[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can we do to fix /soc/? Why is this board so slow nowadays?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: brandon.jpg (13KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
brandon.jpg
13KB, 300x100px
What can we do to fix /soc/?

Why is this board so slow nowadays? It's been on decline for a while now, but it seems to have reached a new low the last year especially.

There is never any discussion, only ever a thousand dick threads/trap threads, and rate threads rarely make it past 70 replies (I thought you were all egotistical, insecure bastards).

Is /soc/ dead? If not, what can we do to make it not completely shit or is it too late?
>>
>>24829806
board should just be renamed to /mingle/ for sexual hook ups and social should be made into a blue board for all the discussion and chat threads.
>>
>>24829940
Easy to not open threads you're not interested in... besides, the entire rest of 4chan is for discussion.
>>
>>24829806
Tee bee aych its because vapid girls are ruining the culture, the whole point of 4chan is to get away from normie behavior, "like omg youre literally perf gurl like your hair 10/10" this shit is in every thread. And it just attracts equally vapid responses, oh and also a fuck ton of beta orbiters bashing each others looks to quell the competition
>>
>>24829971
I agree, there's not even a fraction of the girls that there once was when /soc/ was first made. even then, the numbers were small. now they're laughable.

maybe this is why there is an influx of interest in trap threads and thus an influx in dick threads?

truly fascinating, maybe we've cracked the code.

>>24829940
and what would you fill it with? what kind of conversation? why can't we have that here?

>>24829967
it's hard to ignore a thread you're not interested in when there is no thread you're interested in because the threads you're not interested have taken over the whole catalog
>>
>>24829990
>it's hard to ignore a thread you're not interested in when there is no thread you're interested in because the threads you're not interested have taken over the whole catalog

So start a thread...
>>
>>24829998
Yep thats precisely what hes done you mongoloid, but with the level of condescension its little wonder this board is cancer, based off what already little exposure i had to it
>>
what about ban duplicate threads?
there area literally 5 dick rate thread atm
>>
>>24830058
this is what I think needs to happen. more mod intervention needs to be happening to keep duplicate threads from forming, most days there are a good 10 dick threads up 24/7. I know /soc/ is shit anyways and always has been but there's got to be some way to get mods to take notice

>>24829998
I have and so have others. again hard to compete when all the other threads take over and people lose interest in this board altogether which I touched on in the fact that rate threads, which used to get upwards of 250-300 posts per thread and could have 2-4 at a time, now only get about 70 posts if they're lucky

people are driven away right away because of the overwhelming amount of duplicate threads.
>>
>>24829967
that has nothing to do with my post
>>24829990
are you new? social actually used to have more discussion threads than rate threads when it was created. there is no "social" aspect about this board anymore and is why it should be renamed maybe even removed
>>
>>24830058
That's a management issue...
>>
>>24829971
>girls the problem
>gays plague this board like vermin
>>
>>24830072
There are 13 rate threads (not counting dick rate)... The more you make, the less traffic each gets.
>>
people don't want to invest in actually using the board for socializing, they're here for a dose of validation but not interested in extending their presence, they already have this life outside and it's what they don't get there that they're here for.

Because in the end of the day people sustaining this sort of discussion type thread are people whose involvement here is partially or totally replacing an social involvement in the real world.
>>
>>24830033
>mongoloid, but with the level of condescension

Ironic
>>
File: 1422228027993.jpg (30KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
1422228027993.jpg
30KB, 405x720px
>>24830172
I've been on 4chan for ten years and I'd just like to support that this has certainly become the case and it didn't used to be be like this. I actually remember a time before dick threads.
>>
>>24830214
Seven years ago even b didn't have this much dick

I do not know however if this good or bad, but at least two years ago the regulars of the rate threads were also the regulars of music/discussion etc threads. Now every rate thread is a complete set of new faces. What I think is that the regulars of previous generation now have reached a pout where they have to keep busy with their lives making living etc but the new generations to come despite not being at the point where the previous generation started their involvement on this board and with less on their plate with real life are not even willing to have any deeper connection to them it's just another Instagramesque platform.
>>
>>24830214
I'm in the same boat and I've been here since /soc/ was made and this is definitely how it seems.

I guess like another anon stated, it's more of a mod issue and the quick fixes of attention turns away the anons that actually want to talk.

I guess that's all that can really be said in the end.

>>24830242
I think this too, older anons that were on this board relied on it heavily. now newer anons have other ways to feel validated and get quick fixes. maybe you hit the nail on the head, anon

maybe we should all just make an instagram/twitter and be done with it
>>
Everyone wonders why this place sucks?
>>
Be good to see a what are you drinking tonight thread again.

But I would also say that we should be more embarrassing of the cam girls we do have rather than going "oh you're not as good as the good ol days of *insert cam whore name here*"

Not going to happen but it'd be nice. I rather have never nudes and chat than nothing.
>>
>>24830413
Embracing not embarrassing.
>>
>>24829971
>he thinks there are girls here

Most of the newfags bringing the terrible twitter/ribbit lingo are dumb assholes who contribute nothing. Many are gay as fuck, literally.
Most the newfriends who are female at leaat get suckered into posting a few nudes. If you dont want girls to come here and get naked then you might as well leave.
>>
>>24830431
Oh I don't mind nudes but bullying them into it means you don't get people to hang around.

And there are girls here they just don't post.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxocd3z3OLU
>>
>>24830446
Who said anything about bullying
>>
>>24829806
Ok I'll be real about you because it doesn't look like anyone has figured out the answer yet.

/soc/ is dying because it's genre brings less than nothing into real life. The shut in network at least tries to give you some sort of identity but the board in its current state is just a refuge for a bunch of (mostly) lonely guys who can't talk to girls.

Now, I'm not saying this is bad or anything. If they want to stay in a perpetual motion of loneliness and thinks a few pixels on a screen will numb their pain for a moment, it might be worth it.

But without an account based system there's no way for anyone to have a real identity except if you blow up to become a /soc/ superstar-- which might ruin your life more than it might be a boost.

Mostly I feel the board is to egocentered without there being a chance for a ego(we are anon, we are legion). And being part of the legion means being anon.

So in essence, either we accept we are all one, or /soc/ requires account for anonymous identity.

There's no real conversation on /soc/. It's just a bunch of dickpics and vagpics. The latter is fine (still), but as for dickpics: you do realize there are a bunch of websites on the internet with far more attractive penises than the ones you carry? vagpics are only fine for now because they were late to the game and will realize the same matter shortly.

If you really want people to care you have to start talking- expecting a reply- and be willing to give something up from yourself.

Right now everyone wants to receive without giving-- and if you give a dickpic then you might just get nothing because of equal value.
>>
>>24830555
Yeah but no.

The essence of anon is ruined here with the IDs. It also hampers honest, open, and creative conversations. Maybe a camwhore wants to express her deep secrets but she doesnt want them associated with her pics. Well she cant talk about those things in that thread, can she?
This is 4chan and we all like to shitpost and troll. Theres no reason why yoi shouldn't be able to flame some faggot in one post and make a thoughtful addition to a conversation in another.
Also the very idea of posting your face and body is , in my opinion , the antithesis of anonymous. So its pretty fucking stupid that we do this at all. It does seem like a good idea to make this a containment board. Shit is always being moved here when dumb newfags create "faces of" and rate threads on other boards.
>>
>>24830555
>There's no real conversation on /soc/.
This is a convo...

Again, like most oldfags do is bitch about how great the past was, it seems like this is the only way you guys have conversations.

I reply to pic threads they thank me ask if I have kik and we go and have a convo. To me it works... .
>>
>>24830583
Well then. Seems like you have everything you wanted.

Have fun with the board.
>>
>>24830583
how are you supposed to /soc/ialize if you can't be identified in some way?
that's ridiculous. it's a fucking id, it's not a personal account.
>>
>>24830603
>kik

Why not talk here. Thats what i dont understand about this board.
I dont wana fucking talk to anyone on any platform besides right here. Im down to talk dirty, im down to give life advice, im down to help you write your fucking resume. I just dont want to fucking "kik". I dont want your throwaway. UNLESS a conversation was so interesting and I didnt want to miss the chance to talk to an anon. But that has only happened on other boards, boards that are topic-specific. If you are attracted to me, that isnt a reason for me to talk to you. If two numbers and a letter are all you know about me, no i do not need to talk to you.
But theres always space here.
>>
>>24830611
Are you retarded? Or is this literally the only board youve ever been on?

>>24830610
Great reading comprehension, pal.
>>
>>24830631
You do know id's change from thread to thread and you can literally play with what you call "the essence of anon" as is?

What the fuck are you even arguing for when you already have exactly what you wanted?
>>
>>24830631
either you're trolling or you didn't get the whole point of this board. go back to /b/ anon, there's everything you need.
>>
>>24830644
>>24830647
Are you the same person switching ID? Kek
>>
>>24830626
The same reason I don't talk dirty to a girl on the bus, sometimes it's nice to have a public discussion and sometimes it's nice to have a private conversation.

But again I say, start a thread, and be specific as to what you want.

I like kik because even if we're just talking about music or electronics, I feel it flows better being that it sends me pushes when they reply.
>>
File: 1478362632525.gif (2MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1478362632525.gif
2MB, 380x285px
>>24830663
>>
>>24829806
>There is never any discussion

Yet everyone here is providing proof that there are discussions

/thread
>>
>>24830702
Slow down buddy. You can't "thread" your own post.
>>
>>24830670
If you like music or electronics why not go to /g/ or /mu/
You just want people to instant message with? Then put your kik in a kik thread. You really wont get much more than that here unless you want to talk about sex...
>>
File: IMG_5274.gif (806KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5274.gif
806KB, 200x150px
>>24830740
>>
File: 1480210220327.png (313KB, 542x441px) Image search: [Google]
1480210220327.png
313KB, 542x441px
>>24830765
Great thread, faggot
>>
>>24829806
Never any discussion because anyone who came here for that has been chased away by the dick rate threads.
A thousand dick rate/trap threads because the only people left are the autists and closest faggots.
Rate threads only make it to 70 because no cunt actually rates, just post and expect to get rated. They're fucking dumb threads anyway.

The whole of 4chan is ruined by vapid whores and thirsty betas showering them in attention.
>>
>>24829806
I don't get the image. Is this a tripfag?
>>
it's the normie board, you can't fix it.
>>
>>24831274
Sigh... This is ultimately true.
>>
/soc/ simply went the way of Craigslist.

At first, real women were on it, and then they got dogpiled by men. Eventually the women grew tired of it and left. Gay men and trannies then set up shop to prey on the desperate horny men to try and fish out the few on the fence "straight boys" to assfuck. Eventually it just compiles in on itself and turns into an all-you-can-anus-assfuck-extravaganza.

Only the most rancid/brain damaged attention whore women actually remain, and you seriously wouldn't want them, or a few really bored whores looking for (You)s that will never take it further.

Women have migrated to Instagram/Tinder/Snapchat and don't NEED to come to /soc/ or 4chan to find thirsty orbiters. There are line-ups around the block for all women, even fat uggos. Women can literally just take their pick of the litter of both Chads for dick, and betas for on-demand attention and emotion-whoring.

The golden era is done, lads.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.