[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Workplace Romances Thread I might be in one soon. >pic related.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: randal.gif (26KB, 320x237px) Image search: [Google]
randal.gif
26KB, 320x237px
Workplace Romances Thread

I might be in one soon.
>pic related. We're both Kevin Smith fans.
Hopefully it turns out better than my last.

Anyone care to share experiences, offer advice or talk about their views on workplace romance?
>>
Never really had a workplace romance. The closest I've gotten was a new employee who treated me to dinner and then invited me to his room. He never really made a move or anything, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't interested but just wanted to hang out or show me his room or whatever. 99.99% certainly just trying to be friendly to his new colleagues, but for half a second I did think it was a possibility that he was hitting on me. I think the fact that that's the closest I've been to a workplace romance just about shows how far away I am from them.

As far as my opinions on them go: I guess they're the same as any other kind of romance. Except if they go awry it can create some pretty awkward situations in the workplace. I wouldn't want to have to work with someone I had a nasty breakup with every day immediately after we broke up.
>>
I've never been in a workplace romance but I have had awkward experiences in the workplace, basically sexually harassed by older women when I was like 16-17
>>
>>24915379
I grew up working in a bar and dated coworkers a lot. It definitely can work! You have a good start with her being a Kevin Smith fan... At the very least, have fun while you can with her.
>>
If you work in a call center, there's always workplace romances. You can't avoid them! Just make sure you're not a manager or supervisor directly overseeing someone, and talk to HR about it! Better to be proactive than them find out about it.
>>
Was in a pretty shit relationship that I got into during highschool, found out the girl had BPD and was phyco. Tried to make it work for 2 years. Worked a shitty drugstore job and fell in love with a girl there who I flirted with. Broke up with the girl I was with, the dated/fucked the new girl for about 2 months. While being harrased and baited into sex with my crazy ex. The new girlfriend and I split because of her religion and father. Fell for a thirst trap and fucked my crazy ex in a park and when I went to get some of my shit. Told her I don't want to be with her and she faked a suicide attempt.

Don't fuck co-workers, but flirting is OK.
>>
It all started off as innocent flirting and then over time we just kind of gave in to it. A few very happy years went by and out of nowhere a baby popped up. Then the stresses of being young parents caught up to us and we separated but are still good friends with the best interest of the child in mind. I ended up getting transferred to a different location while she stayed back where we first met. I wouldn't have changed it at all, can't imagine my life without my kid
>>
>>24915546
She's definitely fun. Here's my current situation: >>18038516

My last workplace relationship was bad. I kept it going out of desperation and because I deluded myself into thinking I should only date people with mental issues as bad as mine. She emotionally, physically and sexually abused me. We met working with kids. Fucking YMCA. Her boss hired her to date me.

The baggage, combined with living with my folks--who added to my baggage considerably--, has made it difficult to find a lady. Five years later, I'm worried about the same thing happening. Who knows though.
>>
>>24915606
Since 4chan doesn't like cross-board posting, here's my current situation: >>>/adv/18038516
>>
>>24915595
Awww, Dad goals. Seriously it's nice to see shit like that. I just broke off with my gf of 5 years but we are trying to be civil and friends but it's hard
>>
>>24915616
It really is hard. I gave her and my daughter all the love I had but we just want her to have parents that don't hate each other. In the end I still have her as a friend and a co-parent. Trust me I know how confusing the whole idea is but if you give it 100% try to live an honestly fulfilling existence peace and happiness will find you
>>
>>24915631
That's admirable. Having grown up with parents that did the opposite, I respect that type of commitment.
>>
It can work and you'd be surprised how many workplace relationships turn into marriage.

Just be aware as other have said that if it goes wrong, then it can be awkward at work for a while. So if you do decide to split up make sure its mutual and clear that its over, none of this hinting of hooking up again because both parties are not 100% sure it is over. Remaining friends is ok but you both may need some space for a short while before that can happen.

Reason I said make sure its mutual and 100% clear it was over is I dated a co-worker and while she broke it off, she kept hinting that it could end up happening again giving me mixed messages so I didn't know what to do and I'm sure ahe didn't know what to do either.

Plus side was cosplay got me out of that thinking, ended up having some fun with my costume designer, which lead to another girl who eventually met my wife through.
>>
>>24915631
>>24915650

In the unlikely event my wife and I split up, thats the way I'd like to do that with my daughter so at least she has an upbringing with as little negative disruption as possible.
>>
not exactly workplace romance but I banged my coworker's brother at a company fundraiser (I work at a nonprofit) and now my manager is trying to date him and doesn't know we fucked. Hoping it doesn't turn out messy
>>
>>24915732
The person I work with is only at my site three days a week. One and a half of them I spend on separate floor. Even though we were in orientation together, I didn't know she worked there for a couple months.
>>
My work crush and I work at what I'll call a clinic.

Reasons I think she likes me:
>Complains that I don't drop by her office when she isn't seeing patients and waste her time
>Asks if it's okay to sit with me at lunch in the break room when there's no one else in there
>We have an inside joke
>Very enthusiastically says yes when I reference inside joke when inviting her to have lunch with me at work and invites me to join her in her office, door closed
>Emails me about work shenanigans not long after said lunch when I planned on waiting a bit to contact her
>Comes to say hello when she's having a hard day and when she's free and wants to chat.
>Initiates goofy email conversations with me on a semi-regular basis
>She started having non-work conversations with me and encouraged me not to be so formal with her. This preceded most of the above mentioned, aside from a few conversations where she dropped her direct, business like persona and turned bubbly and energetic, which she has a tendency to when we're alone together.

Reasons to the contrary
>She's five years older than me
>Very curt when speaking to me in person outside of our lunch meetings or stop and chats
>I've screwed up payments for her patients twice, granted I'm new to that side of the job, but still
>Only emailed me once today and it was regarding business matters because I undercharged a new patient $5. I misread what his co-pay was. She was understanding, but I don't want to be incompetent around her, let alone at my job. I might be being hard on myself, but still.
>I also made the mistake of giving her a coupon for a pizza place. We've only been pseudo-flirting/friendly for two-three weeks. I don't want to move too fast, especially if we're working together. It felt cringy, but I heard her say, "Mmmm. Looks yummy" as we went our separate ways.

Thoughts? I'm late 20's. She's early 30's and divorced.
>>
Don't do it! I worked at a place that had around 10 female and 3 males(counting me) employees. The company hired a super hot girl, DD tits, really cute. We never dated, but hooked up and had sex a few times. I started to like really like her, but her x-boyfriend moved back. So, I stopped seeing her And they started dating again. That was fine, except she cheated on him and ended up sleeping with the other guy I worked with and with 3 of the other girls from work. ( they had a sleep over one night and shaved each others pussy's and lesed out... really) She then slowly turned all her new girlfriends/sex partners from work against me. No one talked to me at work - and I was the good guy! I hated coming to work and quit about a month later. Don't sleep around where you work unless it's just a part time job.
>>
>>24915915
There are definitely some horror stories. See mine above. My boss hired her friend, who had a boyfriend at the time, and placed her in the same classroom as me. We were working with third graders. She spent most of the time flirting with me while I tried to focus on the kids and keep them from killing each other. It was a rough neighborhood. I didn't need the distraction. Once we started dating, like I had much of a choice...well I did and I should've said no...anyway, my boss made me do extra work because she felt I owed her. At a certain point, I'd been through so much with the lady I just stuck with her, even though it was killing me. I almost married her out of guilt and horniness. It all started because I dated a co-worker.
>>
This is a bit of a gamble all around.

I'm currently rolling around with a subordinate in my company. She's two levels down and in a different management group to me. We met up at a work event and it went from there. She's married to boot.

It's one of those things, that when it's working, it's awesome. We are always planning and up to mischief. When it ends though, it has all the hallmarks of a completely fucking disaster written all over it, and you need to consider it in this regard.

Like dating, it can be great, or suck. The end can be mutual, or realllllly bad. Most of the time it won't affect your work life, but in cases like this, obviously it will. It's important to consider that.

As it stands, I'm having some of the best, kinkiest sex I've had in years, and I'm fucking loving it. I'd honestly give up my career for this, but neither of us want that, and both of us are on professional career tracks and know what this is. Thus, it's worth it. We're very romantically involved, but we also know the boundaries of the relationship.

What I'm saying is: It's high risk, middling reward. If you're smart about it, you can get out unscathed, but there's always a chance you'll get it wrong. There are normally easier ways to get laid, just works really well for me atm..
>>
>>24915914

Just move in for the kill already damn it!
>>
>>24915951
You seriously think I have a chance?
>>
>>24915939
That's a bad idea on so many levels. First, if this isn't bait, she has a husband. Secondly, she's your subordinate. Regardless of management groups, that's a cause for concern if she moves up or you move down.
>>
>>24915914
>>24915951
>>24915993

Yes dude, take your shot.
>>
>>24916262
Even though I'm a fuck-up receptionist?

I'm inclined to think so, since we had lunch yesterday and she seemed to be all business even before I screwed up today. Losing my job is the main issue. She could be cur to me around others because she's aware of the risks as well...I hope so...

Fuck it. I'll ask her to get tea next weekend.
>>
>>24916286
*curt to me
>>
>>24915379
My boyfriend and I met at work, shitty coffee shop.
It was against the rules since he was technically a shift manager, so we kept it secret for a few months before it got out and we were transferred to different stores.
We've been dating for almost 3 years now and we got way better jobs since then so I think it worked out
>>
>>24916176
I did acknowledge there was risk.

We aren't letting it be known we are seeing each other, and we are very careful.

The morality of her having a husband is for her to deal with. Simply put, if not me, then someone else.

Honestly, if it were to affect my job performance in any way, I'd either be moving to a different company or I'd be ending it. Currently, I'd move.

Nothing in life is as simple as having something good happen without having to balance some kind of negative.

And how is her getting promoted any different from your girlfriend getting promoted at work and changing the dynamic in your home relationship? These things happen all the time, you just need to keep your head together and approach it like an adult.

Certainly not bait though.
>>
>>24916498
>The morality of her having a husband is for her to deal with.
You still know she has a husband and willingly participate in adultery. You're innocent by any means.

>And how is her getting promoted any different from your girlfriend getting promoted at work and changing the dynamic in your home relationship?
If she moves to your division or rises to your level, it will create conflicts of interest. My point had nothing to do with your interpersonal relationship.

>Certainly not bait though.
Right. Anyone that points out flaws in logic or moral impropriety is simply a provocateur.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.