[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just rewatched the superb owl. What the fuck was his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: quinn-fg.jpg (72KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
quinn-fg.jpg
72KB, 640x400px
Just rewatched the superb owl.

What the fuck was his problem?

Falcons were up by 8 points and 4 minutes were left in game, plus they were in field goal range.

They went for a pass play and Ryan got sacked.

They went for a pass play again and got called for holding, pushing them back even more.

Why the fuck didn't this idiot just have them run the ball on all 3 downs if you're already in field goal range.

They would have been up by 11 points with like 2 minutes left in the game and then the Patriots would have to get a touchdown, 2pt conversion, onside kick recovery and a field goal just to tie it.
>>
>>74107147
because a 53 yard field goal is not an easy shot, even for a professional kicker...
>>
>>74107147
Probably panic, exacerbated by inexperience.

It's classic Patriots football. The other team fails to play optimally and gets crushed. (Cf. Seahawks-Patriots SB)
>>
>>74107147

didn''t expect to be up by that much and it threw off the coaching staff's game plan
>>
>>74107262
This.
Hell look at their final possession, they were in full on panic mode. They had no fucking clue what to do and it was super obvious.
>>
>>74107175

wat?

easy might be a stretch, but I'd wager every kicker in the NFL should be able to hit at least 2/3 53 yarders
>>
>>74107147
Because it's scripted. I refuse to believe anyone is stupid enough to make that call there.
>>
>>74107351
regular season 50+ yards
85-150 (56%)
>>
File: Replacements - Heart![2].jpg (35KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
Replacements - Heart![2].jpg
35KB, 400x280px
>>74107147
>Patriots had more heart
>>
is there anywhere i can watch it?
>>
>>74107262
But he was the defensive coordinator for the 2014 season when they decided to throw instead of run against The Patriots on the goal line. It's not inexperience, it's pure stupidity.
>>
>>74107351
Not everyone is Matt Prater
>>
>>74107372
I've been saying this as well. I never want to believe that any game could ever be planned, but the second half of that game was like watching a completely different game with all different players and coaches. I just find it incredibly hard to believe that someone who has managed to make it to the NFL as a coach doesn't know to play it safe and kick a field goal in that situation
>>
>>74107496
They were fucking tired. They played too hard for 2 2/3 quarters with blitzes on most defensive plays and outside runs being the predominant ball-moving plays, which is the most "stretch your team thin" style of playing. I'm surprised they kept it up for as long as they did, but I'm also really impressed. Those guys have some fucking endurance. They played in a way that was unsustainable, then got worn out and made mistakes. Classic rope-a-dope setting up for the K.O.
>>
>>74107420
Brought on by panic. Probably thinking, "Oh fuck, notagainnotagain."
>>
>>74107496

>>74107616
This. Look at the time of possession:

>NE 40min 31sec
>ATL 23min 27sec

They could not keep up that pace. Plus, their defense didn't adjust. It look almost the whole damn game, but Brady figured out their coverage scheme. Couple that with the more important tired ass players, and game over.
>>
>>74107175
They were at the 23 yard line, this would've been a 40 yard kick.

Bryant was 31/32 on kicks from <50 this season
>>
>>74107381
>>74107458
It would be more likely than that to hit the kick since the Super Bowl is always played in a dome. There's no snow, wind or anything of the like to make it harder.
>>
>>74107676
>It look almost the whole damn game, but Brady figured out their coverage scheme
It wasn't that, Atlanta played it safe and stoped pressuring Brady. He had all day to make throws because he didin't get any pressure. In the first halve you can seehow uncomfortable he was all the time.
>>
>>74107147
Just watch a replay of the part when New England got their second field goal. As soon as it went through the posts it cut straight to Quinn and he had his hands on his head in disappointment despite still leading by 16 points.

Look at Matt Ryan after the Edelman catch, desperately making 'no good' gestures with his freakish Lanky Kong arms.

The Atlanta Falcons are BORN losers. I hope Julio Jones manufactures a trade elsewhere for the sake of his career.
>>
This game was just like the Rose Bowl between Penn State and USC. In both games, had the team with the lead made just one smart play, they would have won. Instead, they kept trying to force what worked to get them the lead, but was wasn't working at the moment.
>>
Inexperienced mistakes, same with the ryan fumble that gave patriots possession that lead to a td, just don't lose the football, throw it away or go down but don't lose it. Just inexperience in that position.
>>
>Seacucks should have ran the ball
>Falcucks should have ran the ball

It's like poetry
>>
>>74107175
If they ran the ball three times they would get some yards, plus they might have even gotten a 1st down.
>>
>>74107676
i think Ryan's first SB, plus the bizarre circumstances of going over an hour without a snap, had a big impact on their rhythm/mentality as well
>>
>>74107147

Hello, fellow Bahamasfag. Please learn2football

Patriots would have beaten that soft-ass, easy-to-tire team in any scenario

Fuck everyone who didn't believe in my Pats

https://twitter.com/StevenHilton28/status/828464145108459520
>>
>>74107147
goodell gave him a quick call
>>
File: 1470799207328.png (329KB, 422x407px) Image search: [Google]
1470799207328.png
329KB, 422x407px
>>74107147
Freeman was having a good game too.

Seahawks and now the Falcons have both botched finishes against the Patriots.

Shit's funny.
>>
But the match didn't start at that point. If he played it safe like you suggest they would probably never lead 20-0 in the first place. Everything happens at the margin.
>>
>>74107147
it's unbelievable how they threw the game. you can praise the patriots all you want, but holy shit did the falcons staff throw. what were they thinking?
>>
>>74108292
If they completed a pass the would have gotten some yards too...

point is, from where they WERE, it was a 53 yard kick. they could have ran it 3 times and lost yards.
>>
>>74107175
>>74107351
>>74107381
>>74107458
It was first and 10 at the 22 yard line, that's about a 40 yard FG attempt, assuming they don't gain any yards on 3 runs.

>>74107616
They being tired doesn't really matter in this scenario. Just run it. Kneel. Who gives a fuck? They mismanaged the clock horribly, not even Andy Reid would have fucked this one up.

>>74109853
No they weren't, dipshit.
Julio stepped out of bound at the 22 yard line.
>>
>>74109853
Ball was like on the 23/ 22.

Endzone is 10 yards, so 33 yards plus the kicker backs up like 7 yards for the kick. So that would have been like around a 39/40 yard field goal + they're indoors so no wind or weather.
>>
>>74107147
they didn't lose the game in that possession

they lost in overtime
>>
>>74107496
i never get this, if the game was scripted, why wouldn't the nfl script it better by not letting the falcons in fg range in the first place?
>>
>>74111578

It was very brilliant scripting for that Edelman catch. Impressed with the anti-gravity tech they have installed in the balls. Hopefully the big lizardman reveal is next year.
>>
>>74111534
lol
>>
>>74107388
there's a thing nowadays called teh internet
>>
>>74107175
Matt Bryant can kick a 53 yarder easily, he was 6/8 on 50+ yards (long of 59) and 9/9 on 40-49 yards this year. If they had ran it they would have almost certainly brought it under 50 yards.
>>
>>74107309
Well they'd already wasted all of their time outs, then Ryan's throwing five yard passes to the middle of the field.
>>
>>74107147
howd u rewatch it
>>
>>74107616
Yeah, the defense had a reason to be tired, but the offense did nothing to sustain drives in the 2nd half, or eat time off the clock.
>>
File: Musashi.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Musashi.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
>>74107175
Top kek
>>
>>74111578

What the fuck are you talking about? It's much more dramatic/exciting to have a team in fg range then blow it.

I think it's bullshit that this game was rigged but your sense of the exciting/dramatic is awful.
>>
Where/how do I rewatch the owl?
>>
>your team goes back to being the laughing stock of the NFC South and league
>0-2 all time in Super Bowls
>Brees still hasn't retired
How do I end this feeling?
>>
>>74113933
same
>>
i merely downloaded the super bowl from a website
>>
>>74113922
So 48 meters isn't an insane shot?
No sarcasm seriously asking
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.