[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greatest Coaches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: intermou.jpg (57KB, 738x415px) Image search: [Google]
intermou.jpg
57KB, 738x415px
Any sport is fine. Starting with a European soccer coach to lure in Euro posters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQPFY4EswH4

"One thing is to follow a dream. And another, an obsession. And this is not an obsession, it's just a dream. The players would be very, very proud, to reach the final."-Jose Mourinho
>>
So where do we put Mourinho? Is he a master tactician or is he a master motivator?
>>
>>74120790
Tactician. He needs the locker room to self-motivate.

Inter had Zanetti. Chelsea had the big four (Terry, Lampard, Cesc, Drogba).
>>
>>74120831
I really thought of Mourinho as more of a motivator. He obviously understands tactics, but his greatest strength was the way he'd get players to run through a brick wall for him. Remember when he left Inter, and his players were literally crying in his arms as he left?
>>
>>74120790
he's a master at both but i think he's a better motivator
>>
File: belichick.jpg (39KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
belichick.jpg
39KB, 600x450px
In case foreigners aren't familiar with this guy, he has won 7 American Football Conference and 5 Super Bowls in the past 15 years. And he's done this in a league with a hard salary cap, meaning nobody can "buy the league". Absolutely brilliant coach, even though I hate his guts.

DO.
YOUR.
JOB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veQQ95kbvUU
>>
>>74120918
>when he left Inter, and his players were literally crying in his arms as he left?
gets me every fucking time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8NkRla2JSE
>>
>>74122056
How do you explain his success?
>>
>>74120671
>Mou
>Greatest
>>
>>74122061
I genuinely can't explain it, other than sheer luck and talent. There is the "spygate" myth (look it up, it's bullshit, and even if it wasn't it would only explain 1 of his 5 titles), pushed by people who just hate New England. Other than that, it's hard to understand how he's been so successful, because objectively it shouldn't be possible. His superstar was the 199th pick in the draft. His wide receivers are undersized white jews and hispanics. The team shouldn't be this good, but it still is. It's fucking bizarre.
>>
May as well get the GOAT out of the way

>>74122091
he's certainly one of the greatest, how many coaches have had better careers? one or two?
>>
>>74122091
8 league titles, 2 CL titles, god knows how many domestic cups in 15 years....surely he's up there with the greatest managers.
>>
>>74120918
Inter was special though, he always said it's still his favourite team and the best time of his coaching life
in chelsea (2nd reign) or Real he clashed with key players in the locker room and kind of tarnished his reputation of the great leader that deflects all the blame off the players
because that's what he did at Inter, he used press conferences to get the media talking about him instead of the players

>>74122057
>that fucking fag music
jesus man, that turned an emotional video into a cringefest
>>
>>74122109
Ferguson is probably the GOAT, but do you think he could have adapted to continental football if he left Britain?
managers like Ancelotti and Mourinho won everything everywhere they went, imo they can compete with him based on that alone
it's easier when you and the team you manage are basically one thing
>>
File: 12MDiC8.jpg (28KB, 680x405px) Image search: [Google]
12MDiC8.jpg
28KB, 680x405px
>For us, every match is the most important one
He made polish football great again, he made teams like Germany and Spain afraid of us. His name is Adam Nawałka
>>
James Hird, objectively
>>
>>74122157
he won the SPL with Aberdeen

Not Celtic
Not Rangers
Aberdeen

Assuming he could speak the language yes I do think he couldve adapted. Obviously he benefitted a lot from having 100% backing from United due to his years of success. Players couldn't chimp out or be lazy shits, since if it was between them or the manager the board would back Sir Alex every time. Any manager would benefit from that, Fergie was a bit lucky he got the chance to run a club like that, bu he made the absolute most of it, and that's what makes him GOAT.
>>
Also Trappatoni

>>74122266
>>74122157
I should've mentioned that Mourinho is very young and still has many years left of managing in him, it is a possibility he could become GOAT, but I think itd unlikely
>>
>>74122266
true he did, and what he did in britain is unparalled. he surely is the GOAT british manager
but scottish football is very similar to english football, while on the continent the game is quite different
i just wonder whether he'd have adapted or not
>>
Belichick is unarguably the best coach in NFL history and I personally think he is also the all-sports GOAT
>>
Where does Guardiola fit in? No memeing pls
>>
>>74121774
>master motivator
Just IMAGINE you were a world class footballer and you had to watch your manager throw a hissy-fit on the sidelines like a petulant child. He's past it.
>>
Van Gaal
>>
File: JUSTHIRD.jpg (73KB, 940x705px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTHIRD.jpg
73KB, 940x705px
>>74122171
Trip on RC
>>
File: tortorella.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tortorella.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
>>
Dude turned a bunch of cavemen into WC champions. He was the one that made Maradona what he was in '86.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E_-9yt3YlSw

Love him or hate him, but this guy would literally kill just to see Argentina win a friendly game.
>>
>>74120790
he's both. he also has other skills he masters.
>>
File: IMG_1123.jpg (29KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1123.jpg
29KB, 534x401px
This short motherfucker singlehandedly ruined the SEC and now no top coach wants to coach in the conference.
>>
>>74122157
>Ferguson is probably the GOAT, but do you think he could have adapted to continental football if he left Britain?

It's a good question. I think his only trouble would be the language barrier. He doesn't know Italian and Spanish and only speaks a little French. If he could overcome that, I don't think he'd have any problems. I don't think any manager in the history of football was able to elevate players as well as he did. He's also always surrounded himself with good coaches that he could delegate to. And if anything, by the end of his career, he was developing deeper relationships with continental players than he was with British players. He became a legitimate father figure to the likes of Ronaldo, Evra, Pique.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgsPY_9Oh1E
>>
File: Arrigo2.jpg (131KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
Arrigo2.jpg
131KB, 600x402px
THIS BALD CUNT REINVENTED FOOTBAL AND BASICALLY YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID
CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW
>>
>>74123356

Wasnt Sacchi the one who BTFO Pep's Guardiola tiki taka predecessor,Cryuff or was that Capello?
>>
>>74123363
That was Capello, who should posted ITT too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd3jzD-3tLY
Sacchi won two consecutive CL tho
>>
File: 240px-Ernst_Happel_1978b.jpg (11KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
240px-Ernst_Happel_1978b.jpg
11KB, 240x320px
This guy won a CL final by moving a striker some meters to the left
GOAT of all time if you ask me
>>
>>74123363
Pep's Guardiola tiki taka predecessor was Sacchi himself
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.