[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

43 to 8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: 43to8.jpg (207KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
43to8.jpg
207KB, 620x413px
OTD 3 years ago the Seahawks won their first Owl.

I was so fucking happy.
>>
>>73995990
The game that officially ended Peyton GOAT talk
>>
File: butler-int.jpg (75KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
butler-int.jpg
75KB, 625x352px
>>73995990

Daily reminder.
>>
File: 1407372297312.gif (2MB, 504x271px) Image search: [Google]
1407372297312.gif
2MB, 504x271px
>>73999514
it truly was a goddamn embarrassment for that entire record breaking offense. Maybe the greatest choke in history.
>>
>hosting party
>see kickoff
>take dog out so it doesn't bother me rest of game
>close the door
>everyone goes apeshit
>missed that opening fumble
>>
>>74000281

The enormity of that choke honestly makes me frequently forget about that offense entirely. When I think about the best offenses and individual seasons, 2007 Pats and Brady's 50 still come to mind first as the record holders - so 43-8 somehow did more damage than 18-1, which is pretty embarrassing.
>>
>>74000282

So basically you missed the entire portion of the game that resembled competitiveness.
>>
>>73999514

Pretty much. The Owl win last year put a nice little bow on his career that made him less of a choke artist, but it did nothing to revive any sort of GOAT talk because of how much he was carried that season and game.
>>
File: peyton.jpg (40KB, 664x156px) Image search: [Google]
peyton.jpg
40KB, 664x156px
>>74000524
Manning's numbers in the biggest games. His only wins were carried by his teams not by his arm.
>>
File: SeattleSoundersFan.jpg (40KB, 742x417px) Image search: [Google]
SeattleSoundersFan.jpg
40KB, 742x417px
>>73995990
''''''''''''''seattle''''''''''''''
>>
>>74000253
butler made a great play, he's elite
>>
>>74000253
18-1
>>
File: seahawks.png (96KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
seahawks.png
96KB, 400x400px
>>73995990
>ywn have the underdog title ever again
>ywn have a team not consummated by hollywood cancer ever again
>ywn have a comfy and not horribly overpriced centurylink field ever again

Winning the Owl was a mistake. I miss the Hasselbeck teams too much and being a scrappy team that isn't necessarily elite. I bet you for sure our """fanbase""" wouldn't be as insufferable as it looks now despite just a little bit of whining over XL
>>
>>74005784
>tfw been a 49er fan my whole life
>pre-2012 or so, i never cared about the seahawks and felt fine about them as a team, didnt even know they had a "12th man" nd didnt care about the XL whining
>suddenly when the team became good, it unleashed what i feel is the worst fanbase in professional sports
>dont even hate the team or players themselves, even after getting constantly raped by the hawks even in our few good years, but i honestly dont feel bad seeing seahawks players get injured and get overjoyed with them losing just because i know it wont bring that god awful fanbase any happiness if they lose

sorry man. i cant imagine what its like to be a seahawk fan in washington who hates the 12s and has to be surrounded by those morons 24/7
>>
>>74005784
Thus is such a stupid mentality because it's self defeating. Once your team wins they're no longer the underdog and so you turn against them.
>>
>>74005818
tbf they only really exist on the Internet for the most part, but memes don't lie when people literally brag about their fans being the """reason""" why they win.

Then again I live like 45 minutes away from Seattle and people are so much more laid-back compared to those who live in the city.
>>
>>74005834
I'm joking desu but it's just me a little unaware of what would be coming if the Hawks did get that good and then looking at it through and through and it just looks like shit to your eyes years later.
>>
>>74000583
I remember /spuh/ on that day it was hella epic!
>>
Steelers fan from Washington state, honestly wondering, are you guys still as mad bout owl 40 as all my seacuck mates, I understand some calls were questionable but with my bias I see it as if you don't score enough pts to beat the refs, you deserve to lose
>>
>>74005854
I'm not losing sleep over those calls every day, lol

It's literally 11 years ago, I feel if people still complain about it especially after winning XLVIII really need to let it go
>>
>>74005834
I do that with underground musicians that make it all the time, so I understand
>>
>>74005861
Good to hear, I feel like we're kinda trapped in the same spot now, in between mediocre and elite
>>
File: usatsi_9794984.jpg (116KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
usatsi_9794984.jpg
116KB, 1000x600px
>>74000253
>This buttfuck retarded play call

It cost the Seahawks so much. It's still affecting the team because of how fucking stupid it was. How Bevell is still on this team is way beyond me man. That was a firable offense. If they run it like they should have, Lynch gets in. They go back 2 back. The Seahawks defense is easily the GOAT defense. Beat Brady/Peyton. Russell Wilson, 2 SBs in first 3 years is in GOAT conversation. But Bevell threw it all away. The one Owl still cements their place in history. They decimated a GOAT offense. Maybe one day they can return to the SB.
>>
>>74000281
that loss made people forget how intimidating the Broncos offense was before the game, that game where Peyton dropped 7 TDs on Baltimore, or the shootout in Dallas; the game marked the start of Noodle Arm Manning
>>
>>74005883
Bevell isn't the problem as much as Cable is.

What is it with the Bevell blame game? All of the problems run through Cable and his joke of an """offensive line.""" Bevell's rushing offenses have been Top 5 year after year except 2016. It's all on Tom Cable and the majority of this fanbase doesn't see it. Guy can't coach for shit and rationalizes scrubs of players when they're playing like shit.
>>
>>74005902
Bevell was the person who called the slant, not Cable. He's not to blame for offensive line but the retardation of that play call is a cancer on the team. He should be fired and blamed for it. So the team can let it go.
>>
>>74005933
They ran the play all year and they put Kearse on Browner, meanwhile Wilson used poor judgment on that play. If you actually watched every game you'd see it succeed. You can point fingers at Bevell all you want but it really isn't something to lose too much sleep over when it's done and done and Bevell still managed to get the offense rolling next year. This season's offensive struggles are all on Cable whether you like it or not. Wilson had no protection in games which he could have benefitted from it, the run game was nonexistent because we used two guards who are new to starting. Not to mention Britt is a horrible center and the loss of Unger really hurt this offense more than it should have.

Blame poor judgment from other people, while Bevell's play calling looked questionable this year and in the past, you can't shoulder ALL blame on him. It's a futile team effort.
>>
People are too quick to jump at coaches and coordinators, sometimes you run into a better team

>tfw rams
>>
>tfw NFL top 10 put Carroll ont he top 10 list of coaches who should have stayed in college
I still agree with it. Pete Carroll is one of the worst coaches ever in NFL history.
>>
>>74006078
Worse than the chip Kelly experiment?
>>
>>74006090
Worse than the Dave Shula experiment 2bh.

Pete Carroll is is Barry Switzer tier. One of the worst coaches to ever coach a game yet won a Superb Owl because of a loaded roster.

I would put Pete Carroll on a top 10 worst head coaches in NFL history list.
>>
>>74005883
>Russell Wilson, 2 SBs in first 3 years is in GOAT conversation

He's good, but that's a fucking stretch.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.