[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hitch Hiking - Ridesharing Stories Has anyone ever Hitch hiked

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 16

File: drt.jpg (73KB, 636x365px) Image search: [Google]
drt.jpg
73KB, 636x365px
Hitch Hiking - Ridesharing Stories

Has anyone ever Hitch hiked or picked someone up? Anyone ever been back packing? Tell me your stories.

>Heading from Tampa to Tallahassee tonight if anyone needs a ride?
>>
Nobody?
>>
ok. I'm heading out
>>
Picked up three hitch hickers never had an issue and they've all been very grateful for the ride. Walked 20 miles in the rain once because my truck broke down and I was lucky enough for a stranger to pick me up. Good times.
>>
>>25469105

No time for stories, but I have several I can share some other time: mostly mundane, a couple funny, and one particularly nice/lewd one involving buying beer for a couple of bored, young, hitch-hiking girls and fucking them... but retrospectively that one was kind of opportunistically rapey so I look back and shudder at my behavior.

So all I have time for is a little travel-wisdom:

Trust your gut instincts. If you think the person is going to be weird, then don't pick them up or get in their car. Even though it usually works out just fine, you can reduce your travel-stress by avoiding it altogether.

Safe travels! Don't be frightened of cops, but avoid them anyway!
>>
Try this again. Heading back to Nashville from Tallahassee Fridayish. Anyone need a ride? I can go through AL or GA
>>
Eh I have a story about one guy I picked up
> be me driving back home from college
> see guy walking along the road this was mid summer 2006 so yeah
> pull off because I felt bad for the guy and when he walked past asked him if he wanted a ride
> he said yes so he got in and threw his bag in the back
> asked here he was headed yada yada
> so after around 3 hours in the car together he started I guess being weird
> started talking to himself about me in guessing heared the word rape and kind of freaked out
> he then started asking me question about my dick , ass , etc
> so I pulled into the nearest gas station I could find and told him he might want to go as I wouldn't be stopping for a while
> as soon as he went inside I jumped back into the car and drove off at around 100mph or so no joke
> basically chucked his bag out the window
> so after around 2 more hours on the road I pulled off to get gas and looked in the backseat when getting out
> on the seat were 3 condoms , and a small knife
So eh I probably would have got raped / murdered luckily didn't
>>
>>25471363
What?
>>
I have given handjobs, and let a guy suck on my tits once. I travel a lot, so usually handjobs are the norm
>>
>>25471412
What do you mean? Are you the driver or the passenger? How does any of that come up anyways?
>>
>>25471389
It was many years ago some details are probably lost which make it probably seem pretty crazy
>>
>>25471447
Ya, that doesn't seem realistic. The idea of not putting your thumb up and having a rando stranger pick you up so you can rape them? How would stuff get out of his bag? Why would you think any of that stuff was for you? What would be rapist would bring up raping you before hand to tip you off then just get out of the car without trying something? You have to remember YOU picked them up? Their goal is to go wherever. That chances that they, if you were a female, I could understand some rando guy trying something but there are just way too many things in your story that makes no sense.
>>
>>25471480
>too many things in your story that makes no sense
Welcome to the world of crazy
>>
File: De9zdwt.jpg (2MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
De9zdwt.jpg
2MB, 3006x5344px
I did a lot of it back in the days, I was kind of the Black sheep of the family and all, pissed off loads of people on my house/family, mostly because I was interested in the rock and roll life.

It was always me and my brother Kyle doing shit together. Well a long ass time ago we was hitchhiking down a long and lonesome road, and all of a sudden we saw a bright light, we didn't know what the fuck it was so we, the retards we are, go to investigate. It was Daventry Grohl. He was being a bit of a dick, had this body paint and shit on him and fucking INSISTED that we play him a song.

Anyways we played him the best song in the world. He hissed at us and off he went. We fought him later when we found the pick of destiny, pic related.
>>
>>25471499
I mean, I've been around for a bit, and usually things make sense, but sometimes it seems like people just make shit up for affect. Just look at any of the shit on TV now a days. None of that make any sense...
>>
>>25471513
Kek
>>
>>25471412
I bike/hitch rides to move around, it's a pretty casual thing, sometimes you just ge3t very nice people, family etc, that's rare, but its happened to me lol.

Its usually me being coy and them just upfront, they usually want more, but I am good at getting what I wanr
>>
>>25471419
>>25471540
>>25471540

Sorry, wrong reply
>>
>>25471515
Eh at that point I time I was a 19 year old weakling going home from college he could have just been joking around shit like that but why take the chance or he was just batshit crazy
>>
>>25471553
I think you're crazy, sir.
>>
I am from Poland and i've hitchiked few times here. It isn't as bad as long as you are careful with whom you are in car. I have only one bad experience as far. One evening i was coming home alone from my friend's house. She lived around 2 km away from my town and this highway was in pretty secluded area. I was kinda tired and when i noticed a car, i decided to give it a chance. Car stopped and i saw a really nice looking middle-aged man. He looked little like my uncle so i really trust him. Anyway, i get into his car and we started talking. He was going in the direction of my town, so i decided to go with him.
At first he was really ok, but then he started talking how pretty and young i am and that sb should punish me for talking and riding with strangers. I was only 15 then and i started to freak out and shout. Suddenly, he stopped the car i decided to get the hell out of there. I tried but door was blocked. And he is still talking some weird shit and start to touch my face. I didn't know what to do and i tried to punch him. All of sudden, he start yelling at me how evil i am and he opened the door and told me to run away. I did it as fast as i could and i hide in some bushes. I observed him for a while and i noticed that he was talking and swearing to myself. Then he went, and i (still scared as hell) went to my home. I didn't hitchiked that day anymore, and today, after almost four years, i still try not to do it.
>>
>>25471659
this made me laugh for some reason
>>
>>25471694
That's good, laughing is healthy. But.. what reason? Probably my poor english
>>
>>25471907
Your english is good enough. Remember if you're having problems google has a translate that may help. I don't think someone incapable of taking care of themselves should try to hitch a ride or give one. Similar to a 13 yo going on a date with a 30 yo.
>>
File: 20161010_111629-1.jpg (128KB, 983x1373px) Image search: [Google]
20161010_111629-1.jpg
128KB, 983x1373px
Hitchhiker and rubber tramp 5 years and running ama
Pic related, after shooting my rifle in WA with a random hitchhiker
>>
>>25472721
is it nice to fap to the stars in the middle of no where?
>>
>>25472730
Yes. Ive really broadened my fapping horizons. Also sometimes you get laid.
>>
>>25472755
by men? do they all smell?
>>
>>25472764
I havent fucked any dudes, but theres plenty of options if thats your thing anon.
They all smell.
>>
>>25472772
fuck man, i cant fuck smelly women. how do you even deal with it? arent you ever stopped because of the rifle? what happens if you have an out of state ID and the cop is a dick? what happens if you get drunk and locked up?
>>
>>25472785
>cant fuck smelly women
Throw em in a stream first
>stopped because of the rifle
No. Never been bothered about it
>out of state id and the cop is a dick
Nothing? Wat? If you arent doing illegal things or being a huge douchebag the cops generally fuck right off
>drunk and locked up
Same thing that happens to everyone, drunk tank and release in the morning/48 hours. Ive never been arrested on the road. Every time ive been hammered and run across cops they just tell me to move along.
>>
>>25471513
Fucking LOL!
>>
>>25472811
what about money, meals? would you ever think about getting a bicycle?
>>
File: rsz_img_20160605_000330.jpg (209KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160605_000330.jpg
209KB, 1328x747px
>>25472830
>money
I busk or panhandle.
>food
Buy it, eat the trash, ask people for their leftovers etc.
>bike
Im a bit past that point, pic related
I did try for a bike once but the tires popped due to goat heads so i got the goo tubes and then a rim bent to all shit and i left the thing by the side of the road.
>>
>>25472853
i guess you really wouldnt be able to get a good bike if you're panhandling.
do you just walk up to strangers and say "can i have the rest"?
>eat the trash
i hope to you're not doing that
how the hell can you even afford a money for a bus? does it run?
whats the lowest point in your journey?
>>
File: rsz_img_20170513_195501.jpg (124KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20170513_195501.jpg
124KB, 1328x747px
>>25472884
Sit outside nice restraunts playing music, ask for their leftovers or just put a ssign in my guitar case that says food please or something similar. I do eat the trash if im hungry and theres nothing else.
I make pretty good money, i have around 3k in the bus including repairs. I had to get a new engine recently and i was in pic related til i got the bus fixed.
Lowest point hasnt really happened on the road. Nothing ive experienced out here has compared to the level of misery working all the time to barely afford my means brought me. Its been a happy 5 years.
>>
>>25472929
Oh it's a van! Well power to you man, something I've always dreamed of doing was living in a van and driving across America on my Harley. How long do you stay in one city?
>>
File: rsz_img_20160605_092512.jpg (150KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160605_092512.jpg
150KB, 1328x747px
>>25472950
Ive had a Cobalt, an Isuzu Rodeo, my GMC short bus and that Ford van over the last 3 years. Also managed to pay off my student debt from when i thought i could go to college.
I tend to not stay in a town/city more than a couple days unless i meet cool people or find something fun to do. I mostly try to stay /out/ and live innawoods as much as i can.
>>
>>25472964
props to you man. ever been through oklahoma?
>>
>>25473007
Thanks m8. Im in Tulsa right now actually.
>>
>>25473010
holy shit, i'm in OKC. how do you like our shitty state?
>>
File: IMG_20170428_165635.jpg (701KB, 1601x2037px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170428_165635.jpg
701KB, 1601x2037px
>>25473013
Ive been kinda home basing here in Tulsa for about a year, went to Arizona, two trips up to Washington, Nebraska and South Dakota all from Tulsa. I met another anon here and we've been hanging out working on projects and shit whenever im in town. Probably spent a total of 5 months in the state but its been enjoyable. Been able to help a bunch of other travelers here too. Good times all around.
>>
>>25473025
What do you do for hygiene? What did you first bring when you decided to set out?
>>
My vehicle broke down late one night so I got a room (way overpriced) and started walking in the morning. Walked several miles up the interstate, finally an old dodge pickup stopped and a girl waved at me. They were carneys and said they'd take me a little ways but wound up taking me the 100 miles I needed to go. They were like saviors. I bought their lunch and gave them some gas money. Sadly I lost their number.

To pay it forward, I'll occasionally stop for someone broke down, usually it's some weirdo but I keep my saviors in the back of my mind.
>>
>>25473087
I shower at truck stops or bathe in a river/stream typically.
When i first started hitching my bag was ridiculously oberpacked. I may try and find a pic later. Over 100lbs of crap.
>>
>>25473096
What would you recommend someone to set out with in the beginning?
>>
File: rsz_img_20170423_120329.jpg (219KB, 738x960px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20170423_120329.jpg
219KB, 738x960px
>>25473101
You dont need anything more than stuff to comfortably sleep at night. If im out of the backpack these days all i have is two tarps, sleeping bag, pillow, hammock, thermarest, water, couple trash bags and extra socks and underwear. My dog has a backpack for her food and water. On my person i also have a big flashlight, couple knives, phone charger and some first aid shit.
>>
I regularly give rides to dudes. Usually say their destination is out of my way but I can get them halfway there. But if I get a blowjob out of it, I'll bring them the whole way. Me blowing them, that is.

Works about half the time. It's amazing to me. I love bushy pubes (and theirs almost always are) and musky smelling men. Fuck.
>>
>>25473096
anything else worth mentioning will be appreciated. very interesting read
>>
>>25473138
you as well lol damn
>>
File: WP_000547.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_000547.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>>25473096
Here's the only pic of my first pack i have. Taken the day I left my home town.
>>
File: IMAG2214.jpg (770KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2214.jpg
770KB, 1520x2688px
>>25473176
I'll try to post some general greentexts later when I settle down for the night. I can tell specific stories or answer questions for now.
>>
File: IMAG0584.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0584.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
>>25473138
I've had the in crease of the thighs equivalent of dick cheese and multi day stale crusty vagina juice while hitching. You ever run into dicks like that? How far is too far anon?
>>
File: hitchhike_through_middle_east.png (292KB, 477x417px) Image search: [Google]
hitchhike_through_middle_east.png
292KB, 477x417px
>>25469105

>tried to hitch hike across middle east
>died
>>
I love backpacking. I once took a trip from missouri to colorado backpacking. It was amazing. I tested my intuition listening to it the whole way. Not once did I get any money from begging, but all the time people would give me some. They'd say something like "I'm not headed that way but here's a little bit to help you out. and it would be anywhere from 5 to 20 dollars. I bought cigarette tubes and picked up butts getting the tobacco from them. Sometimes I'd buy a bag of tobacco too. The whole way never going without food, or cigarettes. except when I got in no mans land. I went a few hours without cigarettes all the butts on the side of the road had burned up completely.
At one point my intuition told me to stay in a town for a while and I met some super awesome people, they invited me to one of their birthday parties, which was apparently a big deal in that town, a lot of people wanted to go and were not allowed hahaha, made me feel good. I wing maned for a few dudes that night. all the ladies were a little too young for my interests, all early twenties :/ but it was really nice.
>>
>>25473502
love that camp anon
>>
>>25473503
Ya I can put words under some rando picture too.
>>
>>25473090
That's how the world works anon, pay it forward
>>
File: IMAG0576.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0576.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
>>25473530
That was my camp for the Utah National Rainbow Gathering. I was really really fuckin lazy setting that one up. Here's looking down the hammock.
>>
>>25473663
nice ^_^
>>
>>25473503
http://www.snopes.com/bacca-brides-on-tour/
>>
>>25473663
I like to use a hammock and tarp set up too. I don't have any pics from my last journey, left my phone at families house, kicked myself the whole way too :/ This time though I'm so ready. I've added a lot of dear that I missed on the last trip. I even got myself a car ^_^ subaru outback. Plus a coffee press, thermos and a few other things. This time I'll be very comfortable. Though it will be a bigger challenge looking for a place I can camp. I prefer to duck out of site. But at least I won't have to worry about a nasty storm.
I'm currently preparing for a trip west.
>>
>>25472884
stores and resturants throw away perfectly good food in wrappers all the time. It's very surprising what you can find in a dumpster if you know how to look.
Just because we travel doesn't mean we never work. I've been working for a while and managed to buy a car and a few other things. Now I'm about to get back on the road, I'm gettin what I call itchy feet haha. Plus the desk job I've been working has caused me to gain weight and I need some good trails and healthy food to get me back in shape.
>>
File: bRT.png (269KB, 721x755px) Image search: [Google]
bRT.png
269KB, 721x755px
Heading from Tallahassee to Nashville Friday if anyone wants a ride. I can go through AL or GA. Anyone want to go on a road trip? Anyone currently on a road trip?
>>
>driving down road on a rainy night
>see a girl walking thumb up
>pick her up
>says she was headed to Florida with bf but he kicked her out of car
>literally has no destination
>"I'll just ride with you"
>asks if she can smoke in car
>fuck no, I don't do that
>pull over so she can smoke
>pulls out glass pipe and meth
>wtf?
>gets back in a tweaked out
>tells me whole life story
>wants to smoke again, offers me some
>pass, but stop so she can
>I still have 600 miles to go
>getting tired and need to stop
>get motel room
>she says she will sleep in car if that's ok
>offer her the other bed in the room
>she climbs in my bed anyway
>wants to fuck
>no condoms so now fucking way
>pretend to sleep
>20 mintues later she gets up
>hear her rummage around
>sit up and shes in my stuff rooting through my bag
>jump up and grab her
>she breaks down crying
>admits she was going to steal my car
>take her bag and throw it outside
>shes crying and shit
>waits for me until morning
>apologizes and asks for ride
>put her bag in the trunk
>get in car
>don't unlock her door
>drive off
>she gives chase but ultimately gives up because driving
>stop a few miles down road and toss her bag on the side of the road
>look through it
>find two wallets that aren't hers
>holy fuck dodged a bullet
>stop for no one until I reach my destination
>never pick up anyone again
>>
>>25475455
What I keep seeing are stories of people being idiots. The clue should've been the first stop when she got out to smoke meth and had no destination... Strangers aren't bad. People high on meth are generally bad. They make poor decisions and prioritize getting high. If someone seems shady and acts shady... don't give them a ride. If someone is respectful and follows basic social norms, doesn't bother you and has a place to get to, go ahead and pick them up. You don't have to be a white knight to help out a stranger. Don't expect a reward in any fashion, the reward is helping another human because some day that may be you. You're not here to change anyone's life you're giving a ride to help a stranger from point A to point B in a time of need or for companionship on the way to a common destination. Anything else is up to you. If you allow some tweaked out bimbo in your car, you make poor decisions, have no plan for if shit hits the fan or can't defend yourself/take care of your own shit what the fuck are you doing giving rides to strangers? Try becoming an adult first.
>>
>>25475522
>>25475455
This. Why the fuck would you let a random meth head sleep in your hotel room with you? She behaved exactly how she was supposed to - like a fucking meth addict.
>>
File: 041.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
041.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>25475403
This is my ride. I usually keep it pretty clean because I have a place to keep my stuff, but when I hit the road everything I own fit's in it.
>>
>>25475522
Yeah on my last trip I bumped into another traveler and he was geeked out of his mind talking about how easy ti was to make meth. We were both considering getting a road dog, but after he brought that up and seen my not so happy reaction we decided to part ways. He found a ride in less than 30 minutes. I'm more of a walker myself, I'll take a ride if offered but I'm not going up and asking people. I still got quite a few rides, just from people that weren't going far, so it was a lot of walking as well. I like it that way though. I'm not big on begging.
>>
>>25475786
nice ride, could use some decals though. like a few favorite bands or something. Still nice though.
>>
>>25475898
Unmarked doesn't get bothered by cops as often. I can go to any home depot and fit in with the 20 other white unmarked vans as well. I look like a fleet vehicle because it was once part of a fleet.
>>
I've hitchhiked loads, never had any bad or weird experiences hitchhiking though..
>>
>>25475900
very good point
>>
>>25475900
Thats a meme for the record. Cops dont bother you because traveling around in your van is not illegal and you can park literally anywhere for a night at a time. Has fuck all to do with your rape van. Im not sure why everyone thinks that, its one of those, "well it sounds right" things except in reality it doesnt do anything.
>>
>>25475993
It is true cops don't bother me because I try to not do illegal things but, try to tell me cops don't bother red sports cars more than say a family sedan? Most authorities are more lenient with other cops, the families of other cops, out of state plates, and working vehicles.
>>
File: 1498446927695.jpg (69KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498446927695.jpg
69KB, 960x960px
>>25475900
Why though? It's not illegal to travel in a van. I would've imagined a blank looking van to actually bring more attention.
>>
>>25476011
Ive traveled around in multiple vehicles for years
>>25472964
The most cops have ever done in nearly 6 years is put a "please move your bus off the street" sticker on my window while i slept in a residential. In fact the number of times cops have helped me out is higher than times ive been bothered doing anything.
>>
>>25476030
Write fuck the police on the side of your car. It's not illegal, but I'm pretty sure you'll still get pulled over more often then not. A fleet vehicle is full of people who travel often and are usually working. It's just how it is. I don't make the rules. I'm not worried about spending the night parked at a walmart or in some other parking lot. It's just general driving and highway jazz that cops are often more lenient with and harass less... Then again, I don't speed and I follow the law.
>>
>>25476034
I should also mention i look like a hooligan and quite often have multiple other people with me partying and playing music.
>>
>>25475993
Yah, I think you think I'm trying to say cops bother me because I'm in a van... I'm not trying to say that. I'm saying they bother me less than if I tagged the hell out of the side of my van. As a simple nondescript van, I fit in everywhere. Unless I'm doing something blatantly illegal, they tend to not notice or care about me. I can probably get away with more on a highway than a Ferrari or your average 2 door.

I am a black man with crazy hair...
>>
>>25476058
Buddy all im saying is cops dont bother you period. Vehicle doesnt matter. If you arent fucking up then theres no cops. Its a meme that an unmarked white van gets bothered less. Reality is that you dont get bothered in anything as long as you follow the law.
>>
>>25476068
You haven't been black in a new car in FL have you?
>>
>>25476075
I respect your opinion, but have personally experienced differently. Though knowing the law and my rights have kept me out of lots of trouble and hassle, regardless.
>>
>>25476075
Anon please, even im not stupid enough to do that.
Fuck every part of FL forever.
>>
>>25476088
Gotta love the south...
>>
I don't drink, but was once hanging in a bar as a DD for my roommate where I was cock blocking dorks who were spitting game at anything that moves... you know the type. Anyways, my roommate who was a tall chick, ended up hitting it off with these two lesbians who invited us back to their place to party more after last call. Well, since I hadn't been drinking I offered to drive, and needless to say a black man in a small sports car with 3 drunk white women... I was pulled over. Officer tried to say I was swerving, I hadn't drank a drop, I wasn't swerving... Wrote me the wrong ticket for my tag light being out, wasn't even my car and the usual fix it ticket is usually 12 bucks but he wrote me a ticket for the light not being installed which is a 250 dollar ticket... So, no one went to jail, 4th and 5th they had nothing to hold me on, the cop never showed up in court, and I got a grateful threesome for getting everyone back safe. Lucky me.
>>
>>25476011
>>25476058
it's actually not really the cops. There are people that make bullshit calls to cops when they see something that offends them. It's really a luck of the draw kind of thing but at the same time if you have a nondiscript vehicle you don't get noticed by those people.
The cops usually know that those call ins are BS but they also have to do something so something happens.

>>25476132
I bet you anything you got pulled over because one of those punks you were cockblocking had friends in the police.
>>
>>25476466
It was probably because drunk women crammed into a small car are loud and obnoxious, it was like 3 am, he was profiling, and thought he had an easy mark.
>>
>>25476516

I will admit that is a possibility.
>>
>>25473502

I've encountered thigh cheese. It's alright. Neither a turn off nor a turn on.

Only dicks I've turned down are obviously-STD-ridden ones with pus leaking out and shit. Only happened 3 times (I've sucked about 20 guys this way).
>>
Last fall I moved to south eastern Germany for a few months. While I was there, I took a language course in the nearest city to where I was staying. I had to take a bus every morning that would go to all the little surrounding villages and take people into the city. I had been in Germany at the time for about a month. I had just about gotten the hang of the bus system. My strategy though really was to just keep taking the same exact bus into the city and out at the same exact times every day. Well, this gave me a cocky "whatever, just doing what I do every day, don't have to think much about it" attitude after a while. And that inevitably screwed me over when one morning I took the absolutely, completely wrong bus going the opposite direction of the city. Turns out, with my fucking goddamned luck, the bus driver (of the wrong bus) stopped at my stop because he saw me standing there, even though he wasn't really supposed to stop there at that time. It came right at the time of my usual bus, so I got right on and sat down without even thinking about checking to see what bus it was. Next thing I know, I'm staring out the window watching as the bus misses the usual turn to go to the city. Slightly panicked, I try and look around the bus for any kind of writing that would tell me what bus this was. Nothing at all. At this point I'm trying to convince myself that this bus is probably just taking a different route. There are tons of buses and tons of bus stops! Surely it was just going out of it's way to catch a few more stops on the way. My hope slowly deflated as we drove farther and farther out into the countryside, only passing through a few small villages. I was fucking freaked at this point. I felt oddly safe on the bus, but knew it was just taking me farther away from my home. I had to get off.
>>
>>25476914
Dun dun dun!
>>
>>25476914
(continued) I finally pushed myself to get off the bus, not caring what stop it was because at this point I was utterly lost and just needed to stop driving farther out. So, I guess I forgot to mention that despite me clearly being as airhead and not knowing the area or language, I didn't have a cell phone. So there was no way for me to contact anyone to help me. I didn't even know their numbers off the top of my head or have them written down somewhere (i realize how fucking nutso that is now). I was very, very convinced at this point that I was fucked. Probably going to get kidnapped and sold into slavery, or gang raped by refugees (this is eastern Europe guys, and my mind was going to some horrifically fucked up scenarios). So, here I am just walking on the side of the road wearing some combat boots and a flowy white dress with a backpack slung over my shoulder. As I didn't know what the fuck else to do, I just started walking. I thought maybe if I started walking the way the bus came I could get closer to home and figure out my surroundings enough to lead me to the right bus to take home. It's like 7am and it's cold and windy causing my dress to fly every which way. After walking for about an hour, I was so turned around that I wasn't even sure if I was walking in the direction of my home anymore. I decided shortly after that (against my better judgement) to stick my thumb out. People hitchhike in Europe, right? Us Americans are so paranoid, but in Europe hitchhiking is no biggie like we still in the 70's, right? I blew off the first two cars by putting my thumb down and walking really slow after they pulled over. It wasn't until a big yellow DHL delivery truck pulled over right behind me, giving me little chance to be a wuss, that I got off the side of the road. I had to grab at the seat and hoist myself up to get into the passenger side of the cab. All I could think was "great, a fucking trucker." I knew what this meant.
>>
>>25476998
Anon, why? Similar story with me but in Mexico at 2am but I had an iPod at least
>>
>>25472721
Cute.
>>
>>25476998
(continued) Now will commence my pathetic rape and death by strangulation, followed by the disposal of my limp body in a roadside ditch!
The man driving greeted me with a smile and started spewing out some kind of german language masked in a heavy russian accent. I had a feeling anyone who picked me up out here in the German boonies wouldn't speak a lick of English, so I wasn't disappointed. His cab is decorated with fabrics and multiple beaded necklaces hanging from the rearview mirror. We try a few times to ask each other questions, me in English and him in German. We aren't understanding each other and I'm getting frustrated because he's just driving along, for all I know driving me to fucking Russia. Finally he asks me something simple, something I know as an A1 level student, which was how are you/ are you okay. Something along those lines, I thought. I said yes, yes I'm fine and as I said that I felt so much relief. He seemed genuine, caring enough to ask how I was at least. Then, he reaches over and grabs my hand from my lap. He pulls it towards him so he can hold it, resting on the seat between us. I just stared at him with probably the biggest "what. the. fuck." face that someone can give. He didn't even look at me, just kept his head faced towards the road. Have you ever felt so freaked out that your mind is going a mile a minute and you just end up staring wide eyed, blankly into space? (this has happened to me several times idk if its just a me thing). It's like you're not even able to move your body, eyeballs included, because your thoughts are racing and taking up so much of your concentration. Once I allowed some concentration to be put back into blinking and eyeball movement, I noticed that right behind the two front seats was a small rectangle of space made up into a bed. That's when I ripped my hand away and tried to open the door.
>>
>>25477077
The back of most truck cabs have a sleeping area. Really good ones have AC and the works.
>>
>>25477077
(continued)
I was frantically trying to find the handle and just flat out smacking the shit out of that door trying to get it open. I wasn't sure what my game plan was, as the car was speeding along on a highway, but I had hit peak panic mode and flying out the side of a moving truck on a highway seemed pretty fine to me. The man is just shouting at me in German I can't understand and isn't pulling over. I remember he kept pointing at the road ahead of us with his whole hand. Seemed pretty aggressive to me! I'm actually really surprised I wasn't crying at this point. I suppose I was just really stunned. I kept saying "just let me out, please I want to get out." About 10 minutes later, he takes a road off the highway and pulls into the back of a DHL warehouse. There were several other delivery trucks and delivery workers walking about. I practically had my face pressed up against the glass as we pulled in. I was desperate for someone to see me, still under the assumption that I was this man's prey. I pulled at the door as soon as he stopped, but it was still locked. This time I just looked at the guy, kind of like "ok can you let me out now? I'm about ready to throw a fit and scream for someone else to come open the door." He motioned for me to wait and ran to somewhere behind the truck. He left his door open, so seeing this as my window of opportunity, i didn't hesitate to grab my stuff and frantically scoot over to the door. He came back right as I was about to attempt to scale the side of the truck to get down. A woman came following after him. I was cooonfuuused. Again, he starts running his mouth a mile a minute, German of course. The woman looks at me and to my fucking disbelief starts translating what he is saying into English.
>>
>>25477140
(continued) She says that his name is Alexander and he is from Russia. She asks me what happened and where I am going, to which I tell her I just need a ride back to my home town. Then she goes on to translate Alexander explaining to me that he has a daughter my age back in Russia and he didn't mean to make me scared, he wanted to do the exact opposite in fact, which is why he grabbed my hand I'm assuming....? Anywho Alex turned out to be the homie and I let him drive me back to my bus stop because it was on his way anyways. And that ends my terrifying, yet slightly uneventful (from an outside perspective) hitchhiking experience!
>>
Looks like another lonely 9 hour drive for me.
>>
I want to see the coming solar eclipse but I'm broke and live in nyc, if I hitchhike down to like south Carolina to see it, I won't die right?
>>
>>25478434
IDK. You can probably find a forum in your area of people who want to go, then all pitch in like 10 bucks get a van and a hotel room for the night.
>>
>>25478437
... If you have a valid ID and a credit card you can easily rent a passenger van for from 20 to 100 bucks. I haven't done it in a while as I own a van... Google it?
>>
Oldanon here. Haven't picked up a hitchhiker since the 70's but back then it was "gas, grass or ass. want a ride? you decide."

Got all three at one time or another. I used to drive from Connecticut to Dallas about 8 times a year and was always picking up people.
>>
>>25478460
I have a bumper sticker that says that and a sticker on my helmet that says no butt no putt
>>
>>25478466
are you an oldanon too or just smart?
>>
>>25478481
I've been here a while but I'm only 30... IDK. I often feel old but I know real oldanons and to them I'm still just a kid.
>>
>>25478440
That's not a bad idea,thanks kind anon, too bad I'm still too young to rent a van
>>
Last night before hitting the road bump
>>
I want to but every time I see someone I'm either working or trying not to be late to work.
>>
>>25478466
>helmet
do you pick up rides on your bike?
>>
>>25481480
Sometimes, but I don't ride it very often. I'm usually in the van on the road working.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.