[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the Dust has settled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

File: ATL BLEACHED.png (249KB, 1009x946px) Image search: [Google]
ATL BLEACHED.png
249KB, 1009x946px
What went wrong?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JwYL2HfS7s
>>
>>74116542
They adopted the barves' method of clinching a playoff game
>>
>>74116542
>what went wrong
you know what fucking went wrong you mongoloid fuck we got COLONIZED on live tv thats what
>>
Defense was gassed and Kyle Shanahan is a fucking idiot.
>>
Some luck, some bad play calls, and some penalties that could have gone either way or could not have been called at all.

The perfect storm basically.
>>
File: fatlady.jpg (38KB, 299x315px) Image search: [Google]
fatlady.jpg
38KB, 299x315px
they saw the fat lady sing at halftime and thought it was over
>>
>>74116542
You guys needed two more runs two more times and kick it, but got greedy and wanted to pass.
>>
>>74116542
Kyle Shanahan is extremely talented, he was smart enough to let the press drum up hype about the passing game only to come out of the gate shoving the ball down their throat in the run. And the patriots had holes that their easy schedule had concealed. They got exposed on a lot of fronts, namely their Oline wasn't great, they couldn't run the ball and they had no offensive weapons without Gronk. So it basically falls on White, Amendola and Edelman, with White the only one who had a good game.

Pats D was no joke at least but they're simply up against the best offense in the league. Eventually Matt Ryan was gonna start tearing up the secondary.

But they forgot that Bill Belichick is too good of a coach to not make half time adjustments. The Falcons are a passing team and you can't fool Bill with the run forever. They didn't realize until it was too late that the Patriots had used their time of possession to wear out the Falcons defense. They didn't have a penalty issue with the players before and overestimated their ability to keep it down.

And most of all Kyle Shanahan, on the biggest stage of his career, panicked. He'd finally realized they'd been too conservative during the second half and allowed the Patriots to come back. With two minutes left he should not have risked a sack for a loss but he was shook and thought Matt Ryan was gonna convert like how he'd been doing all night. But if Matt Ryan was that man, he'd have a ring by now, and he wasn't that man, and so the Falcons punted. Game winning drives in the super bowl take a mental toughness and the falcons are too young of a team to will themselves across the finish line or make the right playcall.

Belichick and Brady were handed the exact same situation: convert or lose. And Brady is that man. Game was over the second that march started.
>>
>>74116580

This. I'm curious if 49ers fans are looking forward to getting him as head coach now. I guess he can't be worse then Chip Kelly.

>Falcons may hire Chip Kelly as new OC

Just fuck my fucking life. Why can't we have nice things Falconbros?
>>
>>74116625
Lol, for fuck's sake how hard is it to do some cardio and ab exercises?
>>
Shoop 5 rings onto that hand.
>>
>>74116542
Why didn't Ryan audible into a run after the Jones catch? He's the fucking MVP, surely he had some run audible saved?
>>
>>74117094
i know

she had 5 months to get ready for it, she should've either planned a different wardrobe or done something about it. that was just depressing
>>
>>74117013
This is a surprisingly good analysis
>>
>>74117239
He wanted to seal the deal himself - no humility
>>
>>74116542

White people.
>>
>>74117013
Kyle Shanahan is a goddamned hack who I don't even have to wish failure upon, as incompetence and bumbling are characteristics so intrinsically tied to his being and decision-making that he is guaranteed to squander offenses wherever he goes. He has always started a season strong and failed to make adjustments thereafter, and on the biggest stage of his career, his play calling, zone blocking and passing play calling almost singly-handedly was the linchpin to the unraveling. His stubborn ego and behind the scenes behavior has been outlined by Roddy Write, RG3 and a litany of other players, yet he is still employed because of his father's namesake. He's about as competent as Cam Cameron, and he deserves to have rotten food thrown at him at every forthcoming 49ers game.
>>
>>74116580
>Shanahan

Dan Quinn was the dumbass who should've told him to only run.
>>
File: pepepe.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
pepepe.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>74116625
>>74117094
>This is what bitter virgins consider "fat"
>>
File: Trump winning.jpg (28KB, 480x662px) Image search: [Google]
Trump winning.jpg
28KB, 480x662px
They weren't Trump's team
>>
>>74116634
If there was a single decision that lost the game it was this. I turned to my wife and said "now they're gonna run...wait what?"
>>
>>74117013
>thought Matt Ryan was gonna convert like how he'd been doing all night

ATL was 1 of 8 on 3rd down conversions. Ryan was 1/4 with 4 sacks. That includes 5 3 and outs (and a 5 and out) in the 2nd half.

In the 2nd half, after getting the 28-3 lead, ATL only ran 13 plays and 5 were runs. In the 2nd half, Atl ran 10 times for 17 yards total, with NE run blitzing.

The issue was Atl ran 45 plays and NE ran 96. As SI said, Atl's defense played one and a half games because their offense couldn't stay on the field.
>>
The refs made unfair calls
>>
>>74117239
ATL doesn't do audibles. The Kubiak/Shanahan tree don't allow audibles (except an exception for Peyton).

Also, most of the time there was a no back formation, so no one to run it.
>>
>>74118997
Interesting. So that's just the way they run their system? No freedom whatsoever for the QB? A little stubborn, but it seems to work well anyways.
>>
>>74117013

Retarded meme-tier analysis.
Matt Ryan made an insane pass to Julio to convert.
He didn't choke, he got sacked because Freeman didn't pick up a block. Unless Brady can dematerialize at will he would have got crushed on that same play too. Then the holding call.
Matt Ryan isn't why they had to punt.
>>
File: edlegoat.png (1MB, 1273x604px) Image search: [Google]
edlegoat.png
1MB, 1273x604px
God is a Patriots fan
>>
>>74121651
t. Hillary voter
>>
shit city
shit franchise
shit logo
shit uniforms
shit owners
shit management
shit staff
shit players
shit stadium
shit fans
>>
>>74121695

nah dude

he called you on your bullshit and you know it
>>
>>74117788
>Cam Cameron
LSU fan here, never mention that fucking name ever again.
>>
>>74121651
matt ryan made a terrible pass that was bailed out by julio
>>
>>74121714
>shit logo
>shit uniforms
you have shit taste

THE FALCON IS IN THE SHAPE OF AN F
>>
>>74117975
t. Fatty
>>
nothing, it all went down as planned
>>
Pushing the Pats to 3 and out 3 times in a row to give up a stupid penalty 3 times in a row to give the Pats a first down 3 times in a row didn't help.
Neither did getting sacked. Ice = Melted
>>
>>74121827
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>74121846
>Pushing the Pats to 3 and out 3 times in a row to give up a stupid penalty 3 times in a row to give the Pats a first down 3 times in a row didn't help.
Wasn't that the drive that ended with the Brady pick 6?
>>
>>74121879
Shit, probably. I don't remember. It was early afternoon and I was pounding the liquor pretty hard.
The Failcons could've wrapped it up but they failed to capitalise and Tim Brody showed his mettle.
>>
>>74121831

What is the evidence that it was a "terrible pass?"
They make that pass and catch routinely.
>>
>>74121879
Yes. The penalties gave the Pats an extra 8 or 9 offensive plays, then the pick 6, then right back out on defense again. Overall, ATL 19 offensive plays in the first half, NE had 40. Normal for an entire game is around 60.

By the end, NE had 96 plays and 40 minutes possession. ATL had 45 plays. Guess which defense fell apart and which was getting stops.

The Falcons defense helped fuck themselves with those penalties, causing the 4th quarter collapse.
>>
Babby schedule + A A Ron getting the flu for championship game = undeserved sky-high expectations
>>
>>74116542
>answering anything besides terrible playcalls and the largest ever disparity in number of plays
>>
>>74124391
Toughest schedule in the league is for babbys, huh?
>>
>>74117094
Lets see your 6pack pal
>>
>>74116542
Did they think they already won in that 28-3 situation? Anyways meltdown of a century.
>>
>>74124622
you basically saw why "not playing the score" isn't just a cliche meme. 28-3 was always a bit out of whack and not really a fair reflection of the game, and when you look at the box-score there's almost nothing to point to as far as Atlanta actually outplaying the Pats, even though they were in total control, with Ryan having a near perfect passer rating. truly one of the strangest games i can ever remember
>>
File: what me worry.jpg (36KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
what me worry.jpg
36KB, 600x398px
>>74116634
>not accessing the beast name Julio

that's like putting away the BFG because you want to be remembered for "finesse"
>>
>>74124772
wow, even after they win patsfags are salty. atlanta was clearly outplaying the pats for the vast majority of that game. i didn't lost any confidence in the falcons winning until hightower's strip sack. they were manhandling your shit ass lucky ass team.
>>
>>74124772
see, if peyton manning were playing, he'd know what he was dealing with and try to kill brady off for good, but the falcs thought, oh, that's a nice comfy lead, not knowing that brady is like an android, lacking in emotion, and will simply return to producing yardage and scores no matter the deficit or the time left

i exaggerate for emphasis but to underestimate brady and an elite team is just digging your own grave
>>
>>74124822
>atlanta was clearly outplaying the pats for the vast majority of that game

t. retard
>>
>>74124859
this is what i love about you guys. patriots fans, i mean. for as bad as that loss must have been for falcons fans you're still salty about the finer details.
>>
>>74124772
3rd down conversions.
ATL was 1/8, with 4 sacks.

Ryan's passer rating looks good, but he couldn't do anything on 3rd down, killing his defense.
>>
>>74124822
>atlanta was clearly outplaying the pats for the vast majority of that game

Evidenced by Atlanta giving up almost 600 yards.
Evidenced by NE and ATL having about the same yardage at halftime.
Evidenced by giving up 37 first downs, a playoff record and only 3 less than the regular season record.
Evidenced by their 104 yards rushing (same as NE).
Evidenced by "#7 offense of all time!!1!" scoring 21 points and only converting 1 3rd down in the entire game.
Evidenced by the Pats breaking 20 or 25 records in the game.

ATL got 2 turnovers in the first half, but they weren't dominating anyone. NE was moving up and down the field, then fucking up. The only difference in the 2nd half was NE stopped fucking up.
>>
>>74116542
Defense
>>
>>74125077
they weren't fucking up, they were getting stripped, and stuffed, and beat the fuck down.
>>
If Ryan knew the play call was shit when he was in field goal range, why didn't he just take the field goal himself? All he had to do is drop kick it over the sticks.
>>
>>74118989
>28-3
Literally no excuse for that, there may have been some questionable calls/noncalls but not 31 unanswered points worth. Falcons choked like they always do, Patriots came in clutch like they always do. I knew the falcons weren't winning this game unless they went up 35-3
>>
>>74121835
they seriously look like an arena football team lmao
>>
>>74125114
And your asshole took 31 inches. "beat the fuck down" is absolutely delusional.
>>
>>74121835
Logo is ok but those uniforms are try-hard early 2000's wannabe-Oregon shit tier
>>
>>74125188
there were multiple series where the pats couldn't even get past the line of scrimmage. and every time they got something going atlanta had an answer for them. the CBs were playing excellent coverage, aside from the penalties of course. and the offense didn't need to convert third downs, with how quickly they were moving the ball. that was a high powered offensive attack you witnessed, you slant eyed bastard.
>>
>>74124859
about half the game, actually; it started to turn around after halftime, and it was so gradual the falcons didn't realize it
>>
>>74125237
And yet both teams had 200 yards of offense, fucking racist.
t. Iowa Hawkeye
>>
>>74125388
that doesn't matter if one team has three touchdowns and the other has none. and the patriots were trailing by over 100 yards at one point.
>>
>>74125434
ATL wasn't stopping NE at any point. NE led in off. plays 40-19 in the 1st half. The difference was NE fucking up...fumble, pick 6, missed assignments, dropped passes. When NE stopped fucking up, the points rolled in.
>>
Does this team even have fans outside blacks in Georgia? All white Georgians seem to only care about the Bulldogs and view ATL as a zoo.
>>
>>74125500

until the end of this season blacks in Atlanta wore Cam Newton jerseys cause he's one of them
>>
>>74117975
>celebrity given 5 months to prepare for literally the most viewed event in western civilization
>cannot be bothered to burn off muffin top

no excuse
>>
>>74117094
... he says as he licks his fingers clean of Doritos Cool Ranch flavor.
>>
the refs handed the cheatriots the game and no one will ever be able to convince me otherwise
>>
>>74116625
I know she's a disease infested whore, but I'd fuck Lady Gaga without a condom 24/7 if I could
>>
Brady and Bill were playing 4D chess all along. They knew that whenever they are big favorites like against the Giants they end up losing but when they're underdogs or evens like against Seahawks they are able to come back big and so Bill and Brady purposely fucked up in order to make the Patriots the underdogs.
>>
File: Zeke feeling it.jpg (48KB, 710x920px) Image search: [Google]
Zeke feeling it.jpg
48KB, 710x920px
>>74116542

You gotta feed that back

Also they didn't capitalize on the 7 or so balls that were easily interceptable

So, bad coaching and not taking advantage of opportunities
>>
>>74128933
wait wait wait...?

people should be looking to heinstead of hearing?

sory m8, gaga can be as fat as she want because she is ugly as fuck, no reason to burn that belt whatsoever
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.