[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was worse. This or tonight's game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: choke.jpg (11KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
choke.jpg
11KB, 450x300px
What was worse. This or tonight's game?
>>
>>74102755

canada plz go

not my fault the cfl is so boring
>>
>>74102755
I rooted for atlanta and that was way worse. Do you think tom "5 fucking rings" brady or the pats fanbase gives a shit anymore?
>>
Nobody outside of New York cares about 18-1 anymore since its literally the one bargaining chip they have this century against Boston
>>
>>74102785
todays game was worse i mean
>>
18-1

The ratio of super bowls New England will have to Atlanta
>>
>>74102755
It's pretty equivalent.
>>
>>74102816
you have to go the other way otherwise the ratio will be undefined
>>
In the history of the NFL playoffs, teams were 93-0 when leading by 19 points or more. Until Sunday.
>>
Neutral fan trying to be as biased as one can be in the polarized world we live in

>giants played the patriots hard as fuck in week 17
>giants defense matched up well against pats
>Helmet of God
Yeah, the Pats were going for perfection so it does constitute a choke (people forget tht analysts were pretty evenly split), but the game itself was close

>leading by 25 points with 20 minutes to play
>give up 31 unanswered points
>offense and defense collapse 100%
>only have to kick a FG to basically win the game
>get sacked twice and penalized
It doesn't really compare. The falcons had like a 99% chance of winning

In my book the Warriors and the Falcons beat 18-1 in terms of choke
>>
>>74102755
Trump Bowl by a mile. The 16-0 component of 18-1 really is a historic accomplishment, and the Owl was competitive from start to finish. Trump Bowl on the other hand was an unprecedented choke, at least for the Owl. The biggest come back prior to tonight was a ten point deficit and New England almost tripled it; they played like dog shit for over half the game, and it's not like they were perfect during the come back.

The 18-1 game was Eli's Giants playing the game of their lives and vanquishing a worthy opponent, and regardless of the outcome the loser had nothing to be ashamed of. Tonight was like 30% Pats eliteness 70% Falcons choke.
>>
the Atlanta Falcons blew a 25 point lead -- in the 2nd Half -- in the Superb Owl

That is forever. never forget
>>
I would say about equal

Brady is definitely redeemed at last
>>
18-1 was a hard fought game. It's a huge choke because of the circumstances outside of the game. Within the game, it was two evenly matched teams going at it. One made more plays.

Whereas the Falcons game was one team getting out to a huge lead, and have a meltdown of epic proportions in the biggest moment.

>>74103063
No. Only way to undo 18-1 is 19-0 over Eli.
>>
18-1 or 93-1?
>>
Right now it feels like today was the bigger choke, but years from now it will still be 18-1. Perfect season on the line, double digit favorites going into the game, and in the end you get cucked by a literally who receiver and the most autistic Manning. And it literally happened AGAIN a few years later. Today was bad, but you could sense it might happen once Atlanta's clock management went pant-on-head retarded in the 2nd half.
>>
>>74102755
18-1 is the 7-1 of football. It will never be unmemed

The Falcons aren't some dominant dynasty so them choking it away isn't as big (although it was still fucking embarrassing)
>>
>>74102973
>falcons had like a 99% chance of winning

it made no sense how they lost
no fucking sense
>>
losing a 25 point lead is the 5th worst choke in NFL history, regular season or postseason.

It's the third worst postseason choke and the worst superb owl choke ever

18-1 sucked but that was 2 rings ago
>>
>>74103118
This, Falcons were always the underdog and weren't dominant for years or for the entire season even.

Patriots were already a consistently good team before 18-1, and everyone expected them to go 19-0. Blowing that is way worse because it was about legacy instead of a single superbowl
>>
>>74103118
>And it literally happened AGAIN a few years later
That's irrelevant to comparing tonight with 18-1. If you want to say the Pats are bigger chokers than the Falcons in general then sure use that, but I don't think anyone's making that argument.
>>
18-1, easily. Brady is the only winner today, and everyone knows he does not deserve the praise.
>>
File: 1486132639953.jpg (214KB, 658x595px) Image search: [Google]
1486132639953.jpg
214KB, 658x595px
>>74102755
>NFL playoff teams that are leading by 17+ points in the 4th quarter were 124-0 before tonight
>they are now 124-1

>124-1

let that sink in and then wonder how much your little "18-1" bullshit really means.
>>
18-1 isnt as bad cause it had eli manning, the greatest superbowl qb of all time.

this was a flat out choke.
>>
>>74103230
Falcons literally had 80/1 odds to win the Super Bowl before the season. Only 4 other teams had worse odds. Would have been one of the biggest Cinderella stories if they won, but nah.
>>
>>74103037
And that was with 8:30 left in the third too. Even in the beginning of the third the Patriots went 3 and out and Atlanta put up another touchdown.
>>
>>74103636
>25 points ahead
Patriots are the cinderella
>>
>>74103136

They had a 99.5% chance of winning in the 3rd quarter.
It's the worst loss of all time.
>>
>>74102755
18-1 was worse

Falcons fuck up a lot man

Just look at that lions game and that was THIS year
>>
>>74103118
Problem is with patriots winning tonight EVERYONE will forget about those 2 Eli bowls and deflate gate and spy bowl. That's why tonight killed football for most fans with a brain.
>>
>>74103137
>Matt Ryan is the starting QB
there's your answer
>>
File: Stats.jpg (54KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
Stats.jpg
54KB, 750x573px
>>74102973
>>74103137
>falcons had like a 99% chance of winning
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.