[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The State And City of Soccer Un The United States

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1475724363090.jpg (10KB, 300x182px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1475724363090.jpg
10KB, 300x182px
Question

Is there any state (or cities) in the United States where Soccer is very popular, and where the MLS (Major League Soccer) is more popular than the NFL, MLB (Major League Baseball) NBA and NHL, all together. ¡The State Of Soccer!
>>
Is only popular in Seattle and Portland has they have had teams since the 70s. Rest of US is playing catch-up to those two. Both in Pacific Northwest and a great rivalry
>>
What happened to the city being Catholic?
>>
>>71705823
really?

Only at Portland and Seattle?

there are other places places in the United States, where soccer is very popular?
>>
>>71705823
is pretty correct for now.

Orlando and Miami should quickly join that list, though. Shame Orlando fucked up their stadium plans, though. The capacity of their downtown soccer stadium is going to be far below the soccer audience in central florida.
>>
I guess towns with massive inmigration and hispanic population, Parts of California, Florida, Arizona.
But major cities? I don't think so, maybe Orlando and that's it
>>
>>71706783
Fucking cuban niggers
>>
>>71705961
And Vancouver to complete the rivalry. Those three teams compete for Cascadia Cup during the season.
>>
>>71705769
Puerto Rico
>>
>>71705961

>taking random anons' words for it

Just watch videos to get a feel

Watch the Copa 90 Derby Days vid of the Cascadia rivalry, this is really the height of soccer culture in the US.

Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFBUNbJLHro&sns=em

Here's a different Copa90 vid about Seattle soccer culture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWV-veNHx3s&sns=em

Orlando, Kansas City, Montreal, Toronto are all in the next tier below and are all great atmosphere-wise. But of those the other anon was right that Orlando is the best bet of becoming a "soccer first" city because KC is firmly NFL/MLB, and Toronto MLB.

MLS produces some vids about soccer culture in various cities, here's:

KC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_QPiSziuaY&sns=em

Montreal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYMhQIJJMjU&sns=em
>>
this tico troll sure doesnt quit, its kinda funny tbqhwuf
>>
>>71707658
Puerto Rico is not a state.

It is an unincorporated territory of the United States, with self-governing status
>>
>>71707722
Toronto's hockey first you mongoloid.
>>
>>71705769
>>71705961
>>71716069
at least you didnt forget your proxy this time like you let slip during the summer
>>
>>71707561
>>71716120

help me here please thanks

>>71716279
>>
File: 1024px-Atlanta_MLS.svg.png (168KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Atlanta_MLS.svg.png
168KB, 1024x1024px
>>71705961
>are there other places where soccer is very popular
>SOON

Also the southwest, lotsa Spanish-speaking types if you get my drift
>>
>>71720917
Hey, I'm also looking for a city (or somewhere) in Canada.

where soccer is very popular among people.

It is that I also like the soccer of Canada

The City of soccer in Canada
>>
>>71720993
haha I can't tell if this guy is serious but Vancouver would be my guess, Pacific Northwest is unmatched

Place is cold and expensive, but that's true of everywhere up there
>>
>>71721439

well, it's me I just like the soccer of the United States and Canada.

and I really like to know if is there somewhere in the United States where soccer is the sport most populat?

And somewhere in Canada, where Soccer is very popular among people?
>>
>pretending to be Costan Rican and posting the same shit over and over again online
why the fuck would someone do this?
>>
>Responding to the thread of the Costa Pobre autist
>>
>>71721662
"most" popular? No, not at all, not even the PNW, most MLS teams either have a tiny soccer-specific stadium or they will play in an NFL stadium but only fill it halfway

Football is definitely king, Basketball in the cities, Baseball and Soccer in the suburbs
>Hockey
up in frozen shitlands, then all the other dozen or so niche sports like Rugby and Lacrosse

in most places in the US soccer is barely at Rugby or Lacrosse-tier
>>
>>71721791
but I know it really is somewhere in the United States (a state, a city or town) where soccer is the most popular sport among people.

and where the Major League Soccer (MLS) is the most popular sports league and followed.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.