[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HPV Ethics So, we all know that 80-90% of people will get HPV

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

HPV Ethics

So, we all know that 80-90% of people will get HPV in their lifetime. Doctors basically assume everyone has it.

Anyway, I was told I have a "high risk strain".

We also know HPV is highly contagious. You don't need to sleep with someone to give them HPV. You can spread HPV while wearing a condom.

In addition, in 99.9% of cases there is no reaction in males.

Basically, my question is...as a female with HPV, do I have to tell random people I sleep with that I have it?
(Keep in mind the CDC does not consider this a "reportable disease" like other STDs are)
>>
>>24941441
tell the truth and whatever happens is the best outcome possible
>>
(HPV is the condition that causes cervical cancer)
Scientists have linked about a dozen "high risk strains" as mire likely to progress to cancer.

Back in the mid 2000's they released a vaccine called Gardasil-4 that protects against the 4 strains most likely to cause cervical cancer.
I received this vaccine serries.
I was told I don't have one of the strains in the vaccine.

(Of course now that it's too late for me there is Gardasil-9, that covers a few more high risk strains)
>>
>>24941441
I'm curious is testing for HPV only on women? Can men get tested for HPV? Or is regular testing for HPV only done on women?
>>
I wouldnt sweat it desu. Most of them probably have it anyway and just don't know it.
>>
>>24941454
There is only HPV testing via cervical swab DNA PCR
>>
>>24941471
That's what I thought. Seems kind of unfair to women that men are not tested. I believe that the cut-off age for hpv vaccines is 26. If someone tests negative, they should have the option to get the vaccine to prevent it in the future.
>>
>>24941511
According to several studies, the effectiveness of the vaccine decreased drastically after "sexual initiation" (the first time you take off your clothes with someone).

This is why the CDC says the vaccine should be given to both girls and boys at age 11.
>>
>>24941441
Is there any medication that you can take in order to get rid of the hpv strain you have?
>>
>>24941522
Nope. It will go away on its own within 2 years.
The pap smear in a year will tell me if it's gone.
>>
>>24941441
I think OP should disclose about the HPV strain. Hopefully, OP clears the strain much faster than normal. Maybe look into herbal or alternative medicine that have anti-viral properties that might assist in clearing it faster.
>>
>>24941583
There is no way to clear it faster.
I am OP.
I have asked 4 different doctors the same question and they have all said to wait it out and that I should be fine as long as I come back for my next pap smear.
My gynecologist also said it shouldn't inhibit me from having sex, and that consistently using condoms is a ffutile effort with a continuous partner because they will definitely catch it and then what's the point?
>>
>>24941441
>Basically, my question is...as a female with HPV, do I have to tell random people I sleep with that I have it?
Yes of course.

Why is this even a question? Don't be an asshole.
>>
>>24941604

not to mention that even if it's a man you infect, he should at least know that he could potentially infect other women. let's not joke with cancer
>>
>>24941627
The doctor said I don't have to be concerned as long as people go to their regularly scheduled pap smears
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.