[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have 10 seconds to explain why you will let your childre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: the goat.jpg (38KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
the goat.jpg
38KB, 660x371px
You have 10 seconds to explain why you will let your children play football.

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-autopsy-concussion-athlete-20160104-story.html
>>
I won't.

Football is thankfully dying. We'll be better as a culture, nation, and race because of it.
>>
If people are afraid of injuries they might as well try to force their children into the chess club.
>>
>>64715137
>getting a bump or bruise is the same as a crippling brain injury that can occur in pop-warner leagues when a child is still aged in the single digits and will cognitively and psychologically effect them for the rest of their lives

remember kevin kolb? read how he has been after his concussions.
>>
>>64715137
idgaf if my kid breaks a ton of bones, relocates shit, what the fuck ever

I'm not fucking signing him up for concussion central. And that includes no fucking soccer or rugby either.

Baseball all the fucking way, bitches.
>>
>won't somebody please think of the children!?

Bunch of slack jawed faggots around here
>>
>>64715216
It's "limp wristed" faggots, faggot.

Slack jawed means hillbillies.
>>
>>64715204
baseball can be dirty but not really end up in concussions. my brother played it in high school and he said there were always guys he played against who, if they knew they were likely to get out, would slide with their cleats up into the baseman of the base they were running towards. usually aiming deliberately for the achilles.
>>
>>64715204
Cuck Jr. will follow in his daddy's shoes
>>
I personally think football, UFC, boxing and hockey should be banned. While we at it I think we should quit keeping score in all sports since it just leads to one team feeling inferior and like they're not as good as the other one and once men reach 16 years of age we should collect a sperm sample and then castrate them so we can fully integrate all the remaining sports.
>>
>>64715242
See, I'm fine with that. That's an acceptable level of risk. Not this near guarantee that your brain will get fucked up in at least some way by playing football.

>>64715245
Your line will die out from the retardation caused by your cowardice.
>>
>>64715083
football is done as we know it. The dream is over lads.
>>
Pee-wee football probably shouldn't be played. It should start at the middle school or high school level.

But I'm fine with my son playing high school football. Let him make the decision, I won't stop him.
>>
>>64715287
cuck
>>
But it's the only widespreead sport fat kids can take part in.
>>
>>64715264
>Not choosing baseball for my kid
>Cowardice
Uhh, hate to break it to you, but it doesn't require a whole lot of gonads to play betaball compared to sports like hockey, lacrosse, soccer, skiing etc. Enjoy getting cucked by exciting sports
>>
Because I've been feeding my wife's son nothing but a healthy diet of milk and corn, and he's already bigger than all the other kids two grades above him. Da'quintin is going to make me millions when he makes it to the NFL.
>>
>>64715324
dont forget the grilled cheese
>>
>>64715320
>>64715309
>>64715245
someone took a few too many blows to the ol noggin.

Lets be honest. The manliest shit out there is track and field, paired with weightlifting and chess.

No retardball faggot would ever stand a chance.
>>
>>64715324
On the 1% chance that this isn't falseflagging, having a serious relationship with a mother is fucking stupid. You can never look her right in the eyes and be completely sure she loves you or if she is in just for the money. It's not even about being a cĂșck that's worse, she is damaged goods and she knows damn well, so he will never leave you.

It's like getting serious with a woman that's already in a relationship. Sooner or later you'll be the one getting cĂșcked.
>>
File: 1444441694084.png (82KB, 587x592px) Image search: [Google]
1444441694084.png
82KB, 587x592px
>>64715083
>where were you when baseball made a comeback
>>
File: ITS A FACT.jpg (49KB, 640x267px) Image search: [Google]
ITS A FACT.jpg
49KB, 640x267px
>>64715316
>>
>>64715365
Not in Chicago

For real tho, baseball has a golden opportunity to be #1 again.
>>
>>64715162

Ask Kolb who kept jogging back on the field. While you're at it, you can go talk to Austin Collie too.
>>
>>64715344
Well I've actually tried to break up with her a few times when I've caught her cheating on me, but Da'quintin threatens to beat me up if I kick them out.
>>
>>64715228
>never saw Predator

Fucking faggot
>>
>>64715137

If I believed that reproducing was a good idea, and had children, I would rather they play chess than football.
>>
>>64715316
You've never heard of baseball?
>>
>>64715316
Prince Fielder serves as an inspiration to weight-challenged youth across the country.
Also, >>64715342 is strong out of the gates with a submission for most autistic post of the year.
>>
>>64715083

all you have to do is teach players to NOT lead with their fucking heads.

it would fix a majority of these concussion issues since players with these fuck huge helmets think they are invincible and then get concussed and fucked.
>>
File: 1436066790619.png (64KB, 167x298px) Image search: [Google]
1436066790619.png
64KB, 167x298px
>a sport where obese Walmart shoppers send their 8 year old children out to get significant brain damage
>>
>>64715416
>The maplenigger thinks he's people
>>
>>64715399
Well never really saw game. Don't they all have to run fast at some point?
>>
>concussionball
>lethargicball
>advertisementball
>fatcellsball
>estrogenball

lolno
>>
>>64715083
yep we are damn close to peak NFL unless there is some breakthrough in treatment for head injuries
>>
>>64715423

Nah, half the league decided a few decades ago to have one guy on the roster whose job was to be a fat shit who could go up to swing for the fences 3 or 4 times and literally just sit on his ass the rest of the game.
>>
>>64715427
>dementiaball
>alzheimersball
>parkinsonsball
>>
>>64715083
I saw a news report on a local tv station discussing how more parents are signing their kids of for flag football instead of pee-wee/pop warner.
>>
>>64715445
Adam Dunn didn't start playing baseball until the early 2000's
>>
>>64715450
>crippleball
>droolball
>vegetableball

Don't get too excited though, espana, Soccer is next.
>>
Because I won't raise them to be pussies. Their father played football and so wil they.
>>
>>64715083
nfl will end up like boxing today: just the poorest competing while the rest of the world has moved on
>>
I would allow my kid to play football but not until they are in 8th grade there is very little reason to allow them to play at an age younger than that. Most football skills aren't taught until high school anyways so if you're letting them play any younger than that in my opinion you're just letting them beat the shit out of themself with little benefit
>>
>>64715474
God Bless
>>
Players that get 10 concussions, using the guy in the article as an example, it's their own fault. If you continue to play after multiple brain injuries, you can't come back and cry it's the horrible sport of football that mushed your brains.
>>
Why does every cool or fun sport give you brain damage? This isn't fair. I don't want to play or watch boreball, lanklethoop, or ultimate frisbee. Why God?
>>
Unless it's a crazy freak accident hit, if your kid gets fucked up playing football he has shitty genetics. Look at all the football players that have been just fine
>>
>>64715514
its to weed out the pussies and cucks
>>
>>64715514
Because all the sports that give you brain damage--football, rugby, Aussie rules football--have a genuine element of human risk involved. Players are putting their bodies on the line for victory and glory. This makes the games genuinely exciting, not just something you have to hype yourself up for.
>>
>>64715510
Yeah, you should really pull your young children out of football after three or four brain injuries. Don't let them get ten. Have some sense, people.
>>
This concussion movie is going to cripple the sport down the line.

Seriously, think about how many kids aren't going to play it because of this movie.

It will be relegated to certain strongholds in the south that are rich enough and dumb enough to keep it.

There will be none of this fake ass "glory" playing football 20 years from now. It will literally be retardball.
>>
>>64715556
This. After people saw how Muhammad Ali ended up, boxing died in developed countries. The talent pool is so depleted that the heavyweight champ right now is literally a gypsy ogre. Football is next, only unlike boxing nobody else really gives a shit besides US + Canada.
>>
>>64715556
>This concussion movie is going to cripple the sport down the line.
This movie will have little to no impact on the sport or how many kids play the game. The trouble for football started long before the movie (which isn't doing all that great).

Everything else I agree with.
>>
This is why you have multiple children, sacrifice one to the hunger games (football) and keep the rest studying hard as shit, hopefully one will become successful enough to let you live with them when youre too old to wipe your own ass
>>
>>64715083
I don't want a bitch as a son, thanks.
>>
>>64715612
i think the decline of brett favre will be what hurts football

he already cant remember things
>>
>>64715510
what else can they do? all these fellas know is playing football and the nfl has always told them there's nothing to worry. Remember the old concusion protocol of the nfl was just rest them a few minutes in the bench and then put them back in the game. The nfl needs to publicly admit the brain injury risks of playing football and stop pussyfooting or trying to silence it.

>>64715468
Have yet to see a retired soccer player with any signs of trauma induced dementia. I remember a couple of decades ago they found out a disproportionate number of retired serie A players in italy had ALS and they thought it might have something to do with the headers or maybe the products used in the grass fields but nothing came of it. Not that it worries me, I used to be a boxing guy and know well enough I'm fucked lel
>>
>>64715687
>what else can they do
Uhh.. stop playing football. And if they don't, that's their own problem. But don't complain when you're 40 years old and get trapped in your bathroom.
>>
>>64715083
>Football will die before baseball

My sides.
>>
Why would anyone even choose to play football at this point? Their league has the worst salaries, shortest career length, and worst post-career life.
>>
>>64715887
>muh gladiator
>muh my son aint no pussy
>muh fatass kid will get pussy finally

(protip, only thing he'll be getting is alzheimers)
>>
>>64715344
Have you not browsed /sp/ in the last month? The whole "my wife's son" shit is a meme
>>
If they went back to the old football uniforms (1920s era), idiots wouldn't be going for the head.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.