[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here meditation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Who here meditation
>>
>>25353953
Present

Btw this is the best pic you've ever posted of yourself
>>
proper posture is necessary for proper meditation
you are merely sitting here -- sitting still has fantastic benefits. but this is just sitting -- if not, what meditation is this?
>>
>>25353953
I try to for about 20 mins a day
I think it is very calming
>>
>>25353987
isnt meditation just sitting with the back straight and focusing on the breath or an object
>>
>>25354029
thats sitting
>>
>>25354081
hows meditation
>>
>>25354081
You're an idiot
>>
>>25354104
theres many different disseminations of meditation. they require practice and discipline, you dont get there by doing the forms halfway. it requires strict adherence to the traditions.

sitting in the sun has benefits sure, its very calming and relaxing to focus on your breath. it may reduce anxieties.

come to /x/ if you want to learn more about the difference, loads of information here. pick a practice, adhere.
>>
>>25354126
that sounds more like specific rituals to spiritual entities
>>
>>25354130
keep sitting then.

>who here /sits/
>>
>>25354134
:^)
>>
>>25353987
What a fucking pleb.

>>25354104
You're doing fine! Mindfulness can be applied to any and every activity! From brushing your teeth, to eating an apple, to taking a shower or even driving a car. I meditate as much as I possibly can. I also do compassion practices. I really enjoy reiki and reiki circles too
>>
Not necessarily Eastern meditation, but I do some hours of the Divine Office and the Rosary.

Regardless of which spiritual tradition it's based in, meditation is a powerful and excellent tool.
>>
for those interested:
http://www.meditationexpert.com/ebok/howtomeditate.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9avnnk9e5180bon/Meditation.zip
>>
Went to a Buddhist high school that practiced meditation every day before and after school, though it was more sitting because how tf are you going to get 15-20 teenagers to legit meditate?
>>
File: meditation (Starting Sit).jpg (2MB, 518x3648px) Image search: [Google]
meditation (Starting Sit).jpg
2MB, 518x3648px
>>25354029
Meditation has many uses.
>>
File: 0072.jpg (64KB, 749x468px) Image search: [Google]
0072.jpg
64KB, 749x468px
>>25356269
>http://www.meditationexpert.com/ebok/howtomeditate.pdf
>36 pages
You want to scare him off or something? C'mon dude.

http://www.masculinedevelopment.com/meditate-beginners-5-simple-steps/
>>
Meditation is synonymous with Mental Exercise. Like physical exercise, there are many forms of meditation including Yoga and Prayer as all include some form of mental exercise that calms/grounds the person doing them. I'd say real meditation includes anything that does that, instead of simple brainwashing like listening to music which wears off instantly. There's a fine line between what helps and what is extremely temporary or just a placebo.
>>
>>25354029
Read Shiva Samhita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, etc.

The benefits of meditating in proper asana are numerous.
>>
Yeah I meditate 40 min twice a day AMA.
>>
>>25358306
How old are you and where do you live?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.