[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bar bournemouth (who have only recently come good) why is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

File: south-west-map.gif (16KB, 450x353px) Image search: [Google]
south-west-map.gif
16KB, 450x353px
bar bournemouth (who have only recently come good) why is this region so especially shit at football?
>>
Uneducated, rural, retards
>>
>>74122852
My geography of England ain't so good but I'd assume it's because they don't have a huge population concentrated in one place. It's all farmers and caravans down there, right?
>>
>>74122862
they have bristol which is a bretty big city
>>
File: 1093px-Exeter_Chiefs_logo.svg.png (221KB, 1093x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1093px-Exeter_Chiefs_logo.svg.png
221KB, 1093x1024px
>>74122862
This

And its Rugby country
>>
>>74122862

This is probably the closest reason, there isn't anything with enough potential for someone to want to take over a club and throw money at it to make it successful, nearest thing to that I guess would be Bristol Rovers, but then I think Bristol is he biggest city in any of those counties and had 2 teams, the rest is all smaller rural/seaside towns

t. From Somerset
>>
>>74122875
So do you all just support based bournemouth down there?
>>
>>74122852
Bristol is a rugby city, which despite its population means that it's really too small to be a 2 team city for football. They currently have a team in the Championship and one in League 1, stands to reason they'd probably be more similar to Newcastle if they only had one team like them.
>>
>>74122852
They drink cider, like faggots, instead of beer.
>>
>>74122941
Not at all, both the Bristol teams are better supported than Bournemouth, just that Bournemouth had everything come together to get promoted. Bristol City in particular has been shockingly run for the amount of money invested. Rovers are pretty well run at the minute but smaller.
>>
>>74122947
t. hasn't tried proper west country cider
>>
>>74122852
dude there's like 20,000 people total in that region
>>
>>74122960
>canadian education

There's like 430,000 in Bristol alone (7th biggest pop in England), around 3.5 million in the entire region.
>>
File: ShitAtFootball.png (53KB, 330x510px) Image search: [Google]
ShitAtFootball.png
53KB, 330x510px
Why is this region so especially shit at football?
>>
because we're at war
>>
Bristol is mostly interested in rugby and fingering underage girls
>>
Reminder that Matty Taylor deserves to get fucking shot. Stupid cunt, going to watch his team get relegated from the bench.
>>
>>74122975
this was a really simple joke that i didn't think anybody would bother buy Germany comes through
>>
>>74122975
>::::::::::German "humour"::::::::::::
>>
Bar Bournemouth. For a disappointing evening out.
>>
isn't this the part of the country that hits balls around with giant spoons?
>>
>>74123075
i literally have no idea what sport you mean
>>
isn't this the part of the country that chases a cheese wheel down a hill?
>>
>>74122975

England has 12 European Cup/Champion's League wins to Germany's 7
>>
>>74123117
Yes lad
>>
>>74122852
>bar bournemouth (who have only recently come good) why is this region so especially shit at football?- 24 posts and 2 image replies shown.
Shite owners

Swindon were in the prem but look at what the clowns have done to the club
>>
>>74122852
Not much local interest and no large population centres besides Bristol.
>>
>>74123129
>muh 'istory
>>
>>74122968
Its actually closer to 6 million
>>
Do the people look different from that area?
>>
>>74123196
They don't look different. they sound a bit different though
>>
>>74123192
Didn't you mean 6 gorillion?
>>
>>74123196
Yea, they are white unlike the rest of the nation.
>>
Is Bristol a nice city to visit, or to live in for locals? I've only been to London and I'm still traumatized
>>
File: Bristol-Aerial_CREDIT_Paul-.jpg (2MB, 2000x1173px) Image search: [Google]
Bristol-Aerial_CREDIT_Paul-.jpg
2MB, 2000x1173px
Forgot pic
>>
>>74123264
Bristol is lovely. It's kind of like Boston, in that it doesn't feel like a big city, but you can still find pretty much anything you want to do.
>>
>>74123264
I watched American Werewolf in London the other day. All the people in the film were white except 1 black nurse. Its insane to think London was once white.
>>
File: 22.png (748KB, 850x526px) Image search: [Google]
22.png
748KB, 850x526px
>>74123279
Cool, kind of interested in Bristol for some reason and want to take a trip there one day
>>74123282
Yeah exactly, we've been there with English class (only the tourist spots, to be fair) and it wasn't a pleasant experience
>>
>>74123264
brizzle's alright, nice expensive areas, nightlife and the redone bits are great.

Plus all the real shitholes like st pauls are out of the way
>>
File: aa3.jpg (7KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
aa3.jpg
7KB, 206x245px
>>74123196
they all look like this
>>
>>74123360
as if we can all afford parrots
>>
Okay here's the fundamental problems we (wilshire) have
>local teams Swindon/Brizzle/Bath are still quite long trips from most of the county and are relatively expensive for shite sides
>any kid who is remotely promising gets signed by Southampton and is then discarded at 16 when they don't make the cut and then end up in non-league at best
>rugby is probably more popular as a youth sport and it actually had infrastructure with clubhouses and dedicated pitches

Look at Tyrone Mings for the perfect example of a player from here, not saying he's great but he only fucking made it because his own dad signed him for Chippenham.
>>
local planning permission in bristol really hasn't helped in recent years
land is very very expensive compared to other places in the country and there are alot of liberals who hate the thought of turning empty fields into something of actual use for the city
also rovers had a shit owner until 12 months ago, he was a rich builder but not rich enough to own a football club and its losses every year
>rovers have and always will be the pride of the west country
>>
>>74123468
Nobody cares about rovers
>selling your best player so you can afford to tarmac the car park
>>
>>74123264
It's a great place to live, very relaxed and as >>74123279 says it really doesn't have that big city feel. Great community vibe and you're never too far from the countryside. The only real reasons to actually visit Bristol over anywhere else is the underground scene in the nightlife/music in general which is only second to London really and a lot cheaper, if you're a fan of Skins and want to visit the places in the show, or if you're into street art which it has everywhere.

It's a culturally interesting place but there aren't that many 'sites' in the same way as some of the really old towns, Bristol only really became relevant because of the slave trade so it's quite young. Loved my time at uni there though.
>>
>>74123476
We didn't have a choice, it was a release clause we had to give him or he'd have left last summer. To be honest nobody would have begrudged him the move if he'd gone to literally any other club after what he's done for us but going to City is a fucking joke. Not least because they're fucking shit anyway.
>>
>>74123468
>and there are alot of liberals who hate the thought of turning empty fields into something of actual use for the city

unless when it comes the 'gees
>>
>>74123476
>noone cares about rovers
yep that is true outside of the region(south/southwest/wales)
>>
>>74123468
>autistic rovers fan also whines about liberals
of course
>>
>>74123520
Are you claiming it isn't true? Bristol is going the way of London very quickly, all the fancy professional jobs in town will make it impossible for anyone who does a normal job to live there in 10-15 years if they don't allow building on the greenbelt.
>>
>>74123520
obsessed sky sports fan who whines about me
>of course
>>
don't know much about either team but i gotta say that Lee Johnson is a right pillock. I like both the Brizzle teams though and it's a nice place to visit.
>>
why is this region so beautiful compared to unaesthetic mainland europe?
>>
>>74123494
>>74123345
Thanks lads, sounds very good
>>
File: portugal62.gif (48KB, 972x1415px) Image search: [Google]
portugal62.gif
48KB, 972x1415px
We have deserted areas too.
Some districts never had a team in the first tier since the beggining of the championship, over 80 years ago.

Pic related, number of teams per district to have ever played in the 1st tier
>>
>>74123345
St. Pauls is Bristol's Shoreditch, hasn't been shit for ages, its gentrified quite a bit over the last 15 years. The properly shit areas are all on the edge now like Knowle and shit.
>>
>>74123264

Bristol is fucking great, I live about a half hour away but work there and have friends that live in the city, cool nightlife, plenty of good gigs no matter what music you're in to. Can be really expensive to love there depending on the area though. A flat in Clifton will probably cost you £650-£700 per month and that's before bills
>>
>>74123476
he was going to going in the summer on a free but no championship team came in for him
we all thought he had left then he signed so desu any money is better than nothing and he also has scored like 19 goals for us this season(alot of pens)
>>
>>74123655
Porto superior to Lisbon, as always.
>>
File: footie fans.jpg (73KB, 738x415px) Image search: [Google]
footie fans.jpg
73KB, 738x415px
>>74122852

Because they're too middle class

Football is a working class game
>>
>>74122975

Why is this region being so especially BTFO by a drinks company?
>>
Plymouth used to be a decent side
>>
>>74122947
West country cider is like 10% dry and is closer to wine.

It isn't dark fruit.
>>
File: 7.png (254KB, 763x940px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
254KB, 763x940px
why is this region so especially shit at football?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.