[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just curious... Are there any other Type 1 diabetics out there?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: awkwardyetidiabetes.png (261KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
awkwardyetidiabetes.png
261KB, 1024x1024px
Just curious... Are there any other Type 1 diabetics out there? Are you floating around here somewhere? I can't be the only one on soc... right?
>>
>>25362515
Whats up dude. Waiting on my new 670g from medtronic
>>
>>25362536
I'm getting a new pump. I'm gonna be on Tandem. And I've got a new CGM coming. So excited!
>>
>>25362542
Ayy nice man. I have an enlite cgm, its pretty good but I lost the transmitter (think someone threw it out thinking,it was trash...) So I'm cgmless until I get upgraded to the new artificial pancreas.

Just got my a1c the other day too, 5.3, pretty happy with that
>>
I'm not a diabetic but definitely look like i'd be an opt-in one. I have a lot of family that has Type-1 but most of them just work with your basic OneTouch tester and then an insulin injector. Is injection really that likely to build a ppuch or cause major, permanent swelling in the site?
>>
>>25362555

If you don't rotate injection or infusion sites regularly, you'll get a giant lump of really painful tissue. It sucks. I rotate between four spots on my chest and a couple spots on my inner thighs. I dont infuse in the arm because my arms are too big and my bday% too low for it to be comfortable
>>
>>25362550
Got mine back two days ago. It came down to 7%. Which is amazing for me. In November it was 11.1%, then in January, it was 8.2%.

I was really bad off for a really long time.

If my kidneys last until I'm 30 (another 5 years), I'll be happy.
>>
>>25362572
Hey that's amazing man! Its (almost) never too late to stay healthy.

I had the opposite problem when I was first diagnosed and on lantus/novalog pens. I would be low (50-70) constantly because I refused to eat carbs. I think my first a1c after being diagnosed was a drop from 13 to 4.9. Being hypo all the time really blows dick
>>
>>25362615
I'm a chick....

But you should see my logs from two months ago. They were horribly low. I was constantly between 30 and 80. Maybe had some 100s in there, but it was mostly a mess.

How old were you when you were diagnosed?
>>
>>25362635
Sorry, I call everyone man.

I got diagnosed right after my 20th birthday. I was a late bloomer
>>
>>25362689
That's alright.

That is a little late. I'm opposite end. I was diagnosed really young when I was 3.
>>
Last month was 11 years since diagnosis, I'm 21. Got myself a celebratory new pump, the 630G. Came with a Dexcom G5, but in the excitement of unboxing I lost the transmitter somewhere in my room. I'll find it eventually and join the CGM club.

It's good to see other type 1's reaching out. I'm in WNC, if anyone wants to tangle up infusion sets.
>>
>>25362710
Damn that's rough. How'd you deal with it as a kid?

>>25362747
The 630g is aight man, I love mine.

Except for the alerts, I had to turn all mine off because they're so obnoxious.
>>
>>25362866
I don't remember much of it, actually. A lot of kids in school teased me because kids are assholes, and I had (what they thought was) a "contagious disease." So I went home crying a lot.

I blocked out about 10 years of my childhood because of it.

I remember a few bad lows in the middle of the night where I was "awake" but still stuck in my dream. A train came through my bedroom once. That was a big intense for a six year old.
>>
>>25362919
Kids are such fucking cunts. I had enough troubles being a quiet awkward loner in school, let alone dealing with the beetus.

You must be a pretty strong person after going through all that
>>
>>25362919
>>25362866
But, at the same time, there's diabetic summer camps. They're kinda fun, if you like summer camps. I enjoyed them until I got kicked out because someone thought I said the word pussy.

I'm actually looking for an adult version in my area. I miss actual support groups and, well, people who know what it's like.

>>25362931
No one thing from the whole diabetes experience has changed, but the entire ordeal has made me stronger, I think. That and I'm pretty fucking baller at simple math.
>>
>>25362938
I like to think of it as us basically cheating at life - if we don't eat healthy and exercise, we die slow and agonizing deaths. Makes it a lot easier to be disciplined on dieting and going to the gym, for me anyways.

Unfortunately I live in such a rural area there aren't any support groups, but I have a couple of diabetic coworkers I can bitch to when my numbers arent perfect. It does help a lot.

The math thing is true though, shit. I'm amazing at ratios now.
>>
>>25362952
I keep pretty healthy, for the most part. Nothing too overwhelming, and if I want an oreo, you can bet your ass I'm gonna eat my cookie. But I generally keep a good balance.

My ratios get tweaked often, too, so I've got a bit of a wide net of numbers I can just do off the top of my head. And carb guessing with adding. It's magical.
I'm gonna hop off my computer. My kik is krissy.kins if anyone wants to chat about any random stuff at all, beetus or otherwise.
>>
Have any of you had severe low episodes? Most of my highschool years were dotted with random blackouts from lows during the day, with over 20 grand mal seizures throughout a three year stretch. Thankfully I have my hypoglycemia awareness back now, I start to feel awful at even 70.
>>
>>25363933
I've had pretty bad lows. My seizures typically only hit if I was sleeping, but I'd had black outs while awake if I dropped below 35.

I was really unaware for a while. I still am a little bit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.