman never had full control of the ball at any point, so not a football move. Pass is incomplete.

coming from a pats fan
>>
>>74138922
this only proves that brady is nothing without his receivers.
>>
So amazing that even Joe Buck sounded enthusiastic.
>>
>>74138944
Wasn't really any different than Santonio Holmes' catch to win SB43
>>
>>74147491
You mean he's not as good as the other QB's that throw AND catch the ball?

Thank you, John Madden.
>>
>>74143030
If he didn't make that catch the game was basically over. Either way that catch was the turning point
>>
>>74138944

no one gives a shit about teams that lose super bowls
>>
>>74143030

The Pats had two do-or-die plays, and that was the two two-point conversions. Had either of those failed, there wouldn't have been a comeback.

In total, it took a lot of things to come together for the comeback to happen, including the turn-over. It's not possible to give one or two players the credit for the comeback; it was a team effort and every player played their part in it.
>>
>>74138944
>Edelman won
>Jones lost
"Ahh whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa" -Mushroom guy from Mario Kart
>>
>>74147694
>If he didn't make that catch the game was basically over
If he doesn't make that catch then it's 2nd and 10 from NE 35 with 2:30 to go and 2 timeouts.

Hightower strip sack was the turning point
>>
File: 1381684109903.gif (2MB, 460x246px)
1381684109903.gif
2MB, 460x246px
>>74146859

If we're going to go that far

You now remember the dropped Asante Samuel interception that would have sealed the game.

You now remember the four fucking defenders that had a chance to sack Eli big on the helmet catch play.
>>
I thought the momentum shift happened on Hightower's strip sack on 3rd and 1. A more important play IMO.
>>
File: 1486366142540.png (460KB, 513x459px)
1486366142540.png
460KB, 513x459px
The *catch

that saved the Super Bowl
>>
>>74149025
why have you circled his hand, friend?
>>
>>74149025
He had control of the before it touched the ground. You do not know the catch rule.
>>
>>74149025
Regardless of the rule, his hand is under the ball and a non-autist would consider it a catch.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.