[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chilean Thread, I guess.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1500px-Flag_of_Chile.svg.png (13KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1500px-Flag_of_Chile.svg.png
13KB, 1500x1000px
Chilean Thread, I guess.
>>
I'm an American looking to make some Chilean friends, I've been just fascinated with the country since I was little and I plan to stay there for 2 weeks in a few months.
>>
>>24912251
jelou mai friend
>>
>>24912264
I should have probably given my kik and Skype.

Kik: salemlaceration
>>
>>24912264
When do you intend to come, and where are you intending to stay?
>>
>>24912386

I plan to come around August, and I am still figuring where exactly I'll be for the majority of the trip, I know that I'll definitely be in Santiago
>>
>>24912664
Around August and still wondering where you're going to go.

Have you got any ideas? Viña del Mar and Valparaíso are probably no brainers, the trip from Santiago to there is super cheap, you will be there in no time (~2 hrs in bus), and you will definitely enjoy it as both are great spots for tourists.
>>
>>24912715
I had those three in mind, but I want to try some things that aren't too touristy either any idea on some gems hidden away I might enjoy?
>>
>>24912776
Isla Grande de Chiloé. Further to the south, probably not well known but definitely a very singular place.
>>
>>24912787
Singular?
>>
>>24912814
And where's the southern most place I can go with it still being reasonably accessible?
>>
>>24912830
>>24912787

I meant to make it like that, Rest In Peace this idiot. Tryna travel across the world but can't make a post right.
>>
>>24912814
>Singular
>being out of the ordinary : unusual <on the way home we had a singular adventure>
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/singular

>>24912830
>>24912840
The southernmost place you can go? Technically that would be Punta Arenas, but I don't know how accessible it is. It's a city so if you mean accessible as "you can actually go without major hassles" then yes, that and its surrounding places are great. Visiting the cave of the Milodon is a must.
>>
>>24913139
Oh, well I usually think of singular meaning one, and alone, my bad.

And thank you, I am marking all these places, anywhere for a more cultural/artsy/historical vibe.
>>
Fuck that place, go to Mexico
>>
>>24913254
Nah, fan you ruined the dream, the nice cenote dream, you crushed it into a thousand pieces.
>>
>>24913217
>And thank you, I am marking all these places, anywhere for a more cultural/artsy/historical vibe.
Let me give you a brief list of places, north to south.

15th region: Morro de Arica, a big hill in the middle of Arica is its main attraction, together with the valleys. The fertile valleys in the middle of a dry desert might charm you. And, you can go to Tacna anytime (so long as your visa allows).

1st region: Iquique is full of beaches and some historical and interesting stuff out of the city, make sure to make a tour to Humberstone and to visit Pica.

2nd region: lol don't try, everything is ugly and industrial here. If I totally had to? Antofagasta and San Pedro de Atacama.

3rd region: Bahía Inglesa is a beautiful beach near Copiapó you may want to visit. And, Vallenar maybe?

4th region: La Serena and Coquimbo, both nice cities to visit. Also make a tour to the Elqui valley.

5th region: Besides Valparaíso and Viña del Mar make sure you go through the seaside route to the north, until you hit Zapallar. Don't leave without trying the sweets from La Ligua. Go to Olmué, and also go to San Antonio, Santo Domingo, and their nearby locations.

Metropolitan region: lolsantiago. But also go to Curacaví, Melipilla, and make yourself a favor and visit Pomaire, famous for its clay works.

Splitting the country here for a next post!
>>
>>24913305
From here on I don't know as much. By the way, visiting the towns might prove a good experience!

6th region: I've heard Rancagua is boring af, so maybe the towns are better.

7th region: Talca doesn't sound to be as boring, same for Curicó. Can't say much.

8th region: I do know more of this place. Concepción, its surrounding cities, the Salto del Laja (a waterfall), Chillán...

9th region: Same, don't know as much. But here, the mapuche are more prevalent so maybe look for a place where their food is sold. Oh, and Villarrica, its lake and its volcano will prove a nice sight.

14th region: Valdivia is a no brainer. This is basically our Germantown.

10th region: Llanquihue, its lake, and the nearby volcanoes. Puerto Montt, and as I said before, Isla Grande de Chiloé. Castro and Ancud are must visits. Make sure to eat the sea food here.

11th region: Dunno if I should recommend this one. Maybe for its countryside feeling and the Patagon.

12th region: Punta Arenas, its nearby towns, and Tierra del Fuego, shared with Argentina. Go to a tour office to get a good feel of this place, you may be able to ride a yatch on the icy waters, and to pay the cave of the Milodon a visit.

>>24913254
>Suggesting OP to get shot by narcos
>>
>>24913305
>>24913309

Screened all of that, thank you so much, I now know more about what I can do in a place I've dreamed about visiting since I was a little kid!
>>
>>24912251
HELICOPTER CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
>>
Chilean here. Last month I went to Pucón for a week and it's the best place I've gone to in my country. Loved it so much, I really recommend it <3
>>
Chilean fag with poor English reporting in.
>>24912264
What got you so interested in our country?
I recommend you to go as southern as possible, people are nicer there and there's tons of beautiful mountains and lakes.

Next week I'm hitchhiking for the first time and I plan to get to Chiloé, any advice? I'm starting at Santiago.

If anyone is interested my kik is Katzam, we could go get some coffee when I get back to Santiago.
>>
File: Chile-1000.jpg (318KB, 1200x1185px) Image search: [Google]
Chile-1000.jpg
318KB, 1200x1185px
>>24914206
When I was seven my father told me about this country he had visited at the "Southern End of the World" with mountains, glaciers and the nicest he's met. He also gave me this 1000 peso bill that I keep on me all the time.

So it was a childhood fascination that grew into a life goal of visiting South America and seeing this mysterious country I barely heard about being a Puerto Rican American.
>>
I'm half chilean and swedish , my chilean family ( here in europe) keep saying chile is expensive. Is that true ? Like what would food from the street cost ? Shit like that.
Also it's weird for me that a thread like this exist , since chile is always ignored.
>>
>>24913305
>2nd region: lol don't try

San Pedro de Atacama (yeah I know you mention it) is the second most visited spots in Chile and one of the main attractions in South America, you assclown
>>
>>24914467
That's sorta why I became really focused on it, since I never hear about it my curiosity spiked.
>>
>>24914719
esto podría ser muuuuy peligroso, srta xd
>>
>>24914719
¿No tendrás Kik, por un casual?
>>
>>24912251
cant say im chilean but whatever
>>
>>24915375
no, no tengo, pero agreguen a wsp
>>
>>24915158
¿por que?
>>
>>24914719
He hablado con esta chica, y no es ella la que está posteando, es un acosador que tiene sus datos. No la agregueis, por favor.
>>
Dejen a esta niña tranquila por favor, ya lo ha pasado lo suficientemente mal con este acosador que está usando su información.
>>
>>24914719
Detente, por favor.
>>
>>24914489
And that's literally it. Antofagasta is ugly as sin and Calama has literally no touristic value, unlike other places, even Iquique.

>>24913446
This, I also forgot about Pucón.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.