[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone had any experience with poly relationships? I don't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1496594807539.png (289KB, 565x512px) Image search: [Google]
1496594807539.png
289KB, 565x512px
Has anyone had any experience with poly relationships?

I don't know why, but me and my gf have been talking about being in one for years now. We've had multiple people we were interested in, chatted with, enjoyed spending time together, video calling and all that but it never worked out because of distances involved. I'm just wondering how much does it change once you do get involved fully irl with such a thing and is it just a recipe for disaster in every single case?
>>
>>25319827
Not every single case, but it's kind of like winning a lottery when you have two people who are both emotionally equipped to deal with that sort of thing, not feel any significant amounts of jealousy, be excellent enough communicators to make the kind of thing work, and finally love each other enough that neither would ever think of leaving even when (also) falling in love with someone else who is better in every way.

In short, it isn't for most people. Poly is NOT the same as being in an open relationship or swining, as those (along with being their own beasts) are more centered on physical attraction rather than emotional stability.
>>
>>25319921
Yeah, this.
Although I wouldn't say it's SUPER rare, it takes people who are equipped and able to handle the feelings and able to communicate and deal with people to make it work. Lots of people have successful poly relationships, and even more can't even maintain monogamous, or are only really able to deal with monogamy. It's all dependent on people and factors and just making sure you're with someone who can respect you and be willing to do what it takes to deal with the situation.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.