[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Do We Fix the CONCACHAMPIONS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 3

File: CONCACHAMPIONS BRACKET.png (35KB, 1072x338px) Image search: [Google]
CONCACHAMPIONS BRACKET.png
35KB, 1072x338px
In order for the CCL to have the international recognition of the Copa Libertadores and Yurochampions, as well as for CONCACAF football to progress overall we need to take steps in not making it a huge Mexamerica circlejerk.

I propose the following changes:
>Give Canada one more berth, given that they start their own goddamn football league and stop piggybacking on America for everything
>Give 3 More Berths to be chosen from the 3rd best teams of Costa Rica, Panama, Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador through international playoffs
>Give Jamaica and Haiti two Automatic berths each
>Create an automatic two berths to the winners of an international playoff between the two best teams in Cuba, Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico
>Give an Automatic berth to Trinidad, Guyana, and Suriname
>Give the last berth to the winners of an international playoff of the remaining CFU countries
This would make it more of an international spectacle and less of a Mexico-America circlejerk, Mexican teams would probably win most of the time still, but it would still contribute to the development of the whole region's football
>>
bump
It occurs to me that although the Haitian national team has a certain level in their football, their league does not reflect that so, perhaps the post should be amended to only give them one berth, and leave one berth to the current champion
>>
>we need to take steps in not making it a huge Mexamerica circlejerk.

and include even shittier teams from the caribbean? rhetorical question. bye.
>>
>>65249874
How are the shitty caribbean teams ever supposed to get better when the only time they ever engage in international competition is between each other in the WCQ, where they usually get BTFO by Central American teams/Canada/Jamaica and Trinidad?

The problem lies in the fact that they have no footballing culture, but the only thing that CONCACAF can do to offset that is is bring make CONCACAF competitions a bigger spectacle where more countries get a chance to shine.
The last Gold Cup was a step in the right direction (even if the US was BTFO) but it still didn't reach the level of hype that other regional competitions do because of CONCACAF's laziness when it comes to marketing.
>>
>>65249461
Why would Canada make our own league, we don't have enough fans and teams to have a good league and Canada and the US share almost all major leagues apart from american football. It would be the most retarded move ever made just to have "muh canadian league".
>>
>>65249991
haha that or assigning american players to carribean teams

did I just end the thread?
>>
File: 1428204014137.jpg (42KB, 533x784px) Image search: [Google]
1428204014137.jpg
42KB, 533x784px
>>65249461
>Give an Automatic berth to Trinidad, Guyana, and Suriname
>Guyana, and Suriname

How about giving actual rewards for playing the damn tournament? The only reward it seems for all these central american and caribbean teams is a small part of TV revenue and having their travel costs covered, they need to offer some cash reward for even being at the group stage so the so called small teams can use the money to improve their facilities and shiet
>>
>>65250439
this
>>
>>65250339
That's not OP bullshitting, CFL is trying to start a Canadian soccer league and pull the Canadian MLS and NASL teams into it.
>>
>>65249461
No one cares for it
Mexicans don't care because they always win
Americans don't care because of the schedule and everyone else is in a third world country
>>
>>65250439
What money?
>>
>>65250727
They may be trying but It won't happen unless we want a shitty 8 team league, they won't get the MLS teams to join, they already had to pay a MLS franchise fee.
>>
>>65250778
I think it's attempting to be at NASLel level
They're trying to get FC Edmonton and the Ottawa Fury to join
>>
Easy
Convince yuropoors to leave fifa
Then after that we make a new fifa. First world all joins that. Third world states stay in fifa bribocracy. We just enjoy that.
>>
>>65250754
I'm sure they could over time gather some tv money if they marketed it better and made it matter. Once a MLS team or a Costa Rican team or some shit start winning it will become more interesting.
>>
>>65250791
That's why it will stay irelevent and Canadian Cup will still decide our Champions league spot.
>>
>>65250798
But MLS teams couldn't care less
Even if they won
>>
>>65250838
That's what we say until we actually win, then we'll say it's proof we're better than liga MX
>>
>>65250818
Just talking about the league
Not the CCL
>>
>>65250879
MLS teams have actually won the CCL
But it didn't help
It also didn't help the Superliga
>>
>>65250902
Ya not for 15 years, that's a sign we're far behind Mexico, I think branding and marketing the the big problem.
>>
>>65250965
All the branding and marketing won't help the fact they're playing third worlders
>>
>>65250754
>the most corrupt confederation in the world
>not having money

lel
>>
>>65251063
The games between MLS, Mexican and Costa Rican teams are actually very exciting. Saying "le third worlders" if fucking stupid when they're clearly better than we are right now.
>>
>>65251126
They're not exciting
Their team, their stadium, their fans are third worlders
And it's just Mexico
MLS is better than the Costan Rican league
>>
>>65251126
america vs montreal was entertaining af
a shame america won
>>
>>65251117
They get money from when teams like Man U and Barcelona come here and the stuff like the Gold Cup
They probably get nothing from the CCL
>>
>>65251167
You're not worth talking to because you've decided it sucks, you don't want it to be better. Can't get over the fact MLS teams haven't done anything since rebranding of the concacaf champions league, could only win it when trinidad teams fucking won the cup.
>>
>>65251201
One of the games games of last year, people just won't give it a chance.
>>
>>65251213
It's a shitty useless competition
I want a MLS team to win it this year so they can say "Alright, we can win one" and drop out of it
>>
>>65251291
And you've proved my point, thanks
>>
>>65251305
Why do you want it to be relevant for?
>>
>>65251325
Because It's an interesting competition that will develope north and central american soccer. It also showcases different styles of football from around the region.
>>
>>65249461
>Giving automatic berths to all these island shitholes
>Making the unironically best team in the conference fight it out with literally whos

Remind me, how far did all the other CONCACAF teams get in the WC compared to Costa Rica?
>>
>>65251376
It's not interesting
And it wastes time dealing with the shitty teams in the region
>>
>>65251167
CR national team is better than USA though
>>
>>65251392
"shitty teams" better than your shiity team. Last year's final 4 had 2 Costa Rican teams, 1 canadian and 1 mexican. Now tell me about how American teams are the best.
>>
>>65251427
Not relevant
>>65251452
You're basing this off of one season?
You know I could just point to this one as counter evidence
Or MLS has only lost one knockout series to a Costa Rican team and that was because Dykstra's spaghetti in Costa Rica
>>
I don't see why people don't want to see MLS teams play against Liga MX teams in a tournament that easily does that and beat them at a tournament thats been dominated by teams from Mexico.
It's easily the best way to show that MLS isn't the retirement league that people put it out to be.
If any team besides a Mexican team wins, it will surely bring some good competition and rivalry from these tournaments.
You can say scheduling was an issue for MLS, but seeing how Montreal handled their CCL run surely other teams can do the same.
>>
>>65251526
American team hasn't made it to final for 4 years, enough said.
>>
>>65249461
No dude, a bunch of additional crappy teams will not make the tournament better. The only reason why Mexican teams are always a majority in the play-offs it's because all the other teams are shit; things will improve with the growth of north-american and Caribbean leagues.
>>
>>65251532
At this point it isn't about proving MLS isn't a retirement league but that it's not a lot worse than Liga MX, at this point it looks as if it is.
>>
>>65251532
>It's easily the best way to show that MLS isn't the retirement league that people put it out to be.
No it wouldn't
>You can say scheduling was an issue for MLS, but seeing how Montreal handled their CCL run surely other teams can do the same.
Montreal gave up their season for that
They were the worst team the year before
>>
>>65251596
Well said
>>
>>65251526
>this response

smugpepe.png
>>
>>65251577
Wait
You're trying to compare American MLS teams and Canadian MLS teams?
Really?
>>65251596
They could shift the schedule, which they are allegedly doing
>>
>>65251650
No, all I'm saying is that An american team hasn't made it to the Final in 4 years. I'm excluding Impact because american and Canadian team qualify separately.
>>
>>65251699
And how many Costan Rican teams have?
>>
>>65251742
also 0, they've had more teams get to semi final then america since then though so they're still ahead.
>>
>>65251789
Oh you're going to by some fucking idiotic standard determined by chance and luck
Fuck off
It's a shit tournament and no one should care about it
>>
>>65251742
Hopefully for you American teams will do well this year.
>>
>>65251614
thx buddy, I think you are handsome :3

>>65251650
that would help the MLS, yes

IMO the MLS could easily surpass the Mexican league, but they have to stop bringing retiring players and focus more in developing young local players and searching for talent in South America, in order to export more players

I don't think that any league in the American continent will become a top league, at least in the next 20 years
>>
>>65251862
Getting mad because I present facts and you just say it's a shit tournament. Lets just hope for you an american team will win it this year.
>>
>>65251896
You realize the average DP is a 27 year old Argie?
It's mostly stereotypes hurting MLS now
Nothing winning a meaningless competition would help
>>
>>65251909
Facts that ignore who they faced or where they placed or how much they opponents cared
I don't think any of the MLS teams will win but it's not like a win in any or all of them would change a fucking thing
>>
>>65251940
Just because you think it's meaningless doesn't mean it is.
>>
>>65249991
CFU already qualifies through CFU Champions League and the only team I can remember ever performing well was Puerto Rico Islanders who played in the US 2nd Division. You can't just randomly add shit teams
>>
>>65251976
Results are results, good excuses though. Once LA or something wins it this year you'll think it's important.
>>
>>65251991
Just because you want it to meaningful doesn't mean it is
>>
>>65251940
ok, but it's all you guys have

We at least have the Libertadores Cup and we used to play in the Sudamericana Cup

The MLS has no other way to let the football world know that they are improving; I would understand your point of view if you were always winning the tournament without any struggles but you guys are the underdog.
>>
>>65252034
Being the best club team in your continent is meaningless.
>>
>>65252025
Quickly looking at the 3 Tico teams to make the semis you'd see that their 3 quarterfinal opponents were Dykstra spaghetti, a Honduran team and a Panamanian team
Meanwhile the only 2 non-MLS and non-Liga MX teams to play MLS teams in the quarters were 2 Costa Rican teams, of which they won one and lost one
Making the semis isn't that impressive
>>
>>65252088
It's like being the smart one in the retarded class
>>65252070
No club competition is going to help
>>
>>65252147
You're still in the retard class with that logic literally no competitions matter in North America
>>
>>65252216
Yeah
I realize that
But winning this shit isn't going to get us out of it
>>
>>65252114
They beat American and Mexican teams in the group stage so it's another stupid excuse to say that they just got easy draws. Results are results.
>>
>>65249461
>Give Canada one more berth
We don't want it. Soccer is less interesting than curling.
>>
>>65252263
It's still a small step on a long walk.
>>
>>65252273
American and Mexican teams always use reserve squads in the group stage
I remember both Kansas City and Portland sent reserve squads because it was the last week of the season. Kansas City had almost no chance of being eliminated and Portland had almost no chance of making it so it would have been irrelevant.
>>
>>65252365
It would be a small step on the wrong path
>>
>>65252374
I don't see the point in you making excuses, we didn't use our best squad, they had easier games blah blah blah. Results are all that matter in sports. If you choose to play your reserves and lose that means your team is poorly managed.
>>
>>65252409
It's the only path, the other choice is not playing at all.
>>
>>65252450
You are the one person on the face of the Earth who is using the CCL to compare the MLS and the Costa Rican team
No one cares about it
Not Mexicans, not Costa Ricans, especially not Americans
>>
>>65252470
Playing in it or not has no effect on MLS
>>
>>65252491
You keep thinking that, I'll keep enjoying watching soccer.
>>
>>65252491
football fans in North America should care for it, at least I do

It is the only way to show my team or league is the best in the Confederation
>>
>>65252501
If you took it seriously I am sure your standard of football would improve a lot benefit and from a high level of competition. European soccer is at such a high level because they take their cup competition the champions league seriously.
>>
>>65252501
Proof it isn't still complete garbage and to gauge it compared to other leagues.
>>
>>65252514
On the other hand, moat coaches who win the CCL don't make it to the Club World Cup
So it's not like your country cares for it too
>>
>>65252531
Completely different
>>65252537
By comparing it to garbage leagues?
>>
>>65252560
Liga MX is better than MLS, if you deny that you are retarded. Also if you win you get to go play some pretty good teams at the club world cup.
>>
>>65252560
How is it different. Leagues only get better by playing at a higher standard, if you took the competition seriously there is no doubt you would benefit. I am sure you could develop good rivalries with mexico also
>>
>>65252591
Do you watch Liga MX or are you just basing that on MLS' abysmal goal scoring stats
Cuz a lot of upper level Mexican games are fixed
>>
>>65252591
Again, did I say we were better than Liga MX?
And no one cares about the Club World Cup too
>>65252611
1. The schedule hinders caring about it
But even so,
2. You severely underestimate American exceptionalism
>>
>>65252625
>Cuz a lot of upper level Mexican games are fixed

care to share your sources, my good friend?
>>
>Gibs me dat handouts

filthy liberals, errybody
>>
>>65252665
You should change your schedule then to help develop your league. Australia moved federations just because we wanted to get better. The general public who doesn't care about soccer still doesn't care but the true fans appreciate the step up in level that we have taken in the past 20 years
>>
>>65252863
Why?
It would kill them financially and for what?
>>
>>65252881
The chance to beat your neighbours and confirm your exceptionalism?
I understand why you won't do it if it 'kills' you financially, but you always need to take risks to get better
>>
>>65252993
It wouldn't confirm anything
We don't care
And it wouldn't make us better
Has that actually helped you get better or just get a easier path to the World Cup?
>>
>>65253026
There is an easier path to the world cup yes, but we also get the chance to play at a higher level. We won the Asian cup last year which was fun and I believe shows the huge progress we have made. I am more confident now that Australian players can be developed at a much higher level than before and we don't have to rely on our talents being farmed off to Europe in their teenage years to have any chance of success like we did previously. Much of the squad who won the cup was developed in Australia.

Of course we are not the same level as Europe and most likely won't be but I am happy knowing the direction we are heading in.
>>
>>65252740
There isn't an inch of Mexico that isn't corrupt.
>>
>>65253187
Nice source, amigo. Good posting overall, keep excelling.
>>
>>65253167
Well your youth teams are in shambles and the world cup performances have declined sharply but hey let's stay delusional

The CCL helps no one
It's a needless exercise
It's definitely not worth moving the schedule for
>>
>>65253187
That statement applies to us too kek.
>>
>>65253316
Our youth teams have always been shit, this has not changed. Our last world cup performance was shit in terms of results but because we played in a group with Spain, Netherlands and Chile. The style of football that we played was quite good despite our losses, the coach picked a young side in order to gain experience to win the Asian cup the next year. I was happy with our performance because I understood the direction we were heading in.
>>
>>65253383
You would have probably lost to Japan
>>
It will never happen, Northern and Central Americans are even worse than Asians at football
>>
>>65253383
I like watching top flight Australian soccer
>>
#CONCACHAMPIONSSOMEXIMERICAN
>>
>>65249461
Include shitty teams from conmebol
>>
>Give Canada one more berth, given that they start their own goddamn football league and stop piggybacking on America for everything
Canada won't be able to maintain anywhere near the fanbases necessary to sustain a league. The three cities with MLS teams right now are the only three cities in the country that could support a top flight team.

Maybe twenty/thirty years down the road if concussions kill minor hockey, but absolutely not now.
>>
>>65253413
No we are not you dumb negro
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.