[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suppose, hypothetically, somebody wanted to get into the habit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

Suppose, hypothetically, somebody wanted to get into the habit of watching and following European association football. How would one go about learning about the sport, and which leagues should one pay the most attention to?
>>
>>74104159
Top 4 leagues are Premier League (England) La Liga (Spain) Bundesliga (Germany) and Serie A (Italy). Bundesloga and Serie A are each dominated by one team so you can ignore them for the most part. La Liga has the two best teams in the world right now (Barcelona and Real Madrid) and the best player (Messi) and the best top four (those two teams + Sevilla and Atletico Madrid) but aside from Games involving those teams it's also kind of boring. Premier League is overall worse which makes it more competitive so go to (((reddit))) soccer streams and look for the English teams. The biggest competition (Champions League) is about to begin. It's basically a tournament of the best teams from the Europe's top leagues. Just Google the league and you'll see a list of fixtures
>>
Try to watch the English league as well as the Champions League, whose knockout stage begins in a week. Learn about the offside rule and the basic formations and positions.
>>
>>74104216
>Top 4 leagues are Premier League (England) La Liga (Spain) Bundesliga (Germany) and Serie A (Italy)
Primeira Liga>>>Serie A to be honest with you
>>
>>74104216
>>74104258
Thank you both for the help. When does the season typically end?
>>
>>74104472
Depends on the league. Football isn't like NFL where's it's a tournament, kind of. The league it self is a round Robin, though each league has a cup tournament as well. La Liga for example will finish in May and will start again in August, but the Champions League final will be played in June.
>>
>>74104466
How many of their teams go to the CL?
>>
>>74104521

>>74104472
National Leagues end in May
Champions League in late May/first day of June
The Summer tournament where national teams play is played in June/July. In 2017 that tournament will be the Confederations Cup, it isn't that important
>>
>>74104472
There's also some one offs like the UEFA Super Cup (which is the winners of the Champions League and Europa League)
>>74104585
And when was the last time they won?
>>
File: fag and whine.gif (3MB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
fag and whine.gif
3MB, 350x250px
>>74104159
1. move to seattle
2. buy a scarf in your new "favorite team since i was born" colors
3. practice chants and a fake accent
>>
File: 1472407439213.jpg (58KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472407439213.jpg
58KB, 960x720px
>>74104515
>>74104585
Wow. So these guys don't take any extended breaks?
>>
Learn how to relax your jaw muscles and don't forget to breathe.
>>
>>74104613
>>
>>74104621
It's not like concussion ball where it has a real toll on your body. Plus these guys on average make a lot more so it's worth it.
>>
Bump for more tips to get into sawker.
>>
>>74104159
Well to learn about the sport, even if it sounds stupid, I'd play FIFA or sth. The rules are not hard and just by playing I think you'll get most of them, like offside and so on.

The best matches are played in the Champions League, which is starting again next week, so I'd watch those, apart from the advices about the European Leagues that were already given.
>>
File: 1479391715774.gif (763KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1479391715774.gif
763KB, 500x275px
>>74104159
First, you need to know that there is only one (1 !) break when you can refill your Coca-Cola Zero™ and your bag of Doritos™ unlike other sports in your country.
So you need to pack gears for 45min and then you have 15 minutes to repack for another 45minutes

Be prepared burger
>>
>>74107071
Now I really wanna watch a football game with Coca-Cola and Doritos.

Fuck.
>>
>>74107009
It's not like Spain is the greatest ever sawker country.
>>
>nobody recommending Europa League if only for the reduced concentration of plastic
>>
>>74104621
one month holidays, just like any other regular people.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.