[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strange People of DC Unite! How do you find other interesting,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: metromap_021605.gif (90KB, 760x720px) Image search: [Google]
metromap_021605.gif
90KB, 760x720px
Strange People of DC Unite! How do you find other interesting, off-the-beaten-path types in this city of money and gloom? Facebook groups? Meetups? 4chan?

Anons near and inside Washington DC, hear my plight. If you live here, you know a few things about this city. Including the fact that this city is largely a tight-lipped, career-obsessed web of money and cold shoulders. For being a politically left-leaning city, it's not very socially liberal...admitting you smoke pot is still a career death knell in most fields, and enjoying the arts without having the financial means to be a patron is a sign of those "not too serious about life." Camping is for losers, and you better not admit you are into anything childish like video games or jamming with friends. Yes it's gay friendly, yes pot is next-to-legal here, but the above assertion still stands. I know that's a bit of a blanket statement, and you may disagree, but hear me out....
>>
I moved into this city in my late 20s, five years ago. I'm fairly tame by 4chan standards I guess, but to most of my business contemporaries I am a terrifying pirate king idiot. I built my own business, and I look the part of any well-to-do asshole strutting around in his suit on these streets. But I drink and smoke pot in my leisure time, sometimes aggressively. My favorite thing in the world is to eat too many tabs of LSD. My other hobbies, that give any real value to the chemicals mentioned above, include playing my keyboard and bass, recording crazy sounds and avant garde noise bordering on savant tarde. Going to camp-out music festivals is like christmas for me. I adore RPGs and more social nerdgasms like Sentinels of the Multiverse and D&D. I love dive bars and fine dining and I love meeting new people. I meditate a lot (in the traditional sense) and am into several different spiritual paths that give it all meaning.

Why do I bother jerking out my qualities for you? BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND A FUCKING INTERESTING SOUL IN THIS WHOLE FUCKING GOD DAMNED CITY! I literally have not found a consistent smoking buddy in five years. I have not found a group to jam with. I have not found people that want to do drugs with me and my lovely fiance. I have not found anyone to play videogames with. I have not found anyone that listens to worthwhile music or goes to music festivals. Everyone in my business could not be farther from these hobbies, I may as well be an alien to them.
>>
So my plight, my question to you again, knowing that you're out there:

How do you find worthwhile people to befriend in this city? I look for facebook groups, meetup groups, craigslist. But it's hard to even know what to look for....nobody is going to publicly advertise their tripping group. Yeah you can find some public DnD groups around but they typically aren't exactly my speed regarding other things. I go to shows, but when it's just you and your fiance going everywhere its hard to meet non-couples in my experience.

My people: where are you? How do you find other people like us?
>>
>>25400667
30 yo neet here
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.