[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

parents are kicking me out i have a month to gtfo and they've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: example-block.jpg (30KB, 585x340px) Image search: [Google]
example-block.jpg
30KB, 585x340px
parents are kicking me out

i have a month to gtfo and they've threatened me with cops. i'm not a bad dude, just haven't left home and my mom is a nut case and just goes overboard like that

anyway

i need a "things i need to not die" list. i already have a few essentials like pots/pan, rice cooker, silverware. just throw shit out there. i have an OKAY amount of money saved up so i should be ok and i've been planning for a bit

WHAT DO I NEED TO LIVE ON MY OWN. MAINLY ESSENTIALS PLS
>>
i think you'd be better using as "get it as you need it approach"
just use a sleeping bag in your new place for a week and then get what u need
honestly, the less shit u own, the easier your life will be
>>
Do you have a job?
Do you have enough money to be able to afford rent?

If yes to both, you're better off getting some things at a dollar store and then replacing them with better things as you need them
>>
>>25393046
yes to both. yeah you might be right. some things i feel like you need like a rice cooker, i picked one up for i think around 20 bucks

but maybe some replaceables wouldn't be too bad. and like this guy

>>25393037

said. the less things i own the easier things will be
>>
>>25393049
Two tips:

1. Go about your day at home normally and keep a mental note of the things you use that you feel are necessities, or are really important. Write that all down and there you go.
2. For appliances and basic home furnishing, good will/consignment stores are your best bet. Stuff that you might need but don't think about (lamps, clocks, etc)
>>
>>25393031
If you think a rice cooker is an essential you're already in trouble.

Make sure your new place has a PLUNGER. Make sure you have a small assortment of tools. It's the things like plastic wrap and a pair of scissors that you'll forget.
>>
>>25393031
you'll need money, so you need a job as soon as possible
expect to work for minimum wage
you'll need a room to rent at least for the night
doesn't matter if it's technically a closet, as long as you have a place to sleep
>>
How old are you? How do people not know what they need to live?

Think about what items you use daily. Those are what you need. Buy the rest as you need them, don't go through your money buying useless things you THINK you need. You can get by without most furniture for awhile.
>>
Chicken and rice will save your life. I can eat for two-three weeks spending 30 dollars. As other anons said get things as you need. The less stuff the better you are imo. If you need things to enjoy your life then get into working out or playing music. Cheap ways to pass the time.
>>
>>25393031
you'll need basic kitchen utensils
Plate, Bowl, Mug, Fork, knife, spoon
if you plan to cook you may need a pot or pan too

you'll need toiletries so the basics like
soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, razor
you'll need a bathrobe, Towel, and face cloth too
and almost forgot laundry detergent

you'll need basic bedding for sleep
Sheets, pillow, blanket, or just buy a sleeping bag

to carry clothes and luggage you'll need a Large Duffel bags
easily found at a Military surplus store
Rubbermaid tote crates are also good for luggage
but would need a car for transport
>>
>>25393031
4 chan won't let me post the rest of my advice
it thinks it's all spam
>>
>>25393031
I got an idea

>>>adv
>>
>>25393031
Very important get toilet paper
>>
File: 1496110473918.png (86KB, 291x378px) Image search: [Google]
1496110473918.png
86KB, 291x378px
>>25393031
You can survive with a minimum of items in your possession. If you're careful, you can get most of what you need for free or very cheap. Cheap out on furniture, for instance.

Just think: when you get a place of your own, it's going to have a KITCHEN, a BATHROOM, a LIVING ROOM and a BEDROOM. Everything you need for each of these rooms, get as cheaply as you can.

The kitchen stuff you need depends on your cooking skills. Me personally, I know I need at least two frying pans, two pots with lids, measuring cups and a cookie sheet. Try to get silverware for 4 if you can.

You can buy a used mattress to stay cheap, and if you have a truck you can pick up various furniture items that people throw out. You would be amazed what people will put in the garbage; maybe you can find working electronics as well.

Overall; you're going to need well over $1000 after first month's rent and damage deposit. So that's over $2000 in order to move out. I wish you all the best bud and I hope it all works out.
>>
File: 227699.jpg (310KB, 550x428px) Image search: [Google]
227699.jpg
310KB, 550x428px
If you need to save money: http://andrewhy.de/how-to-live-comfortably-on-36-a-month-for-food/
Rice and Beans, Oatmeal and not being afraid of dumpster diving is your friend.
Since you already got a rice cooker, look up recipes for it, too. You can even make banana bread with that thing.

Get furniture only used and cheap off craigslist or off the trash. Don't you ever spend 50bucks for something like a bookshelf when people are literally giving those away for free or throwing away.

Else the minimum stuff I need is my stove, my bed (that is a matress on a makeshift bed out of europallets) and being able to sit on the PC. A lawnchair and putting in on top of multiple cartons is good enough. Using your laptop in bed all the time is bad for your back and makes one easily depressed. Else don't go around buying stuff. You actually need way less than you think.

Two towels and two sets of bedsheets that you change while you wash the used ones. One big pot, one smaller pot and one pan. One knife, one fork and one spoon. A cup and something to measure it, if you want to cook. Else you get one bottle of water that you then refill with tap water again and again. A broom for cleaning, later a bucket and make your own cleaner out of vinegar and lemons if you're really stingy like me. Pic related.

[cont]
>>
>>25397567

Try to keep it clean and in order. Only pack what you really truly need. All that small "memory" stuff like some random stickers and so much notes. All throw it away. Your life starts now, it will all come back. Pack it all in different boxes, one for clothes, one for misc. stuff etc.
If you notice you have stuff you never got out of the boxes in 6 months, sell it. From that money you buy things you really need.

If money comes your way, buy one small thing (less than 10bucks) to make yourself happy from time to time. For me it's scented candles or tea. It's important to keep a good morale. If you then have more money, get the things you need dialy in bulk since they are cheaper and so you have not to worry about it for like the next months. I'm talking about stuff like toothpaste, toilet paper, rice and pasta or long life milk.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.