[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /soc Do you dress like a gentleman or a bum? How do you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 12e12441.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
12e12441.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
Hello /soc

Do you dress like a gentleman or a bum?

How do you expect people to take you seriously when you wear a GotT T-shirt, hoodie and trainers in your late 30's?

How do you dress well and look good, but dont have the cash for an amazing wardrobe etc.

>tfw seeking tips
>>
Mid twenties male here and I dress like a bum... think baggy pants, boots, long shirt/ t-shirt under a hoodie. Sometimes a hat or slouch beanie.

I have low expectations for people to take me seriously when I'm dressed looking like a bum. I'm comfortable and not trying to impress anyone.

I personally shop for clothes when stores like TJMaxx are having seasonal sales. Starting off small with a versatile pair of dress shoes, two pairs of slacks and a few buttoned down shirts. Depending on your cash flow you can add personality to your look by shopping at second hand stores for vests, ties, cuff links, etc. for some personality. Other times, you can find a good deal on three pieces suits that are also on sale- but make sure to get them tailored too.
>>
>>25044279
20 to 40 years old, go for SWAG.
40 years old and above, go for class.

Social standards.

If you cant demonstrate you are a cool balla during your finest years, you wont get to taste that mango chutney high quality puss-puss.

If you cant show you are into big money at 40, you will get married to a whale and you can consider your life as a full circle by now.

Your woman is a trophy that will get you respect from other men, they will feel inferior if you are the proud owner of a top class tier. So does your net worth.
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>25044348
Cheers mate, yeah there are somthing you just need as essentials, good shoes, boots. Shirts.

I just dont fel brave enough to dress up, I guess the class system in the UK is difficult to break.
>>
>>25044747
>If you cant demonstrate you are a cool balla during your finest years, you wont get to taste that mango chutney high quality puss-puss.

LOL, fucking hell mate, good advice yeah, sort your shit out, I need to dress better, im such a slob
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>25044747
>Your woman is a trophy that will get you respect from other men
Image, its everything.

shit, no wonder i'm single.

Fuck... time goes so fast
>>
>>25044747

Fuck this redpill shit. Women aren't trophies. Women don't ONLY choose men with money. I know knockouts who are married to broke guys who have a decent personality and a full-time job.

>Your woman is a trophy that will get you respect from other men

As if the respect of other men is vital to a human existence. Take that Mad Men bullshit and gtfoh
>>
>>25045029
Classism is a thing, but your personality gives away your social class. I'm from a poor working class and I can only obtain middle class looks if I buy the right brands. I don't consider the US and UK to be completely different.

I suggest going in groups if possible. There is power in numbers if you can dress up the way you want with like minded people
>>
File: 2eef1.jpg (32KB, 460x400px) Image search: [Google]
2eef1.jpg
32KB, 460x400px
>>25045118
Aye, agreed, I need to join a club lol
>>
>>25045059
Depends on what you are seeking.

I am not the emotionnal man.

Member of some ballers club, slowly making it into the fashion scene.

If you are into platinum amex, cosy restaurants and stuff, take my advice. If not, feel free to tell me I am an asshole.

I am human, smashing beezies for now, but one day Ill go for a standard wife, will enjoy her presence, make her babies, full circled life.

Goals first, then circle.
>>
>>25045044
+ Wearing suits almost all the time, but feel better with my ugly sweaters and destroyed OG sneakers.
>>
>>25045118
Check grailed.com, afford top tier for 2 pennies.
>>
>>25044279
In the middle.
>Jeans that fit
>polo or button down
>Capped work boots, black, shined.

I don't know what it is about a walmart suit that allows people to not do their work at my job but if we all dress like the pretty people on the TV than Nothing would ever get done.

>I can't rack that server, this is my good pocket square.
Eat a dick.
>>
34 m here
I dress bummy because I hate dressing fancy. Last week I went to sign the papers on a house I just bought and everyone at the title company were wearing fancy clothes. I walk in wearing black cargo shorts with a maroon brian jonestown massacre shirt, I loved it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.