[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't we get rid of athletic programs in colleges? Schools

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_ln68brTvLw1qe9pvf.jpg (35KB, 486x546px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ln68brTvLw1qe9pvf.jpg
35KB, 486x546px
Why don't we get rid of athletic programs in colleges? Schools should be for learning.
>>
because millions of people like to watch college sports
>>
cousin in law was triggered when she found out college football head coaches were paid millions.

>reee why do they get paid more than teachers?
>>
>>74015560
Because Theodore Roosevelt told you to go fuck yourself.
>>
>>74015617
The fact people think teachers deserve ridiculous pay is hilarious. Teachers usually are pretty shitty at their jobs. Most of the time, those who can't, teach.
>>
>>74015662
>we should pay teachers a lot of money
>lol no that's stupid, currently they don't make a lot of money and do the job of someone not making a lot of money

You're not too bright, I can tell.
>>
>>74015697
>implying paying someone more will make them magically better at their job
>>
>>74015715
No, you fucking idiot. If you offer better pay, more skilled labor will approach the job.

>Ameristupids
>>
>>74015697
Public schooling is shit anyway. I wouldn't pay a single dime out of my taxes to have these idiots brainwash my children.
>>
>>74015715
>implying paying someone more will make them magically better at their job.

You are LITERALLY posting on a sports board, where the best athletes in the WORLD are paid exorbitant amounts of money to do their job. And your argument is, "We'd get the same quality of play if every NFL play made $30k a year."

Yeah sure thing famm.
>>
because they make money and teaching your bitch ass doesn't
>>
>>74015833
Its also inherently much more difficult to be a professional athlete than it is to just teach kids basic read and regurgitate, so he has a point
>>
>>74015617
a teacher will teach only 30 students per year. a coach will have an audience of 80,000 at a game, plus everyone on tv, and all of the faggots on /sp/ who watch chinese streams
>>
Greed.

Athletics make schools tons of money. a good Handegg program is literally a license to print money for a school. That's why they don't give a shit if they have to cover up rapes or invent phony classes to keep some nigglet on the field.
>>
>>74015585
>because millions of backwards rednecks in bumfucknowhereville USA like to watch amateur sports

FTFY
>>
Because they bring too much money to schools, so they have no reason to ever get rid of them. And pro leagues have no incentive to ever set up an alternative because it's free training and publicity for their future players.

Only way to ever do it is if NCAA ever drops the pretense of student amateurism and pays players. Maybe even in lieu of a scholarship (if the player wishes.) So you either choose the scholarship, room and board and stipend, or get paid in full to become a contract player with the team with no education requirement, or maybe at best are only required to study sport related fields.

You still wouldn't see NCAA divest from the school completely. However, this way universities can still latch onto sports, get their branding out there, merch sales, etc. but would have no obligation to give scholarships to teach kids unless they wished it, while NCAA jews still get theirs, the benefit of the university brand, and they can wash their hands of the student-athlete amateurism debate.

Still, college athletic programs I don't mind as much.

The real question we should ask ourselves is why sports are needed in high schools and the need for multi-million stadiums for them. That's where we should be questioning if they really belong and if that money shouldn't be better spent elsewhere.
>>
File: 0Rv5TG0.png (166KB, 179x455px) Image search: [Google]
0Rv5TG0.png
166KB, 179x455px
>>74017468
if you ban college sports all the Jethros in kentucky will just care about HS football and hockey more than they already do
>>
>>74015750
you can pay what you want but if the class is made up of brain dead dindus teachers will quit. you can see the difference between HS teachers and college instructors
>>
>>74015913
>than it is to just teach kids basic read and regurgitate

That should be like the last thing schools are focused on. The fact that they are is a symptom of the dismantling of the educational system.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.