[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Euros actually watching and enjoying the Super Bowl here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

Any Euros actually watching and enjoying the Super Bowl here?

I have a question:
How on earth do you enjoy this shit? How is 5 seconds of "action" and 2 minutes commercial breaks in between going on for 3 fucking hours entertaining?
Even the action itself is absolute garbage - players carrying out the coach's orders like mindless chess figures, no improvisation, no actual highlights, nothing. "Wow he just won 20 yards, what a fucking hightlight, now here have a Budweiser commercial"

Someone please explain to me what the appeal of this fucking garbage is.
>>
Basically it's like soccer - a mostly boring exercise with a few worthwhile moments - if soccer players would stop crying for their mummy everytime an opponent so much as breathes in their direction.
>>
Because they pretend to be cool by watching that shit. It's like the euro fedora.
>>
Redzone.

Next thread.
>>
Well if you're too stupid to understand the sport ofc it won't entertain you.
Learn the basics and get an understanding, just like any sport.
>>
The start/stop nature of the game is just how it is. If it wasn't for commercials you'd just be watching the players standing around awkwardly in a huddle which is just as boring. If you don't like the format then the sport isn't for you, but don't try and claim that football is any better if you want "action". It's just walking around for 90 minutes and hoping someone gets a single goal so it doesn't end 0-0 again.

>watching handegg or divegrass
>>
I unironically enjoy watching football. Every sport has its upsides and downsides.
>>
I won't be watching because a) I have to be awake at 6am monday morning and b) it's a shit sport and I have no desire to watch it
>>
you have to have something else to do in the downtime, i am usually studying while watching nfl matches
and like with every single other sport in the universe its only enjoyable if you understand it at least on a basic level. watch a few games and youll get the hang of it
im also watching the sb with a few friends and its incredibly fun that way, you can talk a lot about the game in the breaks and shoot the shit, highly recommend
>>
Best way I can explain it to divegrass fans is a imagine every play is a set piece. No shit people aren't running around, it takes 30 or so seconds for the coach to call the play, the quarterback to relay it to the team, and the team to set up and run the play.
>>
How do you find the appeal in something like 'Soccer'?

Players stand around for at least 90 minutes. Parking the bus is an actual tactic and drawing is encouraged for some inexplicable reason. Don't get me started on stoppage time, that shit is so fucking ridiculous its laughable. Faking injuries is encouraged. pls explain.
>>
I got into it by watching highlights
>>
How do you find the appeal in something like 'handegg?

Players stand around for at least 3 hours. Losing games is an actual tactic and is encouraged for some inexplicable reason. Don't get me started on stoppages, that shit is so fucking ridiculous its laughable. pls explain.
>>
>>74045661

the salt is fucking real i knew i boiled that shit down, don't even bother replying, i got u bruh
>>
>>74045609
>tfw you just remembered that NFL style set piece Klinsmann ran against Belgium in extra time in the WC
>>
>>74045460
>he just won 20 yards
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>74045697
don't worry, op has never watched a single american football game in his life.

He's trying to be an eipk trloe
>>
>>74045634
>players stand around for 90 minutes
they run 100x as much as nfl players
>parking the bus is an actual tactic
so what? its a defensive tactic, those exists in the nfl as well, and those matches can be very exciting since one team is in full attack the whole match
>drawing is encouraged
its not, its just better than losing. there is no match where a team would rather not win
>stoppage time
its to counter time wasting and it works
>faking injuries
no one fakes injuries, there are players who dive and for sure thats a pretty bad aspect of the sport
i now expect you to turn on the man city swansea game and enjoy it
>>
>no improvisation

I know you're ignorant/trolling but improv is literally a QB's bread and butter. They're called audibles.
>>
File: P6FBWybIE8-asp-american-sports.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
P6FBWybIE8-asp-american-sports.gif
3MB, 400x225px
it's shit and I can't watch it, mods should take this shit to /asp/, save the rest of the world from this boring shit.
>>
This thread is the epitome of autism
>>
>>74045460
No. I only watch because Patriots and Tommyboy.
>>
Is today the super bowl? Why is it a big deal? It's not like there's any repercussions for losing in American sports. You just try again next year and you even get pick of the best players. For being bad. So you watch and watch American sports (all eleven minutes of game time) for nothing really. There's no real drama. It's the same four teams - sorry, franchises - playing each other, with no sense of passion or tribalism or history. Tea-- franchises don't even have real supporters. Everything is so superficial that Americans all discuss who they're going to support in the super bowl final without having any affiliation to those franchises whatsoever. "Yeah bro, I'll be supporting the falkins", they say. What does that support look like? Sitting on a couch eating 3 "family" bags of doritos whilst watching adverts. Everyone talks about who's going to do some singing at half time more than they talk about the action itself. All the adverts are designed to make their audience - most of whom already have circulation problems and knee pain - fatter. "Munch, munch, munch on our tasty snacks", they say. Then it's over and the franchise owners spend their summer discussing what city they're going to move their franchise to next season and what new name they'll play under.
>>
>>74045764
So why did you create it?
>>
>>74045721

Stoppage time doesn't work. Why not just stop the clock when the ball goes out of bounds. It's better than arbitrarily deciding a set time after 90 minutes.
>>
>>74045784
>Stoppage time doesn't work
Why doesn't it work? What does it stop from happening?
>>
>>74045781

I didn't, that what some retarded fellow countryman and I apologize for his existence.
>>
Yuros how does it feel that within the next 10 hours this entire board will be flooded with the world's greatest game?

:)
>>
>>74045813
I'm super hype
Got my Dr Pepper and Doritos ready
>>
>>74045835

God bless you Sweden
>>
>>74045813
Football threads already dominate this board
>>
It's an american sport. If you enjoy football you can't enjoy the americano one, they are opposite sports
>>
>>74045845

LOL
>>
>>74045460
About as much action as soccer unless you consider light jogging to be action.
>>
>>74045813
if you are browsing /sp/ while watching the superbowl it just means you are watching it alone and wasnt invited to a party. sad!
>>
>>74045865
7 on the front page when I just reloaded it up
>>
No one minds the 30 seconds between plays because you use that to either talk with the people around you or browse the gamethread on /sp/. Dont just sit and watch it on TV by yourself with nothing else to do.
>>
>>74045877

Pop quiz, hot shot. How many threads total are on the front page at one time
>>
>>74045875
Super Bowl parties are for normies who just watch the commercials and don't care about the game

The people who actually watch the game hang out on /sp/

Americans can back me up on this one
>>
>>74045784
Mostly so the matches don't take forever. Even with stoppage time, it's a given a match will take at most two hours, which I'm sure is great for television.

Besides, even though the game is not actually being played throughout the whole 90 minutes, many players already average more than 10 km per game. I can only imagine the tempo of the game would slow down considerably if you were to stop the clock.
>>
>>74045904

I can say, without a doubt, /sp/ is most of the time more knowledgeable about a play that just occurred than the people I'll be watching the game with
>>
>all the ameriboos in this thread

kys

also the fact that you can watch this at 5AM proves you're worthless NEET fatties, lmao
>>
I just watch it to stay updated on memes desu, same reason why I watch olympic sports.
>>
>>74045972

but the game isn't played in yurop???

(which by the way would sell out any stadium in the world)
>>
>>74045972
not letting your employer know that you'll roll into work late tomorrow because of the Superb owl
>>
>>74045813
I plan to flood it with shitposts. I've already got bots ready.
>>
>>74045972
>implying there's compulsory attendance at danish unis

lmao
>>
>>74045904
>not being a normie in 2017
>>
>>74045460
I love the game because it's all about th sum of marginal gains. In every play you try to get some advantage, gain some yards, move your position, or on the defense you try to prevent any gains. Every detail counts.

And then you have big plays tha break the monotony of the game and add excitement Long passes, turnovers, sacks, etc. The regular game is about pushing a strategy and fulfilling your role, but these plays open spots that allow players to shine.

I love the game, but sadly it's hard to watch it from here, mostly because of the time zone but also because I have to find a reliable stream everytime. When i was in NA it was as easy as just turning on the TV.
>>
>>74046143
>being a normie
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.