[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is he a legend again? And why does Philly want him back after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: jon gruden.jpg (1MB, 3000x2337px) Image search: [Google]
jon gruden.jpg
1MB, 3000x2337px
Why is he a legend again? And why does Philly want him back after he did almost nothing as the OC.

>Scratch the 2002 Super Bowl, where he beat his team with his team, b/c an offensive "genius" won with a legendary defense led by Monte Kiffin, Mike Tomlin, Joe Barry, and Raheem Morris.

>Since Owl win didn't do anything, went to play-offs once and lost at home to redskins.

>What QB's did he whisper being a QB guru in Tampa, Chris Simms, Josh Freeman?

He was surrounded by excellent asst. coaches in Oakland and Tampa, and when he got a chance to build a true team he lost constantly b/c Oakland and Tampa haven't won a play-off game or really been in the play-offs since 2002.
>>
>>64574212
sims was actually on his way to being decent before he got some really fucked up injury

gruden was gone before freeman
>>
Loudmouth personality, white and looks like chucky so people want to see him
>>
>>64574212
The head coach position is so thin that if you win a Super Bowl or have any amount of playoff success you're guaranteed to get job offers the rest of your life.

Same reason Jim Caldwell and Mike McCarthy still have jobs
>>
>>64574212
He won the SB because the raider's coach did the stupidest move of reverting back to gruden's playbook and it led to their best defensive player to have a panic attack before the game

If he just kept his new play style the raiders would have won the SB and gruden would have been known as a good coach , bad timing.
>>
>>64574260
Ah couldn't remember, I thought Freeman had potential which is why I thought Gruden got him.
>>
The guy won a super bowl with Brad Johnson and was going to win one with Rich Gannon before the tuck rule. I'd say thats some what impressive.
>>
>>64575150
Rich was actually good

I wish the Chiefs built a team around him

He was like our less popular Brett farve
>>
>>64575150
Yeah not denying that, but those two were journeymen QB's, and I said after 2002, I was wondering what QB he drafted and turned from rookie to pro.
>>
>>64575150
>Thinking that Raiders team could beat the Steelers or Greatest Show on Turf

Top kek
>>
>>64575415
Steelers easily, Rams not so much that year.
>>
>>64574405
Offensive player, their center went nuts (literally) the day before and went awol. Also the raiders never changed their audibles from thr gruden regime so essentially the defense knew everything the raiders were going to throw at them.
>>
>>64575814
Wait so you think the 10-6 Raiders would have "easily" beaten the #1 seeded, 13-3 Steelers?

Delusion at it's finest
>>
>>64575913
Might have, but they got cucked by NE and refball losing by a score of 13-16, so we will never know how momentum would have gone, but in the end the entire AFC has lost to NE the past 15 years.
>>
>>64574212
his brother just won the division in his first year as a head coach.
apparently any above average meme coach can win that shitty division.
>>
>>64575415
>thinking the patriots could beat the steelers or the greatest show on turf

see how stupid it sounds? In sports anything is possible
>>
>>64576068
It's certainly possible, but saying the tuck rule was the only thing between the Raiders and a Super Bowl is ridiculous.
>>
>>64576066
Two different divisions, with 5 superowl appearances between them and 3 wins since 2002, so you talking about the AFC South or West, who have 1 out of 4, and 3 of them included HGH Manning?
>>
>>64576016
>entire AFC
Broncos have beaten New England in 2 out 3 playoff match ups in the last 10 years.

The only other time the met in the playoffs was 1987. (broncos won that one too)

Now you know why Patriots fans are so eternally butthurt towards the Broncos.
>>
>>64576200
what are you even talking about?
That division is one of the worst in football this year.

A team clinched the division with 8 wins...lol.
>>
>>64576228
Broncos weren't even on the Patriots radar until Peyton showed up. They're eternally butthurt about Peyton not the Broncos
>>
>>64576263
Jake Plummer beat Tom Brady in a playoff matchup in 2008.

the only time the Patriots have beaten the Broncos in the postseason was against Tim Tebow, thats their one and only post season victory over the Broncos in NFL history.
>>
>>64576280
2006* not 2008
>>
>>64576280
You mean 2005, that doesn't mean they're butthurt at the Broncos.
>>
>>64576262
Tampa Bay is in the south, I thought you were talking about both brothers, but either way, shit this year I guess, just like the NFC South, AFC South, I dunno who else, normally the AFC west wins with 8 or 9 wins, once Peyton goes back into HGH land Denver will be where it belongs, back in mediocrity.
>>
>>64576228
Tom is SHOOK in Mile High
>>
>>64576480
lol
>>
>>64574212
Spider 2 y banana
>>
>>64574212
Chris Simms looked decent before the injury desu.
>>
Literally a meme coach.
>>
>>64574212
He's not a legend, he's a coach with an owl on their resume who isn't currently coaching, which makes him an intriguing candidate for nearly every opening
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.